Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Casper @ July 13 2004,1:36)]I honestly don't see why people are so affraid of seeing two consenting adults have the same benefits of marrige that the rest of the country is entitled to. Its sad that when two men live together in a relationship their entire life and one of them dies, the other isn't entitled to their life insurance.
    The point I was trying to make earlier was exactly that, but why limit it to only married or gay couples. fair is fair the law should apply to a much broader scope of people who live together.

Biggun,
    really, no offence was ment, but to rephrase it a wave like....
    Sorry thats the only analogy that comes to mind.
    Biologicaly based on what evolutionary necessity? It does not promote advancement of the species. And even if homosexuals did decide to reproduce there would not be enough of them to carry on whatever bioimagined characteristic that their suppose to be born with. With Hitler we're dealing with a LARGE gene pool of similar make-up. This simply is not the case for homosexuality, It's not like we're trying to breed a race without noses.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because in the case of full house, the brothers moved in to HELP. they weren't gay and they weren't in love with each other. thats why they shouldn't have the benefits of being married, because they weren't married.

and I wasn't upset about the wave bit, i was upset about the PLAGUE part. homosexuals have always been around and like it was mentioned before, the "wave" effect is because opression caused them to become public/private about it in "waves" or "phases"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok...

First of all...EVERYONE IS ENTITELED TO THEIR OWN OPINION AND EVERY MAN HAS THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE! I am not conflicting any of that! but this is my opinion:
    1) For those of us who are Christians, we believe that the Bible is the true inspired Word of God! That is part of our faith! Its no different than people having faith that the world was created 100 million years ago! That is what they believe! Thus, again, as Christians, we believe the Bible and what it says is true! (thus meaning that we believe Homosexuatlity to be wrong)
    2) I completely agree that God loves every Gay man or woman! Jesus died for them too!! Its no different than you or me doing something wrong! God still loves us! Now God says in His word that Homosexuality is wrong! He is saying that for our safety! He wants us to obey Him so we can be happy and safe! Think of all the risks the homosexual life entails! (not that a life of "sleeping around" is any safer mind you...) But also think of the principalities that this country was founded on! If we begin to ignore those principals, what will we come too?

Again, I am not prejudice against Gay people. It is their choice to be the way they are, just as it is our choice to be who we are. I still love them the same, but my faith wouldn't allow gay marriage, therefore I am against it.

I apologize if I have personally offended anyone...
    Defying Gravity

\"I will exalt thee, O Lord, for you lift me out of the depths!\" (Psalm 30:1)

...Just keep on laughing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'm not Christan, The last time I went to church was like 1 or 2 years ago. Anyway I think Gays should have thier rights, What does It matter to me or you? Let them do what they want, Just be safe. and Uhh please don't take this personnaly peoples, It's just my uneducated opinion [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our country was founded hundres of years ago, their beliefs on this subject dont matter because this is the present and that was the past. the morals and beliefs of thousands of years ago have even less to do with today.

look, IF there is a god, then he doesn't love me at all. acording to the bible i'm an abomination. that doesn't sound very loving to me. if god is real, why would he MAKE someone something that is wrong?

if god's real, to me, he's a dead beat dad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and as far as the risks of homosexual life, well maybe if we were allowed to marry there wouldn't be so much sleeping around, now would there?

other than STD's, the only risks are from people who hate us, beat us, kill us, abuse us, and who won't treat us like real people. wheres your god then? why wont he protect me, his CHILD. even if i believed in him, where is he? can you tell me, a horrid abomination, that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 13 2004,2:36)]because in the case of full house, the brothers moved in to HELP. they weren't gay and they weren't in love with each other. thats why they shouldn't have the benefits of being married, because they weren't married.

and I wasn't upset about the wave bit, i was upset about the PLAGUE part. homosexuals have always been around and like it was mentioned before, the "wave" effect is because opression caused them to become public/private about it in "waves" or "phases"
    I'm about to leave for the day so I'll be quick. I've edited my earlier post I was in a hurry then and, really meant no offence
    But it was caused, none the less, so I detract that statement.

Fullhouse is still an example of adults living together to accomplish a goal taking care of family. If you do for one do for all what does it really matter as long as you receive the same benifits. You'r now passing judgement on them for exactly the same reason as is done to you.

I know God does not hate you, Sin is an abomination not the person, he dosen't create abominations
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]"Marriage" is not the issue; equal rights is.
    Marriage is the WHOLE issue. If it were equal rights I would have never satarted this topic.

Quote[/b] ] I am an American; not a Christian. I care what America does; not what Christians do. What they do and believe behind closed doors is their own business.
    So Christains aren't Americans? Do you seriously think that Christians don't care what America thinks? If we didn't care I would have never started this topic.

Quote[/b] ]So, drop EVERYTHING religious out of your arguement because it is completly irrelivent.
    But it is relivent, because everything found in our original Constitution lines up with the Bible. Why? Because, believe it or not, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and many of our other founding fathers that WROTE our Constitution, were Christains. Of course if you didn't know that it is because the government has CHOSEN to leave that out, because they didn't want people to know that America was founded on Christain beliefs.

I have heard a lot about the Bible only being 2000 years old. That would make it very young "religion". It is documented that the Bible is AT LEAST 3000 years old. That would make it the longest standing religion, and as an added fact standing book. I really believe that if the Bible were a bunch of hogwash, it would have passed out of being LONG ago. It has survived these many years with MANY people trying to show it's wrongness, and time and time again, they in turn we're shown the error of their accusations. But, some of you really don't care just because you don't like Christain's beliefs or their Bible's standards
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast