User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bad storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a bad one ripped through last night. Joe & Joe did you sustain any damage? I thought our 80 foot tree was going to go, but between the surrounding trees and the house sheilding it, it survived one my time. My green house did not fair so well. Mother Nature proved once again that no matter how well protected, she is boss. The greenhouse stood fine (sheilded on three sides), but must of did a lot of flexing. I kept some seedlings and my pygmies on the center, ost protected shelf. It was the only shelf taken out. First went the pygmies (the heavist of my trays) followed by a tray of seedlings (over 200) and finally my drosophyllum.

I went out this morning and my husband met me in the back. He said that I needed to check the greenhouse because there were plants everywhere. It was somewhat of an over-statement, thank goodness, but it did look bad.

I cleaned up the pygmies and now it is a waiting game to see if it will all survive. I think for the most part I will be alright as for as the pygmies go.

With the seed tray, well I will not be sending out pings in the near future. Pryo, if you have anymore indica I would be glad to send an SASE or trade. The sarrs are fine. I actually came out fairly well.

If anyone has any drosophyllum seeds please PM or email. I needsome and will work something out with you.

Watch out Easterners. Hopefully this one blows itself out. 80 MPH winds and golf ball size hail!
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some horrible lightning in the neighborhood but no damaging wind or hail. Rain was heavy but it mostly passed to the west of us catching 200th and west of there. Lightning was feirce though. I bet Griff got some the brunt too.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that, that sucks. Unfortunately I have none of the plants you seek. Midwest storms [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like its moving slowly..
    its heading straight for Chicago right now..

Current map

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rose,
    I have a couple'a extra sar seedlings if you loose any. Just LMK. For drosophyllum seeds, check out the carnibank.
    carnibank

Patrice has some in stock....ALL the way at the bottom of the page.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the strom that passed through NH yesterday, where i live, was pretty intense. lightning hit a 100 oot pine tree by my house, went straight down through the swamp.
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My green house did not fair so well
    how bad was the damage
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greenhouse actually made it through. I lost a couple hundred seedlings I was going to send out to you all. I still have a few hundred more. I did lose my peltata (anyone have some bulbs?), drosophyllum, and indica. The house itself went back together all right.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.