Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is up with this!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    went up to pa from va this past weekend and went to my favorite cp nursery. well...come to find out that they have tripled the prices on some of the plants. s. leuco for a one gallon 6 yr old plant was seven dollars and fifty cents a year ago. These plants have been in stock for three years. Now they are $19.99! what gives with that? I was a bit more then upset considering they are a half hour north of where my rents live. The other sars were actually decreased in price, but still too high for my taste. why would they do that? a hike in a price like that doesn't make sense. current stock shouldn't be subject to a new stock price increase, right? just weird, kinda got me a bit riled up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it has something to do with their state in the wild.
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that Tilleys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure was tilley's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer! Carnivorekid really likes the place. Mutschlers has some good sized Neps and a few other CP's. Hey, the best place to get CP's is the Trading Post! Incredibly generous, inexpensive, and fantastic variety. I'd say 95% of what I have comes from the folks right here on TF. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Mutcshlers? I was up at tillys and they said that the $7.50 Pitchers were doing a lot better and the larger assortment s were not and that is why they uped the price for the better growing smaller pots and not as well growing larger pots..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is called Mutschlers Exotic Plants and they are located outside of Exeter, on Route 422. Are you from the area?

Edit:http://www.pennsylvaniahorticultural...ndor_list.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must realize that the nursery did all the growing for you for all those years so you are infact buying a more mature plant than you would have had you bought it as a seedling. You can buy a seedling Nepenthes rajah for as little as $30 nowadays if you're a good shopper but I guarentee you nobody in their right mind is selling a 6 year old N. rajah for only $30!
    The same thing applies no matter if the plant is an "easy grower" or a "hard grower". The fact is, the nursery did the work of raising it for you (and paying for it over those years, supplying good water, paying someone to water it and care for it, any artificial lighting it might have received, etc.) They've paid to grow it out. Now you've gotta pay!
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Don't get me wrong - I love a great deal as much as anyone else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast