Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is so hot on what God wants. If that were truly the case, then this issue wouldn't be a drop in the bucket. We as Christians have only 2 commandments from J.C.-- to love the lord thy God with all your heart and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself. Follow those 2 commands, and who cares about this issue. God will handle it, and he doesn't need anyone's help. Not mine, or Wesley's. And yes, the very fact that they wish to suppress a certain group, flies in the face of the Constitution. Our government is full of hypocrisy, God is not.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]But for some reason I feel compelled to express my opinion. And please that is all that I am expressing is an opinion so I dont need any hate mail.
    Wolf9striker, don't ever be afraid to share your opinion! Also I don't think anyone here at terraforums ever sends fellow members hate mail. We're all friends here who respect each others opinions, even if we have very different views. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have neaver heard of a instance in wich anyone has received hate mail here.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]We as Christians have only 2 commandments from J.C.-- to love the lord thy God with all your heart and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself. Follow those 2 commands, and who cares about this issue. God will handle it, and he doesn't need anyone's help. Not mine, or Wesley's.
    How can we love God with all our heart and soul, and live immoral lifestyles? How can we love our neighbors as ourselves, and not care if they live sinful lives and burn? God will handle it; he doesnt need anyones help, but he will use us all the same. Wether he uses us to build up or to destroy depends on wether we live for him or not.

As for how allowing gay "marriage" affects me, it affects everybody in society. If gays are treated as married couples, society will see that as an option equal to marriage, and thus will it be taught in public shools. Secondly, this could easily be followed by things like public nudity, incest, etc.. Thirdly, as I said earlier,
    All great civilizations that ever eventually fell, did so shortly after society started accepting all kinds of sexual immorality

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here goes,
    GET YOUR STATE OUT OF MY RELIGION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Marriage is an establishment of Jewish decent began in Biblical times. Ordained BY the BIBLE, and is defined as a HOLY union between a Man, and a woman. The problem you donít seem to see is youíre on our religious toes. The term marriage is ours, but for your convinces you donít seem to acknowledge that. If homosexuals want to enter into a union FINE just donít call it marriage. How can we not use religion in a topic when marriage is OURS (the Christians). There within is the problem.

Now without using religion as a basis. NOBODY HAS YET TO EXPLAINE TO ME WHY WEíRE DISCRIMINATING IN FAVOR OF GAYS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WANT A UNION WITH BENEFITS. NOBODY HAS YET TO BRING UP A GOOD REASON WHY BROTHERS AND SISTERS LIVING TOGETHER TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER, OR WIDOWS DOING THE SAME SHOULD NOT HAVE THE SAME BENEFITS AS A GAY COUPLE IN A UNION. WHY IF THE WIFE DIES AND A BROTHER MOVES IN, TO HELP HIS BROTHER MAKE ENDS MEET, OR THROUGH ANY GIVEN SCENARIO THEY CANíT RECEIVE THE SAME BENEFITS. IF THATíS ALL ITíS ABOUT Ė THE BENEFITS THAN WHO CARES.

BUT WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO REDEFINE A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION YOUíRE PUTTING YOUíRE STATE UP MY BACKSIDE. STOP IT. IT IS A UNION-NO LESS LOVING IíM SURE, BUT DONíT USE MY RELIGIOUS TERMS TO DEFINE IT. YOU SEE MY RELIGION IS ALL FINE, AND GOOD, AND RELEVANT WHEN YOU STOOD AT THE ALTER WITH YOUíRE LOVED ONE.
    HOW CAN YOU PICK AND CHOSE? HYPROCRACY AT ITíS BEST. SURE YOU WENT TO THE ďJPĒ OR WHATEVER, BUT YOU STILL PARTOOK IN ONE OF MY RELIGIOUS CERAMONIES, AND ON TOP OF THAT UNLESS SOMEBODY WAS TOTINí A SHOOTGUN YOU WERE GLAD TO DO IT. HYPOCRITE !
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GET YOUR RELIGION OUT OF MY STATE...

as for your question about brother & sisters requiring familial recognition by state agencies for support - most already do -- and those that have partner registries (like San Fran, and other cities - allow 2 unmarried persons, straight or gay, to register for the limited set of additional rights the registry affords...)

Labeling things seem to help people accept or reject concept - marriage is a LABEL for a religious institution - and its been extended to a CIVIL contract between 2 people and unfortunately the GOV'T ... the govt recognizes the civil contract and doesnt really care which church you had your wedding or whether the pope, allah, or the rev jerry falwell approved or officiated at it. The fact remains that gay and lesbian people are denied basic rights in this country that straight people take for granted... lets use and example of SEPARATE BUT EQUAL.

you get married and your wife is added to your company health insurance --
    1. does anyone in HR question you? No...
    2. do you pay any more than the single + 1 premium.. NO
    3. do you pay federal income tax for the VALUE of the insurance your company pays for your wife's coverage? NO

Gay man signs up for insurance
    1. Does the company offer insurance to the partner? MAYBE
    2. If yes do you have the necessary LEGAL documents drafted to prove the partnership (i.e. have you paid a lawyer to write it up?) MAYBE if you can afford it... And most of the straight couples can sympathize that the early years of your marriage were financially trying when starting out as a young couple
    3. Your Dearest Uncle .. the one named SAM --- wants you to pay the tax on the insurance of your spouse as if it were W2 income... increasing the tax burden on the couple - does that sound like a BENEFIT

so does a companies "Domestic Partner Benefits" sound sufficiently EQUAL while providing enough SEPARATEness?

This is one example -- one RIGHT -- denied gays and lesbian - there are HUNDREDS more... that the CIVIL contract of "marriage" grants by default...

SO take your religious cermony - its doesnt do it for most GLBT Americans they want the rights , the responsibilites, and the respect afforded everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ZAK @ July 14 2004,11:01)]Here goes,
    GET YOUR STATE OUT OF MY RELIGION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Marriage is an establishment of Jewish decent began in Biblical times. Ordained BY the BIBLE, and is defined as a HOLY union between a Man, and a woman. The problem you donít seem to see is youíre on our religious toes. The term marriage is ours, but for your convinces you donít seem to acknowledge that. If homosexuals want to enter into a union FINE just donít call it marriage. How can we not use religion in a topic when marriage is OURS (the Christians). There within is the problem.

Now without using religion as a basis. NOBODY HAS YET TO EXPLAINE TO ME WHY WEíRE DISCRIMINATING IN FAVOR OF GAYS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WANT A UNION WITH BENEFITS. NOBODY HAS YET TO BRING UP A GOOD REASON WHY BROTHERS AND SISTERS LIVING TOGETHER TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER, OR WIDOWS DOING THE SAME SHOULD NOT HAVE THE SAME BENEFITS AS A GAY COUPLE IN A UNION. WHY IF THE WIFE DIES AND A BROTHER MOVES IN, TO HELP HIS BROTHER MAKE ENDS MEET, OR THROUGH ANY GIVEN SCENARIO THEY CANíT RECEIVE THE SAME BENEFITS. IF THATíS ALL ITíS ABOUT Ė THE BENEFITS THAN WHO CARES.

BUT WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO REDEFINE A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION YOUíRE PUTTING YOUíRE STATE UP MY BACKSIDE. STOP IT. IT IS A UNION-NO LESS LOVING IíM SURE, BUT DONíT USE MY RELIGIOUS TERMS TO DEFINE IT. YOU SEE MY RELIGION IS ALL FINE, AND GOOD, AND RELEVANT WHEN YOU STOOD AT THE ALTER WITH YOUíRE LOVED ONE.
    HOW CAN YOU PICK AND CHOSE? HYPROCRACY AT ITíS BEST. SURE YOU WENT TO THE ďJPĒ OR WHATEVER, BUT YOU STILL PARTOOK IN ONE OF MY RELIGIOUS CERAMONIES, AND ON TOP OF THAT UNLESS SOMEBODY WAS TOTINí A SHOOTGUN YOU WERE GLAD TO DO IT. HYPOCRITE !
    This is going to be fun.

