Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Presidental candidates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when
    my high
    school teacher taught his theory of evolution.
    In science class, things should be taught that have to do with real science. Real science means examining the facts, and coming up with an explanation of those facts. As new facts are uncovered, the explanation may be proven right, or may need to changed, or may even need to be discarded completely in favor of a new explanation. That's how science works.

Religion starts with the explanation, then forces the facts to match the explanation by misinterpertation, or just ignoring that which doesn't fit. Does not belong in a science class room.

By the same token, I would never ask you to to use chemistry of phsyics in church to tell you how to live fullfilling life.

Using religion for science is like using a screwdiver to bang in a nail. It's the wrong tool for the job.

Adam and Eve should give way to Atom and EVEolution in school.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Well thats great but where did the laws of physics that must be present for this to occur come from? Where did the matter come from? If the earth was created from matter what created that matter? This is A beginning but apparently not THE beginning. I don't argue that there was generations of stars before ours but where did they come from? Nothing?
    I could turn this around and ask "Where did God come from?" The inevitable answer is that God was always there, as He is eternal..... Now why, oh why, it that ANY more believable? I frankly have more faith in the universe coming from nothing based on what I've studied. Saying God is eternal, in my mind, is a cop out to avoid the question. Spontaneous creation of matter is actually an observable phenomenon. I used to be able to explain how it could lead to the creation of everything, but I've been out of the physics classroom so long...

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have kept quiet about this thread until now but can no longer resist. After reading the posts, I have come to the conclusion that some of you, both Democrats and Republicans, haven’t got a clue. The duty of every voter is to “be informed”.
    The following are facts that you can check out yourself and make you a more well informed voter.

In the years between 1995-2001 Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry, (The wife of Presidential Candidate John Kerry.) gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation. And what does the Tides Foundation do with that money? Check it out at;
    http://www.tidesfoundation.org/index_tf.cfm

The foundation supports numerous antiwar groups, including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Check it out at; http://www.iacenter.org/

They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas. Check it out at; http://www.cair-net.org/

They support the National Lawyers Guild. I can’t even describe that one. Check it out at; http://www.nlg.org/

They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico. Check it out at; http://carbon.cudenver.edu/MEChA/cmty.html

If voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and see the real
    Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not appreciate her position as ultra rich fairy
    Godmother of the radical left. They will not want to imagine her lying
    her head on a pillow each night…inches away from the President of the
    United States.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is not running for President.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but her husband is and most wives have a perfound influence over what their husbands do. also dont you think he knows she is giving money to these groups? if he didnt want her to wouldnt he do something about it?

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    False accusation on Heinz. From the foundation: (and we're not talking about Heinz herself, but the Heinz Foundation that has made the Tides donations.)

"In recent weeks, The Heinz Endowments has been accused of using its funding of the Tides Center of Western Pennsylvania to advance a laundry list of partisan causes and fringe political groups. This accusation is simply wrong.

It originated in an opinion column written by a researcher for the conservative, Washington, D.C.-based Capital Research Center. The crux of CRC’s argument is that money directed by the Endowments to Tides is "fungible." By supporting projects through Tides, CRC alleged that Heinz has secretly funneled money to every other organization that has ever received funding through Tides Center and the separate Tides Foundation.

Since first being published in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, CRC’s accusation has been picked up and expanded in opinion pieces in a number of newspapers, including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and the Washington Times. But not even these publications have leveled this allegation in actual news stories.

The reason why is obvious: The charge does not stand up to objective scrutiny. Four facts undercut it completely. First, by legally binding contract, every penny of Heinz’s support to Tides has been explicitly directed to specific projects in Pennsylvania. It cannot legally be redirected and is the exact opposite of fungible.

Second, the Tides Center is a provider of management and administrative services, and we have used it only for those services, not to advance Tides’ grantmaking agenda. Foundations from all across the country-many, like Heinz, with strong centrist agendas-use these services to incubate an array of nonprofit programs. So does the federal government. It is no more accurate to suggest that Heinz supports every one of these programs than it is to suggest that someone who contributes to a specific group through the United Way supports the agenda of every other United Way beneficiary.

Third, the projects we have supported through Tides speak for themselves. They include programs to test the career readiness of area high school students, protect Pittsburgh’s environment and retain young people in our region-hardly an extremist agenda.

Fourth and finally, information about every one of our Tides-related grants is and always has been readily available in our public filings, annual reports and here on our web site. Far from being secretive, we have been consistently open in detailing the nature of our grants to Tides and every other organization we fund."

Indeed, you can find the total grants and what they were specifically for here:
    Heinz Endowments grants to Tides

Be careful, Lauderdale, when accusing others of not having a clue.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for clearing that up Capslock.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am voting for Kerry. I've always been a Democrat, though, to be honest, I dislike Kerry more than any Democratic nominee I remember. He's got a great environmental record. And Edwards was a good choice for a running mate.
    However, I have seen conflicting messages from Kerry on health care, and I am not sure what his health care reform plan is. No action at all would be better than what Bush has done (taking away patients rights to sue after mistakes), and I am in support of Kerry's claim that he would create impartial review boards to review malpractice lawsuits. I don't particularly believe that Kerry will do that, since he himself has made conflicting statements on it. Typical for a presidential campaign, but I am still against it.

As for the war in Iraq, Kerry did support it. I don't view him as being wishy-washy at all over that, congress was misled just as much as the public was.

I also don't agree with his support for NAFTA. That should become an interesting issue, since Edwards is against it.
    Whether Kerry will act to keep jobs in this country, I don't know.

I feel both candidates, Bush and Kerry, are, quite frankly, liars, and do not have the publics best interest in mind. I am voting for Kerry purely in the hopes that maybe, if we're lucky, he'll end the war in Iraq, and we won't have a draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i HIGHLY doubt there will be a draft. that would practically be suicide. although if Kerry is in it may be required, didnt i read somewhere i was for cutting military pay or benifits? who is going to be willing to do that for less than what they make now? a good friend of mine joined the army and when he joined the airborn from there he said basically he got an extra $150 a month to jump out of planes. that aint very much ppl. and this was only 5 years ago or so. i really dont think we should be cutting these soldiers pay or benifits.

Rattler

PS should a draft happen and i was called up i would go.......my grandfather did in WWII even though he didnt have to after they found out he had 3 kids and a fourth on the way. my uncles did it in Vietnam. in the words of my grandfather when he recieved his call up "If my country needs me I will go"
    cervid serial killer

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast