Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Presidental candidates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats great but where did the laws of physics that must be present for this to occur come from? Where did the matter come from? If the earth was created from matter what created that matter? This is A beginning but apparently not THE beginning. I don't argue that there was generations of stars before ours but where did they come from? Nothing?

The Bible does not address itself to the age of the earth. Any attempt to determine the age of man biblically is doomed to failure because of the assumptions that must be made. This does not mean that man is necessarily of great age; it just means that the question is not a relevant biblical question. God has the patience to accomplish the earthís creation and all that is in it over a period of billions of years. God also has the power to create the earth two seconds ago - with you reading this document, the memory in your head, all of manís history and artifacts in place and functioning. The evidence is that you have been here more than two seconds. The evidence is that the earth and man have been here more than 6,000 years. The question is not the patience of God nor is it the power of God. To say God created the earth with the appearance of age is certainly within the power of God, but makes God deceptive in creating something that would mislead man. This is inconsistent with Godís nature and provides man with a way of abrogating his responsibilities.

The solution to the question of manís antiquity is to speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent. Pitting assumptions and speculations against one another generates confusion and appears to make science and the Bible contradictory. There can be no contradiction with silence. Let us allow the Bible to be silent where God intended for it to be silent.

© John N. Clayton

All I'm saying is there must be a theory on where the protoplanets came from, so now I'm wondering about that. In any case it dosen't counter the need for people to be given EVERY theory in science class.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Well thats great but where did the laws of physics that must be present for this to occur come from? Where did the matter come from? If the earth was created from matter what created that matter? This is A beginning but apparently not THE beginning. I don't argue that there was generations of stars before ours but where did they come from? Nothing?

For your information, The pope and church supports the theory of the big bang.
    The first stars formed from the ruble. aproximatly 10(-38)ths of a second ..... [thats 10 multiplies by 38].... after the big bang, quarks and antiquarks simotaniously are created and annihilate eachother. 10 (-4) secons after the big bang it is cool enough for protons and nutrons to form., and by 100 seccond they began to link up. by 1 billion years galixies and stars form from this rubble. In the universe, it was a alot smaller then so all of the bilding blocks were condensed into alot smaller of an area then they are now.

see, matter is not spread evenly trought the universe. In the densest packs, the first stars were born.

The law of physics isnt a law, but more of a prediction saying if so and so happens, then it says BLAH will be the outcome.

The law of pysics is incredebly precice. It can predict the outcome of things we have never seen before, and when new discoverys are made, the laws of pysics are proven right again and again.

There is a case when the actual speed of some small, rare obscure particle that i can remember was off bt 1(-200) of a second than what the law of pysics predicted it to be, so to explan it scientists creates the string theory. I cant explain that to you becaue even if i did, only the brightest minds can begin to comprehend it. Its something about 10 dimensions, and a 11 th dimension curled up into a infinite amount of tiny loops. Thats all i know, and now i have to go lay down for awhile because thinking about it makes my head hurt [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Well thats great but where did the laws of physics that must be present for this to occur come from? Where did the matter come from? If the earth was created from matter what created that matter? This is A beginning but apparently not THE beginning. I don't argue that there was generations of stars before ours but where did they come from? Nothing?
    A while back humans didn't know what the sun was or where it came from, so they made a "god" up to explain it.

Kinda reminds me of present day religion. Anything we can not explain yet is chalked up to "god".

"The Church says the Earth is Flat,
    But I know that it is Round,
    For I have seen the Shadow On the Moon,
    And I have more Faith in a Shadow Than in the Church."
    - Ferdinand Magellan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ July 13 2004,6:06)]For your information, The pope and church supports the theory of the big bang.

I thought you'd gather from my above post that I do to, I just happen to believe that God inetiated it.

The law of physics isnt a law, but more of a prediction saying if so and so happens, then it says BLAH will be the outcome.

The law of pysics is incredebly precice. It can predict the outcome of things we have never seen before, and when new discoverys are made, the laws of pysics are proven right again and again.

That is what I believe about it as well, and why they call it a "law" because of the precision. I'm just asking where it came from.
    Finch my reply is in you're quote above

Caspar,

Because of science we know the sun is not a god. I'm not sure I understand your point. But in reality, you don't know how the universe began. Neither one of us were there. Notice I said the universe not the earth we;re talking pre-earth here.
    Nobody knows there are only theories, so why shoul one be important than the others . I you want school childred to make decisions free of bias then thay should be given all the theorys.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been gone and then sick..looks like I better read this whole thread and catch up.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasnt it einstine that developed the modern laws of physics?

In the instant of the big bang, the four fundimental foreces of nature acted as one, and space and time were unified. Thats all we know. Anytrhing past past that kwlege is open to specculation.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all theories are equal. Most common scientific theories, like those surrounding the Big Bang, are based on hundreds of thousands of hours of research, data collection, and analysis. Things like the chemical composition of the stars and planets, their trajectories and speeds, and observation of nebulae and other atmospheric phenomena. These form the basis for scientific theories, and are totally unlike religious proclamations, which have no data or analysis to back them up.

Just because they both are "theories" in no way implies that they are in the same category, or are on equal footing. In education, we should teach the scientific theories that have the most sound basis in science. Not just anyone's random opinion.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Caspar,

Because of science we know the sun is not a god. I'm not sure I understand your point. But in reality, you don't know how the universe began. Neither one of us were there. Notice I said the universe not the earth we;re talking pre-earth here.
    Nobody knows there are only theories, so why shoul one be important than the others . I you want school childred to make decisions free of bias then thay should be given all the theorys.
    I can agree with you there, but when you say all theorys then that includes ones written by pagan, islamic, bhudist (sp??) wiccans etc PLUS scientific theorys, right?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast