Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidental candidates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay to all the people out there who think we shouldn't have gone into Iraq, Do you think it would've been better to just leave the situation alone, and let Saddam kill inocent civilians?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem i have when ever ppl bring up the killing of his own ppl is: why is no one up in arms about all the genocide going on in the poor regions in Africa. whats going on there is FAR worse than anything that Saddam did to his own ppl. just figured i would toss this in. what those ppl are doing with "primitive" weapons will make yah wondering Saddam gasing his own ppl with WMD's was actually cruel. those ppl are wiping out other tribes with AK's and machetees who needs sarin gas?

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't particularly like Kerry either, for all the reasons stated.

But I DO think Bush is among the worst Presidents we've ever had.

- Following 9/11 the world stood behind the US. There was universal sympathy, and a feeling of community and brotherhood with our friends around the world. Now, we are considered arrogant, violent, dangerous, distrustfull, and that's in the Western world. In the Middle East, it's almost too bad for words.

- He has irresponsibly proposed tax cuts, mostly for rich people, while spending at record levels. Obviously, the debt has skyrocketed. We've gone from the largest surplus in US history to the largest deficit.

- He has derailed environmental regulations in favor of business interests.

- He allowed energy conglomerates to steal over a billion (with a B) dollars from California during our recent energy scandal, and didn't invoke any of the powers of the FERC, thereby making one wonder what possible situation they WOULD care about.

- He has packed science board positions at the NIH and elsewhere with anti-science right-wing ideologues.

- His obsession with banning stem-cell research has resulted in lost jobs and a delay in cures for many devastating diseases. Even Nancy Reagan has come full cirle on this.

- He lied to all of us about Iraq. Forget whether it was a good idea or not, good people can disagree on that (I think it was a bad idea for MANY reasons.) But nobody should think it's OK to lie to the whole world in making a case for war.

- His administratin has an obsession with secrecy, making for an opaque government NOT accountable to the people.

- **** Cheney has those beady, black shark eyes. He's just creepy.

- The Patriot Act. No, the FBI wouldn't have stopped 9/11 if only they knew what library books we checked out. WAY too Big Brotherish.

- Bush's stole the election from Gore. I didn't like Gore, and didn't vote for him, but if Kathleen Harris hadn't illegally purged thousands of black voters from the rolls there, Gore wins easily. That's just the way it is, and Bush can never be considered a legitimate President because of it. He literally stole the election, as uncomfortable as that makes you.

Capslock

PS: No Creation in schools. That's an asinine idea. It's NOT an alternative scientific theory, it's NOT backed by the mountains of evidence and lab observation that evolution is, and is only ONE of many religious accounts of the creation of earth. It's totally inappropriate for the classrom, not to mention Unconstitutional on it's face.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anybody who remembers 1968, I wonder if Pat Paulsen is still avaliable. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Bush is in the group of the "Stupid Presidents" , I truely believe that he makes decisions that are the most stupidest and anyone can probably do a better job at it...
    A note about the war- this war has baisically done nothing... for all I am concerned, now even more countries are against the US and terrorism is going to be not just Iraq now, but other Countries who hate us for the war. Instead why didn't bush say all of those Billions of dollars and focus it into supporting poorer countries, like make more schools, food, ect... and make more friends instead of foes.
    We were standing strong before the war and would be if we didn't go into war... our country is now less respected by many middle eastern countries.
    If only algore won... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 if Al Gore had won i may have had to turn in all my firearms by now. not a proposition i take lightly. it appears Kerry will be no better in this reguard. "Thoose who beat thier guns into plows will plow for those who dont" there is a reason the founding fathers put the right to bare arms right after the freedoms of speach and religion, the right to bare arms is needed to protect the first admendment. Hitler basically got rid of the right to individuals to own firearms in Germany not to long before he started "cleansing" his country of those he who deamed were unfit. realize this was only 60 years ago. it could happen again. "History is doomed to be repeated by those who refuse to learn from it"

#2 "terrorism" has NEVER just came from Iraq, you forget Bin Laudin is is a Saudi

#3 as to building schools in different poor countries. it sounds good in theory but doesnt seem to work in practice. look what missionairies have tried to do in Africa. sometimes they are welcomed, mostly they are run of or more common than most realize violently killed by the locals who think they have no buisiness there and who are interested only in whiping out their "enemies" so that they can be in sole control. case in point Somalia.

Personally i think the "billions of dollars" should be spent here at home. we need better health care, take care of the homeless, take care of the drug problem through TREATMENT not criminalization and prosicution.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    missionairies are outposts that preach religion to the 'ungodfull' or whatever . their purpous is to convert the people of africa to a different religion than the one they currently beleive in, because the missionairies say that what they belive in is wrong.
    They are not schools.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i realize that flaw in my example, forgive me its sunday and i spent 3 days out in the sun and heat taking pics of the local rodeo for the paper. im a lil out of it. you find however in Africa that alot of it boils down to the tribal level. one tribe hates the other and this goes back centuries. one is dead set in wiping the other out and will take out anyone else who gets in their way. it is like this across Africa. some areas are relitivly peaceful others are and have been violent for a long time. unfortunatly its usually in the poorest areas that the violence is the worst. this makes it quite difficult to set up schools and hospitals where they would be needed most. in Somalia the UN was trying to bring food and aid into a drought and poverty stricken area where different tribes have been waring and wiping each other out for hundreds of years. we got sucked into a bloody mess and in alreality we were just there to help the famine.

i can even give you a less violent example here in the states. i live on the Fort Peck Indian Reservation. when this reservation was set up someone in the government got the bright idea to put the Lakota and the Assiniboine on the same land. HUGE mistake. these tribes have been out after each other since.......well since the memory of the tribes start. the two groups do not get along, have never gotten along and prolly will NEVER get along. the tribal council is made up of both tribes and one side is constantly trying to kick the other out of power and almost nothing gets accomplished. on the eastern side of the reservation there is LOTS of oil. both tribes could be rich but instead their fighting amongst themselves drove the oil companies out of here and none want anything to do with the reservation reguardless of how much oil is here.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast