Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i wouldn't mind at all if is was islamic
    i know that one of my common roles here is as someone who corrects other poeple a lot, but i cant stand not getting the facts straight.

If you were islamic most likely you would mind. As much as some Christians have issues with gays, islam is much worse. In islam homosexuality is something to be feard. Anyone who is are shunned and become outcasts. The soilders at abu grahib knew that and thats why they made the prisoners lie in suggestive dogpiles.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let gay people suffer like all the straight people have for so long --- Marriage.

Why anyone would want to be MARRIED is beyond me ... so let us all suffer equally [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is funny

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE THE ARGUMENT CAN COME FROM. IF YOU DON'T LIKE GAYS, FINE DON'T LIKE THEM. IF YOU DON'T FEEL THEY DESERVE MARRIAGE OR LEGAL RIGHTS AS COUPLE, FINE FEEL THAT WAY.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT OR PLACE TO MODERATE THE MORAL OR RELIGIOUS DECLINE THAT YOU FEEL OR THEY FEEL A PERSON SUBJECTS THEMSELVES TO BASED UPON ANY RELIGION OR BELEIF. A LAW IS FACT A BELEIF IS JUST OPINION. IF GOD WILL PUNISH FOR BEING GAY WHAT HAVE YOU TO BE WORRIED ABOUT IF YOU'RE NOT GAY? IF GAY MARRIAGE IS IMORRAL AND YOU'RE NOT GAY WHAY HAVE YOU TO BE WORRIED ABOUT? IF YOU BELEIVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE WILL HAPPEN FROM ALLOWING GAYS TO MARRY, THEN DON'T TALK TO THEM, I'M SURE THEY'D RATHER NOT TALK TO YOU EITHER.

YOU MAY VOTE BASED ON YOUR RELIGIOUS BELEIFS, BUT THE GOVERNMENT MAY NOT PASS LAWS WHICH ARE RELIGIOUS IN NATURE. NOBODY WANTS TO BE REPRESENTED WITH OUT BEING CONSULTED FIRST ABOUT THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY, I'M SURE GOD IS NO EXCEPTION. NEITHER DOES HE NEED LAWYERS TO READ HIS LAWS AND DICTATE TO OTHERS THE MEANINGS OF THEM. HE DOES NOT STOP EVENTS ON EARTH BECAUSE WE HAVE FREE WILL, WHO ARE YOU TO DISOBEY THE NAME WHICH YOU USE TO DIGNIFY YOUR QUESTS?

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too right, Phil [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Because, believe it or not, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and many of our other founding fathers that WROTE our Constitution, were Christains.
    Wesley's Post

Thomas Jefferson was an Atheist who was VEHEMENTLY opposed to putting "In God We Trust" on the US currency. He was a Founding Father, but he was no christian. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still waiting..
    are you avoiding this question on purpose??
    (question for the Christians who oppose gay marriage)

If Gay marriage did become legal, granting gays the same rights as everyone else, how would that change your life on a personal level?
    what changes would it make in YOUR individual life?
    How would it personally effect YOUR individual marriage, (if you are married)
    or..how would it effect YOUR individual marriage if you get married sometime in the future?
    basically..how will it hurt you personally?
    please be specific, and make sure it applies to your personal life directly..
    no sweeping generalizations!

oh! and we arent assuming it will lead to other things..
    thats just pure speculation..
    people wont be allowed to marry their dogs,
    or have 20 wives, or anything else..
    just Gays have the right to marry, and thats it..
    nothing else changes..
    what REAL ways would that effect your personal life?
    thanks,
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]i know that one of my common roles here is as someone who corrects other poeple a lot, but i cant stand not getting the facts straight.
    If you were islamic most likely you would mind.
    My facts where very straight, perhaps I didn't explain the question well enough. It was a broad question, not one specific to this exact discussion.

Let me break it down a step further. If we had an Islamic Prez and he proposed a law stating that women must cover their faces in public because that is HIS religous beliefs, would you be ok with that?

How about a pagan who tried to pass a law saying the Catholic church can no longer use the symbols that where "borrowed" from pagan religions?

How about an Athiest that tried to pass a law that makes all religous orgs pay taxes like the rest of us?

Where exactly do you draw the line?

Some of you people need to wake up. This is our constitution that is being VIOLATED. If we allow this now, whats next? Heck, this is the first amendment, the same one with freedom of speach and press and the right to peacfully assemble. Which one of those freedoms goes next?