Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nature_boi @ July 13 2004,4:04)]1) For those of us who are Christians, we believe that the Bible is the true inspired Word of God! That is part of our faith! Its no different than people having faith that the world was created 100 million years ago! That is what they believe! Thus, again, as Christians, we believe the Bible and what it says is true! (thus meaning that we believe Homosexuatlity to be wrong)
    Don't you guys love this! This is a conversation that truely needs beer and pizza! I am happy to see that everyone is (for the most part) keeping this thread conversational and not allowing it to turn into an ugly shouting match.

One caution I must point out. I avoid lumping all Christians in to one group. Christianity covers a very large base of denominations. Several major denominations are debating the very issue of same sex marriage as we speak. Also, for me, being Christian does not mean taking the bible at a literal, word for word translation. I am a strong Christian, I would not be here today were it not for my faith in a higher power. But I also believe that Jesus died to take away my SINS, not my MIND.

Be careful about assuming any statement that lumps any group of individuals into one category, (such as Christianity, or homosexual, or republican, orů) will apply to all.

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]our country was founded hundres of years ago, their beliefs on this subject dont matter because this is the present and that was the pas
    That would mean that the majority of our Constitution is irrelivent, because our founding fathers WROTE the Constitution
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]we dont need to have sex with women just to have a baby, ever heard of adoption or in-vitro fertilization?
    This just proves my point that it's unnatural. In-vitro fertilization is a scientific process and doesn't occur naturally in nature, and so it is unnatural.

Quote[/b] ]our country was founded hundres of years ago, their beliefs on this subject dont matter because this is the present and that was the past. the morals and beliefs of thousands of years ago have even less to do with today.
    Why?? Just because a belief is old doesn't mean it's wrong. Stealing was wrong hundreds of years ago and it's still wrong today.

Quote[/b] ]other than STD's, the only risks are from people who hate us, beat us, kill us, abuse us, and who won't treat us like real people. wheres your god then? why wont he protect me, his CHILD. even if i believed in him, where is he? can you tell me, a horrid abomination, that?
    People are allowed to do horrible things to each other because God allows people to have free will. In order to have free will you have to be allowed to screw up.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you guys need to get your facts striaght. SOme say government needs to stay out of religion. In this case, almost every country in the world has issues, because most have an established religion. Others say that religion needs to stay out of government. In this case we also have a problem, because it would mean that Christians and every other person who believes in another religion would not be aloud to vote because we ARE going to base our votes on our religious beliefs.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (buckeye @ July 13 2004,4:46)]People are allowed to do horrible things to each other because God allows people to have free will. In order to have free will you have to be allowed to screw up.
    [/QUOTE]
    Really? So in Gods eyes, a person is allowed to murder another person for no reason. And if the murderer escapes the police? God doesnt step in to help catch the murderer.
    And god doesnt punish people either. The police, court and prison punish people.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok here is the break down for this WHOLE debate.....we are talking a FEDERAL law........this means religion HAS to stay out of it completly.......your personal beliefs do to religion have ABSOLUTLY no bearing on the issue. you CAN NOT bring religion into the debate do to the fact the men who came up with our constitution which is th LAW OF THE LAND says there MUST be a seperation of church and state. NOONE has brought up an argument supporting the abolishment of gay marrage do to anything other than religous reasons. this is not a religious debate it is a equal rights debate. nothing more, nothing less.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is IMPOSSIBLE, because that would mean a person involved in religion is NOT allowed to vote!
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THat would be almost the entire country that would not be alloud to vote!
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast