Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] For example, we don't have any laws prohibiting idol worship, or graven images, or any of the other things that are purely doctrine-based, and not pluralistic community-based
    Because if we did, there would NOT be religious freedom. That would violate the Constitution.

You still haven't given me the answers to all your questions.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the point, Wesley. When someone proposes a law against gay marriage based on the Bible, they are denying religious freedom to those who don't follow the Bible.

Which questions aren't answered? I'll tackle 'em! LOL!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Starman, it happens throughout the animal kingdom from time to time but he was not seriously stating that all birds are homo.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (buckeye @ July 14 2004,10:06)]
    Quote[/b] ]

Quote[/b] ]and you still didnt answer the question did you?
    pretty lame..why are you afraid to admit that allowing gays to marry will do nothing you personally?
    maybe because it weakens your cause?
    Why don't you answer your own question. How will allowing homosexuals to get married affect you personally?? Unless you're a homosexual my guess is it won't. And so according to yourself you shouldn't be pushing a pro-homosexual marriage law since it doesn't affect you personally.
    I have answered my own question, several times, you must have missed it..here it is again:
    "If gay marriage becomes legal, it will have zero effect on my life personally, or on my marriage, it will do no damage to me. - Scot"
    there..hopefully that is clear enough..
    now..I find it hilarious that this is maybe your 4th or 5th reply about my question, and you STILL refuse to answer it!
    Do you hope that maybe if you keep redirecting the conversation enough I might take the bait and go off on a tangent (opinions, or whatever) and forget that you still havent answered the question?
    We have fully covered opinions..
    according to you, your opinion SHOULD effect laws,
    but mine should not.
    or..do you think your opinion should ALSO not effect laws?
    if so, this debate is ended!!
    but I doubt you believe that...you think your opinion should effect laws..otherwise we wouldnt even be having this conversation..
    And if I think your opinion should not effect law, then I should feel that mine shouldnt either (and I agree with that..because this issue really has nothing to do with opinions anyway..there ae still people alive today who hold the opinion that blacks should still be slaves..their opinion is irrelevant to the law..as is yours, as is mine..)
    this isnt an issue of opinion, its an issue of discrimination, and should discriminiation be legal or not?
    So..can we drop oopinions now please?
    so..my question..still waiting..
    do you want to answer it? or would you like to try some other irrelevant tangent this time? if you avoid the question and redirect the conversation enough times, I probably WILL give up and just stop asking..
    but not yet..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, regarding matters of equal rights and justice, NOBODY's opinion should matter. The Constitution enshrines our basic human rights, and shields them from the tryanny of the majority, and may only be ammended by a Constitutional ammendment, which is why we're going throught the circus we are right now.

Until such time as an ammendment is passed, it would be totally appropriate for the courts to mandate legal gay marriage in all 50 states immediately. The rights of citizens of the US are not subject to simple votes.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I find it hilarious that this is maybe your 4th or 5th reply about my question, and you STILL refuse to answer it!
    I answered it. I told you that I don't know the answer, and that you need to give the answer so that we can answer it the next time you ask.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it may happen with tyour grandmas birds it is erroronious to assume all birds are like that. My cordon bleus males fight vicoulsly if put in the same cage. Male birds very oftetn set up territorys and exclude all other males.

Often when two males are in the same cage, they may seem to be couplating but there is no cocal contact. It is a dominance display, with one bird wanting to be literaly 'on top.' the same thing has happened in my presence, and both birds involved were straight as arrows. The display does not mean their gay
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the answers that aren't answered the way you want them to be answered(oh but that would mean all of them).
    ~Wes~

My Growlist