Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidental candidates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zak,
    The question of the origin of the universe is not related to evolution of life on earth. It's a much more difficult question, and I'm not aware of any ciriculum in schools that advances a particular notion about it. When they teach evolution, it's about the development of life on earth, billions of years after the beginning of the universe.

Creationism is the expressly Christian doctrine that the universe was created according to a literal reading of Genesis in the Bible. That is the basis for Creationism, and the religious nature, plus the dearth of scientific backing, are why it is inappropriate as an alternative theory to evolution in the public schools.

On questions where there aren't mountains of evidence like the origin of the universe, they shouldn't advance ANY particular notions until such evidence is apparent.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I am at work, so I havn't had time to read the full thread.

I would like say that God's Garden made an excellent post.

I do not stand behind ALL of W's views, but hey, I would be hard pressed to find anyone whome I agree with 100%. One thing I like about W. is that he is a butt-kicker. Its about time we had someone who doesn't take things lying down. We where attacked by terrorists and he brought the fight to THEM.

Iraq: Ok, lets face it, Sadam was a friggen mad man. IF he would have ever gotten his hand on a nuke, the world would have been held hostage by a maniac who just didn't care.

Some of W's stands I do not agree with, but at least I KNOW WHERE HE STANDS.

I can't tell you what in the world Kerry stands on darn near anything. First he was going to cut military spending (Which also is how he voted just about everytime in the Senate) Now he wants to increase the mil. by over a third He speaks to the crowds and the polls, not from his own views. That is scary to me.

Another question, how do you, with a clean conscience chose a running mate whome you spent the first half of your campaign slinging mud at? Heck, if I was the bush camp I would just re-run Kerry's first adds against Edwards.

Did anyone catch Kerry with Whoopie Goldberg? That is another thing I would air if I was the bush camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]He speaks to the crowds and the polls, not from his own views. That is scary to me.
    Interestingly, this doesn't bother my. My feeling is that the pres should do what the masses want, not what he (or she, I guess, one day) wants. The will of the people, not the will of the Pres. So, in a way, I guess it could be looked at as GOOD that he speaks to the masses and the polls..

Just thought I'd play Devil's advocate for a moment! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the deal with whoopie, well, that's her opinion and i completely agree. bush is a screwup imo.

i wish gore had won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    schoalty, in a way you could be right HOWEVER what if he is just playing the polls to get elected? and after he is elected he goes on his own agenda? like Casper says, we know where Bush stands, do we really know what Kerry is going to do? is he going to keep doing the "will of the majority" or is he going to go off on his own tangent? im not sure if he even knows.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler,
    When you're right, you're right! We don't know if he will keep it up or try to advance his own agenda. I really WAS playing Devil's advocate. I wish he had more of a spine. Whatever. I also wish to HAVE and environment for my daughter to enjoy... I'm really stuck.... I say "Write in Tamlin Dawnstar!"

Oooo....can't WAIT for him to read that one....LOL.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres an idea! i wonder if he would go for it? i too share your enviromental concerns. but i know Kerry's stand on gun control. while alot figure it a "trivial issue" i dont, i rate it up there with the freedoms of speech, press and religion. i figure as long as the general populace has their inaliable rights we can always get back control over the enviroment. even if the unfortunate and unlikely happens and we are required to take back control by force.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I guarantee is that Kerry will not take your guns away. That would be political suicide, and would cause ME, the ultimate pacifist, to go out and buy one. Ending gun ownership has never been part of the Kery platform.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast