User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 145 to 152 of 245

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

  1. #145
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rubra rubra- you say that gay marriage will lead to other things like public nudity and incest, you havn't the slightest clue what your talking about. if gay marriage leads to public nudity and incest, so would straight marriage.


    that's completely ignorant, and if they do start teaching kids in schools that being gay is ok and you can get married (which they won't) , so what? your discriminating against gays and thus your no better than a racist.

  2. #146
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as how gay marriage will affect MY life personally, it would make me be treated like an equal in society. it will make me happy because i'd be able to spend the rest of my life with my lover.

    as someone said that gay lovers sound like "sensual good friends" , would you have sex with your FRIEND? when you have sex with someone they become more than a friend, sorry.

  3. #147
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gay marriage SHOULD be allowed because:

    1. it will make the stock market to rise to unprecidented levels and result in great wealth for all americians.

    2. All great civilizations throughout history got free cookies and milk after allowing gay marriage.

    3. Jesus will return, declare America the only world power, and George W. Bush will be declared Emperor of all the earth...
    by Jesus personally.

    4. there will be no more wars. ever.

    5. All birds are gay, they never have hetereosexual sex, and they have survived for millions of years.

    6. the upper atmosphere is comprised mostly of really cold air,
    and this early christian guy, "Bob the really smart and rightious", proved 2,000 years ago that if the upper atmosphere should ever grow warm, then gay marriage should not be allowed..well, the upper atmosphere remains cold! therefore thats a sign that God approves of Gay marriage..

    (I just wanted to see what it felt like to make up stupid pointless arguements to support my opinion, and then believe they are true..why should the christians have all the fun?
    im very curious what its like to take utterly fictional, made-up fears and then believe them to be totally and completely true..
    I tried! but hard as I try, I just cant believe those things I just wrote are really, factually true..how do they do it?? hmmm..amazing..)


    Scot

  4. #148
    Capslock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to tell ZAK that gay marriage isn't mandatory.

    And where did the notion come from that marriage belongs to his religion?

    Incredible.

    Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

    My photos are copyright-free and public domain

  5. #149

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get two 15 minute breaks at work, and I have only now got to page 14, lol. Maybe I can rspond to something if I ever get to the end.


    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

  6. #150

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Texas City,TX
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Casper @ July 14 2004,10:57)]So, you have a problem with us borrowing the term?

    I don't know your religion, but let me use the Catholics as an example here.
    Lets start with the Mother Mary. Every statue or portrait of the Mother Mary I have ever seen matches the pagan Masonics (which where around BEFORE Christ) statues of Isis. Coincidence maybe..

    The Monstrance that priests put the Holy Eucharist in was originaly called an Osiris, used by the Egyptians LONG before Jesus.

    IHS is seen in the church and on priests atire as well.
    IHS is the egyptian symbol that stood for Isis, Horus and Seb.

    Lets look at communion itself.
    In ancient Babylon they worshiped the sun god "Baal". This religion then moved into Egypt using different names. On the altars of Egypt where sun shaped wafer made of unleavened bread (ringing any bells?) These wafers were consecrated by the Egyptian priests and supposedly they magically became the flesh of the sun god Osiris. This is called transubstantiaton. Then thy ate their god..

    Heck, the term priest was taken from the Jewish religion.

    ALL religions beg and borrow, so don't you dare criticise the gov't from borrowing a simple TERM. MARRIAGE IN THE EYES OF THE STATE DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME THING AS MARRIAGE IN THE EYES OF THE CHURCH.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]How can we not use religion in a topic when marriage is OURS (the Christians).
    Do a little research and you will see that there isn't much that the christians use in their cerimonies that is really "theirs" its all borrowed.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]BUT YOU STILL PARTOOK IN ONE OF MY RELIGIOUS CERAMONIES, AND ON TOP OF THAT UNLESS SOMEBODY WAS TOTIN’ A SHOOTGUN YOU WERE GLAD TO DO IT. HYPOCRITE !
    Any pagan can say the same exact thing to you everytime you take communion (if that is part of your religion, making an assumption) HYPOCRIT!

    Thank you, please come again.
    Well I didn't think you'd haul off and make my point for me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    ,But I appreciate it.

    AS far a Catholism (sp?) is concerned of course it's well documented that it was influenced by the pagan Roman empire. I don't consider catholics to be protestants. I'm well aware of the unintended idol worship pagan influence that has invaded that sect.

    None the less you're still referring to religions borrowing from one another. Why would you care it's apples to apples.
    You seem to have the problem with religion in govmt., and while I don't always agree I can see some of you're points. But, by you're own stantard govmt. should not borrow from religion thats the apples to oranges. If it's true seaperation you want than completely purge the system of ANY religious presence. The problem I have is when people use religion because of it's convience, and then turn around and denounce practices of their choosing because it dosn't suite their mood at the moment.

    On a side note the only differance between Judeism , and Christianity is salvation Vs. Atonement. We believe in that the Messiah has already established His kingdom, and the Jews are still waiting for him. Which seems funny because their own book said they'd reject Him when he came. To my mind Christianity is the story of the Jews PART 2, but we both have the same beginning so I'm quite aware of where the title of preist came from.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

    http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

  7. #151
    Capslock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Marriage" in the sense of the word used in the current controversy, is strictly a legal contract. The religious notion of "marriage" is whatever each religion decides. In this sense, gays have been married for decades already. No religion is allowed to own the concept or define it's prerequisites.

    All we're talking about is the secular legal and financial contract of marriage, which has NO religious component. I've been to several marriages where the word "God" was never used, and they are legal, binding marriages.

    Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

    My photos are copyright-free and public domain

  8. #152

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Texas City,TX
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ July 14 2004,11:01)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Secondly, this could easily be followed by things like public nudity, incest, etc.
    no, it wont.
    Gay marriage is already legal in other countries, and none of those things have happened there.
    that is an imaginary fear, not based on any reality whatsoever.
    you made it up based on nothing real.
    not an acceptable answer to my question, because your answer does not effect YOUR life directly, please try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Thirdly, as I said earlier,
    All great civilizations that ever eventually fell, did so shortly after society started accepting all kinds of sexual immorality
    no, they havent, that is also a made up fear, not based on reality..
    not an acceptable answer to my question, because your answer does not effect YOUR life directly, please try again.

    so! you did not answer my question at all..
    how will Gay marriage effect YOU YOU YOU YOU personally??
    in YOUR daily life?
    please try again..
    Scot
    On the second point ah, yeah there no public nudity in Europe or anything. yeah theres no rampant spread of disease in Asia, or Africa where these lifestyles are tolerated. Maybe instead of wholesale rejection of a fact you sholud do a little research first on the claims. Just because it's not true in YOU'RE MIND dosen't mean it's not based in reality.

    On the third point.

    AH-heMMMMMMMM.
    (1)Medo- Presian Empire
    (2) Babylonian Empire
    (3) Roman Empire
    (4)England's invasion of Scottland

    On a wonderful side note Scandinavian countries which are probably on the forefront of Gay rights are also debating the merits of TRANSGENERATIONAL relationships. Do you know what we call an adult in that kind of relationship here in the USA a PEDOPHYLE.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

    http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •