Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homosexuality is tolerated in Africa I think you need to check your facts, ZAK. Homosexuality is strictly prohibited over there. Contrast that with Europe, where it is tolerated, and AIDS levels are much, much, much lower. And I'm not aware of nudity in Europe being even a distraction, much less a danger.

Again, gay families and people are neither created nor destroyed by gay marriage. The ONLY question is whether or not they get the legal and financial benefits that other families get.

Unless, that is, there's another ammendment planned after this one that goes further...

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zak:

For the sake of saving at least a tiny bit of server space I am not going to quote you are go into a long spill.

But... Your entire arguement is based around the fact that we use a WORD not a meaning that is religous? No offense but that is pretty darn weak. Our entire language is borrowed, that doesn't mean the our laws affecting liberty should be influenced by the French simply because we borrowed the word from them. (Not sure about the accuracy just trying to make a point.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]On the second point ah, yeah there no public nudity in Europe or anything. yeah theres no rampant spread of disease in Asia, or Africa where these lifestyles are tolerated. Maybe instead of wholesale rejection of a fact you sholud do a little research first on the claims. Just because it's not true in YOU'RE MIND dosen't mean it's not based in reality.

On the third point.

AH-heMMMMMMMM.
    (1)Medo- Presian Empire
    (2) Babylonian Empire
    (3) Roman Empire
    (4)England's invasion of Scottland

On a wonderful side note Scandinavian countries which are probably on the forefront of Gay rights are also debating the merits of TRANSGENERATIONAL relationships. Do you know what we call an adult in that kind of relationship here in the USA a PEDOPHYLE.
    This I will quote.

So, using YOUR EXACT ARGUEMENT it would benifit this country to ban religion as a whole. Why, you ask? Well, we have people in the world that are using religion as an excuse to kill and commit terrorist activities. Therefore, it MUST be bad and therefore it should be banned. Heck, we need an amendment to the constitution banning religion right now! Put it right under the gay marriage one.

Your arguement= Homosexuality can lead to worse things such as pedophyle, public nudity and the fall of empires.

My arguement= Religion can lead to worse things such as murder, terrorism and idiots flying planes into buildings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britney Spears can legally marry a guy for 55 hours but gay couples can't get married... ever? I was wondering if people read my "common'law" marriage post. Haven't read any comments on that yet.
    No one has answered my question!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] Everyone else is saying that!
    small minds discuss people;
    average minds discuss events;
    great minds discuss ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sundewguy......we have those laws here in Montana. not sure where gays would fall into on this subject as it varies from state to state. i read it over once about a year ago because i wanted to check on some things being that my fiancee and i have been together long enough to qualify and we dont want to be legally married YET so i had to make sure we havent officially been married the common law way. it may be an issue worth looking into in your individual state.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Homosexuality can lead to worse things such as pedophyle, public nudity and the fall of empires."

that's the bigest pile of crap i've ever heard. your ideas desgust me. i'm utterly revolted by this. you dont know what your talking about and your talking out of your butt. this is a poor choice of words, but i can't truely speak my mind in a public forum.

FYI, most pedophyles are straight. FYI, if public nudity is such a big deal with you, then advert your eyes my friend. your god made the naked body, and your ashamed? and FYI the fall of empires had nothing, NOTHING to do with homosexuals.

human words can not express this level of ignorance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well unfortunately it looks like the homosexual marriage amendment has been rejected in the senate. It failed 50-48. It had to get 60 votes to bring debate to a close so then it could have an actual vote in which they'd have to get 66 votes for it to be approved by the Senate. Oh and guess who the two were that didn't vote on it? Kerry and Edwards!!!! Good to see they're still not doing the job they were elected to do! I think it's great!! Every vote they miss gives the Republicans a 51 to 47 advantage on the Democrats (& 1 Independent who votes with the Dems.)!!

Quote[/b] ]If Gay marriage did become legal, granting gays the same rights as everyone else, how would that change your life on a personal level?
    what changes would it make in YOUR individual life?
    How would it personally effect YOUR individual marriage, (if you are married)
    or..how would it effect YOUR individual marriage if you get married sometime in the future?
    basically..how will it hurt you personally?
    please be specific, and make sure it applies to your personal life directly..
    no sweeping generalizations!
    Why do people who oppose homosexual marriage have to answer this question?? Just because it may not affect me personally can't I still have an opinion on it. I believe wealthier people should get tax cuts like the rest of us do but I'm not even close to being wealthy and so it wouldn't affect me directly. So then am i not allowed to have an opinion on that either?? What about the war in Iraq. Unless a person is over in Iraq or they have a spouse, family member or friend there then the war doesn't affect them directly now does it? Are they allowed to have an opinion on the war?? We each have so many opinions on matters that don't really affect us directly. But should we be allowed to have these opinions?? I think we should. Don't you see how lame your question really is??

-buckeye

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote[/b] (Casper @ July 14 2004,2:36)]Your arguement= Homosexuality can lead to worse things such as pedophyle, public nudity and the fall of empires.

My arguement= Religion can lead to worse things such as murder, terrorism and idiots flying planes into buildings.
    What the ####?! Why can homesexuality lead to these things?!
    Why is being gay so bad?! I have not seen anything more stupid in my life, They are people just like us for God sake!

True, religion does lead to those things. You see, most terroris groups are religious, the palastinians are saying:
    "We shall not rest untill every isrealy is dead."
    Why do they say that? Because iths their religion to
    kill every isrealy!
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura