Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok here we go again. GW is/was insupport of the bill that gets rid of gay marriages because his religion says its wrong. that violates the separation of church and state. not every religion view gays as bad i believe Hinduism is one of them and i wouldnt be surprised if buddism is one to. my personal beliefs which can be thought of as a religion have no problems with it either. i view the whole thing as infringing on my religios beliefs. i see no differance in a union of man and woman and man and man. this whole thing falls under equal rights as far as the United States Constitutuon and Bill Of Rights is conserned. what your religion says has no bearing on the issue. your religion and mine are similar and some respects and the main one is tolerance.

rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nooo. you go to #### as an end result of now accepting christ. it's like a consequence. he doesn't send you anywhere.

if you can not give me one reason why gays can't get married that doesn't involve religion, then there are no good reasons. dontcha just LOVE the seperation between church and state? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

and he is NOT discriminating you by saying your discriminating. he's stating a fact.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whatever happened to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"? if you ask me, by not letting us get married, your violating the constitution.

isn't this the "land of the free"? afterall?

land of the free... indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]whatever happened to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"?
    JLAP your getting back to the heart of the matter.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this thread started with a link -- so let me add another...

http://www.hrc.org

The Human Rights Campaign is the largest GLBT organization in the country - they are actively working to preserve the integrity of the US Constitution - please follow the link and learn more about this issue and the effects it has on ALL PEOPLE not just gay and lesbian americans and how YOU can help with a phone call or email to your congressional representatives.

I've read this entire thread and have found both amusing and disturbing aspects to this debate. Just to continue in the same vein as this thread my position is this is a legal question rooted in the EXISTING constitution and the belief that "equal protection" is actually applied to ALL people - and will ultimately result in a federal court ruling that Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) laws are invalid and eventually unconstitutional -

GWB and his allies cant afford to let that happen hence the need to CHANGE the constitution before a case can work thru the legal system...

I could go thru an explain all the points and various laws currently working thru the system but the bottom line is - the FMA is writing bigotry into the document which defines our country. Is BIGOT a term that you want to define yourself? then dont let the FMA pass - call your congress members.

Michael
    JungleWerks Corporation/**********.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]But it is relivent, because everything found in our original Constitution lines up with the Bible. Why? Because, believe it or not, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and many of our other founding fathers that WROTE our Constitution, were Christains. Of course if you didn't know that it is because the government has CHOSEN to leave that out, because they didn't want people to know that America was founded on Christain beliefs.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Please read the above twice. Once again, any talk of religion on the subject of passing laws is IRRELIVENT because of the above. If you disagree with this, please go back and read the above again its very cut and dry.

Quote[/b] ]I really believe that if the Bible were a bunch of hogwash, it would have passed out of being LONG ago. It has survived these many years with MANY people trying to show it's wrongness, and time and time again, they in turn we're shown the error of their accusations.
    Paganism survivied/has survived much longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, we have established that there is NO good reason to not allow gays to marry that is NOT based on the bible or religion..
    some of the Christians here have even admitted that!
    which I respect..
    So, I have another question for the Christians who are opposed to gay marriage..

If Gay marriage did become legal, granting gays the same rights as everyone else, how would that change your life on a personal level?
    what changes would it make in YOUR individual life?
    How would it personally effect YOUR individual marriage, (if you are married)
    or..how would it effect YOUR individual marriage if you get married sometime in the future?
    basically..how will it hurt you personally?
    please be specific, and make sure it applies to your personal life directly..
    no sweeping generalizations!

oh! and we arent assuming it will lead to other things..
    thats just pure speculation..
    people wont be allowed to marry their dogs,
    or have 20 wives, or anything else..
    just Gays have the right to marry, and thats it..
    nothing else changes..
    what REAL ways would that effect your personal life?
    thanks,
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley Frist of all why are you even making this post? Not everyone here is Christian and believes in god. Dont be so closed mined about gays there people as well and they have the right to be together. You say God doesn't want same-sex-marriage? Well like i said NOT everyone follows the bible. So do me a favor and keep your religion to your self please. In your profile you say your open to meeting new people here it is.... Carnivoruos plants(especially sarracenia
    Plants in general
    Sports(especially tennis
    Computers
    Gods Word
    Meeting new people
    aparently your not too open to meeting new people.
    You cant be friends with someone if you dont agree with their life style.
    Electric Carnivores!
    http://Geocities.com/southerntropicals

http://www.geocities.com/southerntro...rewstsmall.jpg
    Welcome to S O U T H E R N T R O P I C A L S the nepenthes and heliamphora garden.