Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]put your self in my position, ok? if marriage was defined as the union of 2 men or women, and YOU were straight, how would you feel?
    I'd feel the world was about to end.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (JustLikeAPill @ July 13 2004,8:13)
    don't you see? it's beautiful. it's when two men or two women love each other SO much that they promise to take care and stay faithful to each other for the rest of their lives. it's incredible love.

no one has answered this question, either. i'm still waiting. it's open to everyone. why deny us love?
    Sounds like good friends or brotherly love.

Peter

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats exactly what he's doing now! he's christian and is trying to pass laws based on christian belief!!

i wouldn't mind at all if is was islamic, but i would have problems with him basing laws on ANY religion.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is a bunch or crap rubrarubra. you and i BOTH know that i meant in an intimate way, the way a man and a woman love each other.. stop trying to get around the subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found a good article!
    does a good job of refuting any lame arguement..

http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]i wouldn't mind at all if is was islamic, but i would have problems with him basing laws on ANY religion.
    So what's so much better about atheism or humanism than Christianity?

Quote[/b] ]that is a bunch or crap rubrarubra. you and i BOTH know that i meant in an intimate way, the way a man and a woman love each other.. stop trying to get around the subject.
    First off, thanks for respecting my argument (not) lol. Anyway, isn't that like good friends except sensuality added in?

Quote[/b] ]found a good article!
    does a good job of refuting any lame arguement..
    The article does a decent job of refuting all lame arguments, but not the realistic ones. BTW, I could also post a bunch of articles going the other way....

Now, we can discuss this till the cows come home, but one thing I know, is that in every great civilization that has eventually fallen did shortly after society fell to all sorts of sextual immorality.

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a wild ride of debates and truths, twisted facts , and even so hurtful statements on both sides.We all have the rights to many things in this society, are we all to have what we want? yes and no is the answer. Who is WE? We is our goverment, yes or no? If you answer Yes than that is where change comes from.
    I have an Uncle who is Gay and his life long partner died and he helped him till the day he died. Do I love my uncle Dam right I do! He is the best!!!!! His partner was my friend and they did not complain about thiere rights they carried on as a family for themselves. Does God Love them Yes he did! And still does.. As for the group that is gay, It is my opinion That you need to change the laws and to do that you need to change the way goverment thinks. One thing also on top of change is that people and ideas of others need to change. Change affects things in long term ways also.! People wether Gay or not are affected. Some may want to promote teaching of alternate life styles in schools and some may want to preach in church were alternative lifestyles is felt to be worng. These things become forced on others.
    I have nothing against Gay people, They are Human's and are people with feeling and need to be loved wether right or worng in the eyes of others!Gay people have rights also, wether people believe they are worng,they still are humans and are to be treated as such.! I do not see hate in this LONG board of talking! I see people giving thier opinions and being very expresive.
    I belive in The bible and As a christian I have to remember that this world is a beautiful place and i can offeer love and care and understanding to others and still have my oun beliefes in god. I May not agree with Gays being married but i can still love them as people.
    Some one said here how would it affect me to see these marrages allowed. Probly not to much at all. Would it affect me if my children are to be tought about it in school? I might have a problem with that. How gay marrages would affect our sociaty , we don't know till it happens. A Christian has the same rights to speak thier minds as do Gay people and vise versa..

This will end up being a large debate that might not end for a long long time But we have to remember that here we are all friends that adore cool plants and this board brought all of us together and we are all friends who share the same intristes.

There is something that i totaly disagree with-----

Meeting new people
    aparently your not too open to meeting new people.
    You cant be friends with someone if you dont agree with their life style.

Electric Carnivores! [QUOTE]

Why Can't I be Friends with some like JustLikeAPill even if may not agree with thier lifestyle [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Also I hope i did not Offend anyone here It was not my intension

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me say one more thing.. Not all people that support gay marrages are gay and forgive me for my bad typing.. and remember we all need to live on this small planet together.................
    Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]no one has answered this question, either. i'm still waiting. it's open to everyone. why deny us love?
    Yes many of us have answered this countless times but you won't accept our answers.

Quote[/b] ]How would you feel if the Prez of the USA was Islamic and started trying to pass laws based on his Islamic beliefs?
    Well, Bush isn't Islamic so really this is a pointless question.

Quote[/b] ]You cant be friends with someone if you dont agree with their life style.
    This is completely untrue. You can be friends with someone even though you hate their lifestyle.

Quote[/b] ]as far as i care, anyone who opposes this cause is ignorant.
    As far as i care, anyone who supports this cause is misguided.

Quote[/b] ]whatever happened to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"? if you ask me, by not letting us get married, your violating the constitution.
    I think the constitution has been interpreted and reinterpreted way more than was ever intended. Not every issue in the US relates to the constitution. One of the main issue that comes to mind is abortion. Where in the constitution does it say you have the right to have an abortion? If your pursuit of happiness is having your own children killed then i guess you're covered. But anyhow the main problem is our judges. They're so out of the balance of power it's not even funny. The Sup. court can call anything they want unconstitutional, even if it's not in the constitution, without a check on them. If congress does something the Pres. doesn't like he can veto it, it's his check on them. Congress has check on the Pres. too, they can over ride the veto with 2/3s majority. But the judicial system has really no check. The only way to get rid of them is to impeach them.

-buckeye

American Family Assoc.