User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 168 of 245

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

  1. #161

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Texas City, TX
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler... I know gays don't fall into it. My point is that many straight couples can get married benefits without actually being maried. Gay couples can't even get married. It's a travesty.
    small minds discuss people;
    average minds discuss events;
    great minds discuss ideas.

  2. #162
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (buckeye @ July 14 2004,9:14)]Well unfortunately it looks like the homosexual marriage amendment has been rejected in the senate. It failed 50-48. It had to get 60 votes to bring debate to a close so then it could have an actual vote in which they'd have to get 66 votes for it to be approved by the Senate. Oh and guess who the two were that didn't vote on it? Kerry and Edwards!!!! Good to see they're still not doing the job they were elected to do! I think it's great!! Every vote they miss gives the Republicans a 51 to 47 advantage on the Democrats (& 1 Independent who votes with the Dems.)!!


    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If Gay marriage did become legal, granting gays the same rights as everyone else, how would that change your life on a personal level?
    what changes would it make in YOUR individual life?
    How would it personally effect YOUR individual marriage, (if you are married)
    or..how would it effect YOUR individual marriage if you get married sometime in the future?
    basically..how will it hurt you personally?
    please be specific, and make sure it applies to your personal life directly..
    no sweeping generalizations!
    Why do people who oppose homosexual marriage have to answer this question?? Just because it may not affect me personally can't I still have an opinion on it. I believe wealthier people should get tax cuts like the rest of us do but I'm not even close to being wealthy and so it wouldn't affect me directly. So then am i not allowed to have an opinion on that either?? What about the war in Iraq. Unless a person is over in Iraq or they have a spouse, family member or friend there then the war doesn't affect them directly now does it? Are they allowed to have an opinion on the war?? We each have so many opinions on matters that don't really affect us directly. But should we be allowed to have these opinions?? I think we should. Don't you see how lame your question really is??


    -buckeye
    I see how lame your refusal to answer it is..
    the truth is it will do NOTHING to effect you..
    and you know it, but you cant admit that..
    because admitting that would be admitting you have no case.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]But should we be allowed to have these opinions??
    No one is saying you cant have your OPINION on any of these matters!
    have any opinion you like!
    War, sex, marriage, smoking, whatever..pick any opinion you want and hold onto it!
    thats perfectly fine..
    and thats not the point at all..
    the point is, why should YOUR OPINION become LAW??
    there is no reason at all..

    and you still didnt answer the question did you?
    pretty lame..why are you afraid to admit that allowing gays to marry will do nothing you personally?
    maybe because it weakens your cause?
    Scot

  3. #163
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dino, that is not their religion. they are terrorist and are delusional and brainwashed.

  4. #164

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Posts
    2,160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 14 2004,3:21)]dino, that is not their religion. they are terrorist and are delusional and brainwashed.
    My dad told me they are doing it because of their religion.
    You see, the most popular religion in terrorism is fanatiscm.
    Fanatics are like palastinians, they are not afraid to die,
    and they believe if they blow themselves up and kill the enemy, they will go to heaven.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

  5. #165
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ok look. their religion does not tell them to be terrorist, they are fanatics. and not ALL palistinians are like that, not all isreali's are militant either.

    there are only a small handful of terrorist fanatics out there, the rest of the people are good [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] anyway we aren't talking about terrorism here.

  6. #166
    Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia/Zone 7
    Posts
    10,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK folks...its been a good, civil debate so far but please don't start with criticisms of someone elses viewpoint. You do not have to agree but you must allow everyone *the right to their OPINION*. Please avoid comments like "that's a pile of crap" and "your ideas digust me." Remember, to someone with an opposing viewpoint, YOUR ideas might digust them!

    Please keep this civil...stick to your own opinions without denigrating anyone elses. One of the big points of this entire discussion is freedom of expression, whether it is in words OR lifestyle! "Live and let live."

    Stick to opinions...and try to be civil and respectful to others. If you want to express your views...allow others to express theirs as well without attacks.

    There is an art to debate...and part of that is being able to keep your head and leave out the emotions, state your viewpoint and offer support for what you believe.

    Thanks everybody...I think its a very interesting debate. I haven't had time to chime in yet!

    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

  7. #167

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Central Ohio
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My arguement= Religion can lead to worse things such as murder, terrorism and idiots flying planes into buildings.
    You're wrong on this. People who do this stuff are not following their religion. They are terrorists.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Heck, we need an amendment to the constitution banning religion right now! Put it right under the gay marriage one.
    The problem with this is the fact that the first amendment says we have freedom of religion. I don't see where it says anything in the constitution about homosexual marriage being a freedom.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]the point is, why should YOUR OPINION become LAW??
    there is no reason at all..
    Why should your opinion to allow homosexual marriage become law?? Every law we have in this country is based on opinions!!!!! Murder, stealing, assult, etc... are all illegal because we have the opinion that these are bad. Some psychos out there think these things are ok. Look at gangs they hate laws and cops. Maybe they don't like the fact that we pushed these opinions on them!! So should we repeal these laws and become a nation of anarchy??

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]and you still didnt answer the question did you?
    pretty lame..why are you afraid to admit that allowing gays to marry will do nothing you personally?
    maybe because it weakens your cause?
    Why don't you answer your own question. How will allowing homosexuals to get married affect you personally?? Unless you're a homosexual my guess is it won't. And so according to yourself you shouldn't be pushing a pro-homosexual marriage law since it doesn't affect you personally.

    I know one way it will affect me personally. If it's allowed then I will be force-fed even more pro-homosexual lifestyle propaganda by the news, TV shows and radio. All trying to make me change my beliefs that homosexuality is wrong. More gay pride marches will be shown on TV that have homosexuals who practically have sex with each other while they're marching.


    -buckeye

  8. #168
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]All birds are gay, they never have hetereosexual sex, and they have survived for millions of years.


    WOH-HO, whered that come from!

    Most certainly not true!

    This argument is not valid. Birds have matching external sex organs called Cloacas. Birds need to be areodynamic, and to have external sex organs like mammals would hinder their flight.

    matching external sex organs does not translate to matching internal ones! Birds only have one hole, and they use it for everything. There are definate differences in males and females. When the Cloacas touch sperm is transferd from the male to the female. Yes the MALE, as females cant self fertilize, just as the malses cant lay eggs. Males birds dont court other male birds. Sometimes they can get confused in the species that look identicle and try to court other males, but thats not usual. telling identicle looking birds of different sexes apart... look at behavior during the breeding season. If you know whta to look for, its simple.
    that makes no logic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •