What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The federal marriage ammendent

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
who are you to call it sinful behavior?
assuming it is a sin, don't sit there and tell me you have never "sinned"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]your religion is all about peace and love

Whoever told you that is a little behind the times...

Also, of course everybody has sinned. And only those who repent of and quit their sins will be forgiven. One suggestion: read the bible before you start debating against it...

Buckeye,
ok, I change my answer..
if gay marriage is made legal, it will effect me afterall..
because I will still have to hear about the self-rightious biggots who think anything they dont agree with must be a sin and immoral..
nah..on second thought, that wont effect me either, because I simply wont waste time thinking about them..not worth it..
and so I agree, our conversation is over..
not worth it anymore..its obvious you will never feel any compassion for those being opressed and discriminated against by you personally..thats fine, you are entitled to that..so was Hitler I suppose..until he was proved wrong by the world..

(edit..I changed some things before (hopefully) everyone could read it..its about 5 minutes after I made this post..I went too far, even for me..)

oh..and I do accept your answer BTW..its a fine answer!
Gay marriage still wont DO anything to you..other than you being forced to THINK..but I suppose that is an effect..so its a valid answer..
Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rubrarubra @ July 14 2004,9:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]your religion is all about peace and love

Whoever told you that is a little behind the times...

Also, of course everybody has sinned.  And only those who repent of and quit their sins will be forgiven.   One suggestion: read the bible before you start debating against it...
well considering i was once really into your religion, i'd say your "god" told me that since he IS love. guess god is a little behind the time's huh?

One suggestion: know who your talking to and what your talking about before you tell me what to do. i have read the bible, alot, and i have studied it. you don't know what your talking about when you tell me what to do, so keep out of my business.

This is becoming a yelling match... I think if we are going to ammend the Constitution, it should be like all the rest of the ammendments: for the benefit of all Americans. Instead of discrimiating against one group, everyone should be allowed to marry anyone they want. Regardless of race, (religion), sex, etc. Tell that to your congressmen!
Of course, religions will have their own rules.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rubrarubra @ July 14 2004,3:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Also, of course everybody has sinned.  And only those who repent of and quit their sins will be forgiven.

Rubra,
well thats good to know..
hopefully you are young enough that you will have enough time to repent from your sinful and hateful views against your fellow man..
God will give you a second chance if you can someday purge the hatred and biggotry from your mind..
there is still hope for you..

Scot

At least the politicians in this case weren't fools.

I'm glad to see that they realized changing the constitution, the fabric of this country, for something that is not for the good of all americans was wrong. Downright stupid!

This country is founded on equality. Religion unfortunately doesn't promote equality. Since no religion can agree on anything - helll, they can't even agree on who to worship! (is it jesus? GOD? Mary? Buddha? A COW?!) ... why should we allow it to enter into our constitution? !

I don't care if you call it marriage or not. But if not, come up with something that creates equality ... across the board. Who cares if I say I'm married... or in a legal partnership... at least I get the benefits afforded to all other Americans.

hey! check it out..I found some Bible verses that totally support homosexuality!
and since its in the bible, it must be true that God supports gay marriage.

S.Matthew 19.12: for there are eunuchs ( dis-men-ed ), which were born so from their mother's womb...

Matthew 19:12.
For there are eunuchs who are born thus from their mothers womb, and there are eunuchs who are made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who are eunuchs for the kingdom of heavens sake. Let those who can accept it, accept it.

New English Bible conception: For there are some incapable of marriage, because they were born so

John 8.7: So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

John 8.15: Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man

Rom:14.14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is
nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing
to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Mark 12:30-31 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these."

1.Cor.7.17: However may be, each one must order his life according the gift the Lord has granted him and his condition when God called him.

confused.gif

Buckeye,

Let me quote you first so you know what I am responding to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm sure you won't accept this answer just like the countless others, but honestly I don't really care. I'm tired of the sarcastic remarks and the lack of respect you give to people with different beliefs than you. And so with that, the debate between you and me is over.

I hope you don't think that, by my arguements, I do not respect you or your beliefs. Quite the contrary, I respect you a great deal because you stand up for your beliefs. I also respect your religion, as that is one of the great things about these United States. We are allowed to have our own beliefs and we are allowed to practice them, so says our constitution.

Your opinions are your own. I may argue the reasoning, but once again this great country allows us those opinions. I play devils advocate a lot, and I like to use your own reasoning against you (using "you" as a general statement.) You see, I believe in a Yin/Yang type of thing. For every action there is an equal and opossite reaction. So if a reason works for one thing, the complete opposite should be true.

My own remarks may sound sarcastic, but they all strive to prove a valid point.

As far as the current discussion, like I said earlier, its not about gay marriage to me. Its about the violation of the constitution of these great United States of America. If we stand by and allow it to be violated now, how much further do we allow it to go on?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casper @ July 14 2004,4:21)]Buckeye,

Let me quote you first so you know what I am responding to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm sure you won't accept this answer just like the countless others, but honestly I don't really care. I'm tired of the sarcastic remarks and the lack of respect you give to people with different beliefs than you.  And so with that, the debate between you and me is over.

I hope you don't think that, by my arguements, I do not respect you or your beliefs. Quite the contrary, I respect you a great deal because you stand up for your beliefs. I also respect your religion, as that is one of the great things about these United States. We are allowed to have our own beliefs and we are allowed to practice them, so says our constitution.

Your opinions are your own. I may argue the reasoning, but once again this great country allows us those opinions. I play devils advocate a lot, and I like to use your own reasoning against you (using "you" as a general statement.) You see, I believe in a Yin/Yang type of thing. For every action there is an equal and opossite reaction. So if a reason works for one thing, the complete opposite should be true.

My own remarks may sound sarcastic, but they all strive to prove a valid point.

As far as the current discussion, like I said earlier, its not about gay marriage to me. Its about the violation of the constitution of these great United States of America. If we stand by and allow it to be violated now, how much further do we allow it to go on?
Casper,
buckeye was talking directly to me!
that wasnt directed to you at all!
Scot

Lets see, I’ve heard people here who are friends say sarcastic things at each other bad mouth each other about their own opinions, so what are we going to do about all this? It is healthy to debate but we are all going into different places with this and it is starting to become to me HURTFUL. I hope that you each can at the least RESPECT the opinions of others, Give thoughts and respond to each other in a respectful way and not use things to hurt each other.
1 The Bible says it is wrong for the union of gay marriages… But Christians have to remember that they have to do what they say out of love and not push it till they hurt someone. This is Your belief Guys and In this world every one has a say and when your views are not accepted by different groups of people or by laws it doesn’t mean to bang it on some one who is not going to listen. You said your peace. Government is where things change… But love thy neighbor as you would your self you are still Friends and the bible says love everyone. Jesus talked and walked and ate with people that were different and considered (for lack of a better word) sinners. Jesus when he spoke his word and it differed from the preaching of people he said his peace and went on his way but he said that he loved them still and told his disciples to pray for them, but to love them none the less.

2I also think that people who have opinions that differ from Christians or support Christian views but are not Christian views are not tolerant to their beliefs. Being educated to the TIMES we live in doesn’t always mean better! Ones Values, lifestyles and beliefs may differ from some one else’s but that doesn’t give me the right to change them if it doesn’t affect me and my family. If something does affect my family in a personal way than yes I WILL fight that. This general statement and not to be placed at the heart of this discussion. I made a post a while back of how this could affect my family and weather im right or wrong about it is my opinion.
3 Remember one thing ALL things CHANGE in YOUR GOVERNMENT. It is who is voted into office that share your opinions!!!!!!!!

Jim

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!! BIG SMILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Forgive me if I offended anyone

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ July 14 2004,3:29)]well, either way, since neither one of our opinions should effect any laws, we will both get what we want! gay marriage and no gay marriage at the same time!
thanks! thats all so clear now!!
laugh.gif

Scot
OH, I see, so actualy only Scottys opinion matters. Why is their even federal involvement. Each state governs their laws of marriage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ July 15 2004,9:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ July 14 2004,3:29)]well, either way, since neither one of our opinions should effect any laws, we will both get what we want! gay marriage and no gay marriage at the same time!
thanks! thats all so clear now!!
laugh.gif

Scot
OH, I see, so actualy only Scottys opinion matters. Why is their even federal involvement. Each state governs their laws of marriage.
No, everybodys opinion matters. I live in England(The england thats in europe) so I dont know about each state law in america.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ July 15 2004,3:19)]OH, I see, so actualy only Scottys opinion matters. Why is their even federal involvement. Each state governs their laws of marriage.
exactly..why should there be any federal involvement?
I totally agree with you there..
why not just let the states decide?
(if that happened, several states would approve gay marriage..)
so are you saying you WANT the states to decide for themselves, and the fed should stay out of it?!
thats a great plan!
so you are against the constitutaional ammendment defining marriage as one man and one woman?
that obviously would be federal involvement..
so im confused then..
which way do you want it?
states decide or fed decides?
leaving it to the states would result in gay marriage becoming legal in several states..
Scot

LOL THis is good... Say a gay marriage takes place in one State and than it is against the law in another state and than the gay couple walks onto the outlawed state , what do u Do LOLOL are you married there as also. But lets not let our states totaly make all the rules now. What iff one state Takes it to the extream because of let the states deciding. Say they say it is a crimanal Crime and it serves jail time? Just a question??? Not agreeing with it JUST A QUESTION LOLOLOLOL ------> getting his helmut on LOL

Jim

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This just proves my point that it's unnatural. In-vitro fertilization is a scientific process and doesn't occur naturally in nature, and so it is unnatural.

I love this argument. It's so full of wholes I could strain my pasta! How on earth does "unnatural" make anything bad? Vaccines are unnatural (man made), but I don't see anyone complaining about not getting measles or small pox.

Twinkies are (very) unnatural....'Nuff said

THE INTERNET IS UNNATURAL!! So I guess we're ALL sinners for even engaging in this discussion.... Hmmmm

and lets not forget cp's! they are all created in labs, so they must be evil too.

and clothes.

The first one definately answers Scotty's question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back