First of all, my Gov't borrowed the TERM of marriage. If I get married in front of a JP it is in no way a religious cerimony, entity, sacrament or whatever else you want to call it. It is a legal action.

So, you have a problem with us borrowing the term?

I don't know your religion, but let me use the Catholics as an example here.
    Lets start with the Mother Mary. Every statue or portrait of the Mother Mary I have ever seen matches the pagan Masonics (which where around BEFORE Christ) statues of Isis. Coincidence maybe..

The Monstrance that priests put the Holy Eucharist in was originaly called an Osiris, used by the Egyptians LONG before Jesus.

IHS is seen in the church and on priests atire as well.
    IHS is the egyptian symbol that stood for Isis, Horus and Seb.

Lets look at communion itself.
    In ancient Babylon they worshiped the sun god "Baal". This religion then moved into Egypt using different names. On the altars of Egypt where sun shaped wafer made of unleavened bread (ringing any bells?) These wafers were consecrated by the Egyptian priests and supposedly they magically became the flesh of the sun god Osiris. This is called transubstantiaton. Then thy ate their god..

Heck, the term priest was taken from the Jewish religion.

ALL religions beg and borrow, so don't you dare criticise the gov't from borrowing a simple TERM. MARRIAGE IN THE EYES OF THE STATE DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME THING AS MARRIAGE IN THE EYES OF THE CHURCH.

Quote[/b] ]How can we not use religion in a topic when marriage is OURS (the Christians).
    Do a little research and you will see that there isn't much that the christians use in their cerimonies that is really "theirs" its all borrowed.

Quote[/b] ]BUT YOU STILL PARTOOK IN ONE OF MY RELIGIOUS CERAMONIES, AND ON TOP OF THAT UNLESS SOMEBODY WAS TOTINí A SHOOTGUN YOU WERE GLAD TO DO IT. HYPOCRITE !
    Any pagan can say the same exact thing to you everytime you take communion (if that is part of your religion, making an assumption) HYPOCRIT!

Thank you, please come again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (rubrarubra @ July 14 2004,4:52)]
    Quote[/b] ]We as Christians have only 2 commandments from J.C.-- to love the lord thy God with all your heart and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself. Follow those 2 commands, and who cares about this issue. God will handle it, and he doesn't need anyone's help. Not mine, or Wesley's.
    How can we love God with all our heart and soul, and live immoral lifestyles? How can we love our neighbors as ourselves, and not care if they live sinful lives and burn? God will handle it; he doesnt need anyones help, but he will use us all the same. Wether he uses us to build up or to destroy depends on wether we live for him or not.

As for how allowing gay "marriage" affects me, it affects everybody in society. If gays are treated as married couples, society will see that as an option equal to marriage, and thus will it be taught in public shools. Secondly, this could easily be followed by things like public nudity, incest, etc.. Thirdly, as I said earlier,
    All great civilizations that ever eventually fell, did so shortly after society started accepting all kinds of sexual immorality

Peter
    Quote[/b] ]As for how allowing gay "marriage" affects me, it affects everybody in society.
    No, it doesnt. it wont effect me in the slightest!
    not an acceptable answer to my question, because your answer does not effect YOUR life directly, please try again.

Quote[/b] ]If gays are treated as married couples, society will see that as an option equal to marriage, and thus will it be taught in public shools.
    No, it wont..you just made that up.
    please stick to reality.
    and what will be taught in public schools?
    thats gays have the right to marry?
    so what if that is taught in schools?
    not an acceptable answer to my question, because your answer does not effect YOUR life directly, please try again.

Quote[/b] ]Secondly, this could easily be followed by things like public nudity, incest, etc.
    no, it wont.
    Gay marriage is already legal in other countries, and none of those things have happened there.
    that is an imaginary fear, not based on any reality whatsoever.
    you made it up based on nothing real.

Quote[/b] ]Thirdly, as I said earlier,
    no, they havent, that is also a made up fear, not based on reality..

so! you did not answer my question at all..
    how will Gay marriage effect YOU YOU YOU YOU personally??
    in YOUR daily life?
    please try again..
    Scot