What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deadliest animal

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    luck

Deadliest animal - Here's the poll

• Eastern Diamondback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eastern Coral Snake

• Cottonmouth

• Eastern Panther

• Earthworm

• Eastern Box Turtle

• American Alligator

• American Crocodile

• Anolis Carolinensis

• Pygmy Rattlesnake

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Here's how I am going to decide the winner. After you vote post your answer. Only the people that have posted the correct answer will move on to stage two.
Good Luck.

First you have to explain what Anolis carolinensis is.  Is that a bird?  (I was so very close to finding out...)

It's a lizard.

eastern diamond back

I say Eastern Diamondback.

I'm going for a long shot.....Box Turtle.
smile_l_32.gif
I know it has no poison.

Jerry

Hey! When I try to vote for the diamondback I get a message saying I already voted!
smile_h_32.gif
At any rate I still say diamondback...

well i know its going to be one the you dont normally suspect.

so why did i pick the cottonmouth?

Eastern Coral Snake is my vote..

I think I'm going to go with the Eastern Box Turtle.

Eastern Box Turtle

actually just as i posted, it came to me............I bet it was box turtle from salmonella poisoning.
smile.gif

Joe

Hey Joe,
Please only one answer. Please edit one of your post and make one your final answer.
After I close the voting if I see more that one answer I won't count either. That way it'll be fair for everybody.
Thank you.

I'm voting Cottonmouth, for being the most agressive snake of the bunch.

Capslock

I know the eastern coral snake is the most venomous, but just the amount of venom pumped into a person by the eastern diamondback , Crotalus admanteus, gives it a run for its money because of its volume. The eastern coral snake still takes the prize as far as deadly. Sorry Ozzy, I don't fear "Chameleons".

I'll try.

"During my trip to Jones Lake this weekend the Ranger showed me some of the animals that they keep. He took one animal out of the cage and he told me that this animal killed more settlers in the area than any other animal, even more than indians. I was shocked. The weird thing is the method that this animal killed."

Using the suggestion that it was a lake, I think it improves the odds that is found around or in lakes. And using the suggestion that they keep it in a cage, and he wasn't too shy to take it out of the cage, (although I've seen crazy people take very dangerous animals out), the only 'shocking' animal really left is the Turtle which would have to have a 'weird' way to kill a person.

So here's my theory...

Eastern Box Turtle.  A hungry settler looking for a quick meal picks up the turtle and makes turtle soup.  After consuming the turtle, the people died either because they ingested the poison from the Mushrooms that the turtle ate or from the fact that they have been known to carry samonella which create a poison...but the disease itself does not kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back