Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What top buy with my cp money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

alrighty then, lets get started.

I have about 40 dollars to spend(on CPS, duh [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] )
    Now here comes the touh part. I currently have no CPs, but have had them before. What should I buy? For some reason I want to make a big CP terrarium thing in a 20 gallon tank that i have... But what should I pick?
    I live in zone 5, New Hampshire. I need some ehlp in waht to pick!
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you like to keep plants that can handle a NH dormancy? If so, your choices will be limmited (and therefor easier), or you don't care dormancy?

My first thougt, if dormancy is not an issue, is that you should check out what PFT has for sale.

But in order for us to make specific recomendations, we need to know a little more about what you want in general.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to keep the terrarium indoors, you'll probably want to focus on tropical species that don't need dormancy. I'd get a small nep, and a couple sundews, pings, or utrics. Tropical ones. This way you don't have to figure out how to over-winter them.

Capslock
    PS: PFT could set you up pretty well on all of this.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our basement is finished and heated in the winter, and we put a humidifier down there too. We also have shelfs in which we can put grow lights on with a timer, so dormancy is not an issue.

My Personal Favorites are Sarracenia, As i have never had much luck with nepenthes. If I could get some nice, easy nepenthes, then I would be happy. But I only like big nepenthes... Im so picky. I also Like Drosera Capensis, Which I bought off someone on this site for, awhile ago. I like pretty much all drosera, but capensis is my fav.

I have so muh trouble with making these choices... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFT sells Nepenthes 'Miranda' and its east to keep. mine is producing 8 inch plus pitchers at the moment. it has very colorful pitchers. for me Nepenthes are easier to keep than Sarr's, but that has more to do with the conditions i have availible.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.*************** is having a sale, whenever you buy a plant native to the U.S. You get a free flytrap
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats cool, but they are quite expensive.
    My question is, what happened to all the sarracenia PFT had?
    I remember alot more...

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you mentioned something about a 20gln aq. If you want to use that then you would need to set it up. You don't want to spend $$$ on plants and not have a place to grow them. Outside of a few hardies most Neps need a chamber of some sort. Humidity and temp must be maintained, also lowland would be recomended since highland would cost more to setup. You would need lights (I say compact flourescent) at least tube cool white and warm white, a way to maintain heat without big fluctuations and the same for humidity. The margin of humidity flux is smaller, Neps don't care for that much.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast