6 15.00%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Deadliest animal

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I salute you for being a good moderator.

But still. Whoo, a microbiologist. Oh wow, now I'm scared. I KNOW there is a huge difference. I didn't say they were the same. What I meant was that they can both make you sick and they can both be harmful, but your immune system can fight both. Hey, a cat's a quadriped carnivorous mammal, a dog's a quadriped carnivorous mammal. They're the same in some ways, they're different in others. Bacteria and viruses are the same in some ways, they're different in others.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler, you have a point. But I never said you were immune to it, did I? If so, I apologize, for that's not exactly what I meant. I meant your immune system, IF ANY OF THE REPTILES CARRIED SALMONELLA, has become stronger for it. Apparently not many of the reptiles you handled had it, which is why your immune system can't keep you from getting it when you eat undercooked meat that contains it. I realize that most reptiles do not carry it. In my first reply about this I was strictly talking in assumption that whatever individual reptile you might handle DID carry it. I never assume the best, and nobody should. Like this: you never assume an animal won't bite, which is why I watch my lesson horse's head while on the ground. I never assume my lesson horse won't step on my foot after releasing his hoof after cleaning the hoof, which is why I move my foot before letting go. I never assume my lesson horse won't expand his chest and hold his breath when I tighten his cinch, which is why I check it again before mounting. I never assume my lesson horse won't kick if I walk behind him, which is why I keep my hand on his rump when I do so so he knows I'm there and won't get surprised. So, I never assume my gecko doesn't have salmonella. That could get me killed. Literally.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ July 08 2004,5:15)]By the way, re-read my last post. I edited some stuff in.
    Yes I see it.

FTG,

I can tell you are not going to agree with me and so I am going to stop posting after this because this is really eating up a ton of space and detracting from the topic at hand. Your first post said to trust you and I was countering that as is my right. And yes experience is experience and in most situations people tend to differ to those with greater experience. I have been educated in microbiology and I have been keeping reptiles longer than you. My saying that is not me trying to one up you it is me explaining where my experience comes from and how it affects my comments. It offers others reading this insite into where I am coming from and why I feel I have the right to voice my opinon. I am not asking you to "give a rip" about what I have to say but I do feel like you saying you don't implies that as far as you are concerned I am an idoit that no one should waste their time listening too and I don't feel that is a fair thing for you to be saying.

My posts are in the lecture style and I can even see how it might look like it is directed at you but it is not. It is directed at everyone who reads this. Please do not take it so personally as that was not my intention.

That is the end from me. If you have anything further to say please PM me. Like I said, I don;t want to keep detracting frmo the real point of this thread.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dogs are quadripeds but are actually omnivorous.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALLRIGHT PEOPLE!
    I am not taking any sides, but please, thsi whole thing is about what animal is dangerous, not what can or can't give salmenella, or how you can get it, or any of that stuff. Its merely about what animal is dangerous, thats all. Everyone has thier own opinion and is entitled to that opinion.
    You both have very good points but its not worth getting worked up over.
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is the deadlist, poisonous, once faster than a rabbit animal in north carolina?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will also be my last thing to say, so I won't PM it. I also don't feel good about PMing it because I want the others to also know what I'm saying, and so they know why I say what I say. That is all.

Quote[/b] ]I have been educated in microbiology and I have been keeping reptiles longer than you. My saying that is not me trying to one up you it is me explaining where my experience comes from and how it affects my comments. It offers others reading this insite into where I am coming from and why I feel I have the right to voice my opinon.
    That's the same reason I stated my experience.

Quote[/b] ]I am not asking you to "give a rip" about what I have to say but I do feel like you saying you don't implies that as far as you are concerned I am an idoit that no one should waste their time listening too and I don't feel that is a fair thing for you to be saying.
    You are also looking at me like that by not trusting the knowledge I offered just because of one mistake.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe, I kinda know that. I said they are carnivorous because that is mainly how they eat. I'm saying how they naturally are. They are only omnivorous when they have to be. Domestic dogs will eat anything we eat because they don't know the difference between broccoli and steak, since it all tastes good. Believe me, in the wild they wouldn't go and dig up broccoli. They would understand that that isn't meant and it's not what they naturally eat. Domestic dogs eat what we eat because they're hungry, we're eating it, we gave it to them, and it tastes good. Think about it: cats are the same way, more or less.

Both cats and dogs, in the wild, are omnivorous only if they have to be. They are also canniballistic, but only if they have to be. Just because they might do it doesn't mean they're classified as such.
    Liquid Plummer

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast