Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used mudurers as an example, I never said gays were mudurers, or rapers. God is letting his people suffer because he is testing us. It is like a test, if you don't give the test then how can you know that the student has learned the material. Well, non-sins can become sins, as shone by the added amendments. If religion is to have nothing to do with government, does that mean that a Christain(or anyone else who has a religion) isn't aloud to vote, because someone is going to use their beliefs to help them vote.

JLAP, I never said that tought any less of you because you are gay. You ARE a person, wether strait or not. Do unto you neighbor as would have done unto you, hmm so if you want to commit suicide, does that mean that you should murder someone, because you want to die?
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley.
    so are you saying that because its in the OLD testament it isnt true, or isnt relevant?
    are you saying we can all just ignore half of the bible?
    including you?
    those are still GODS laws in the old testament are they not?
    or are you saying God was wrong when he said those things?
    which is it?
    either those are Gods laws or they arent..
    either God was right when he said those things or he was wrong..
    are you saying God was wrong?
    if he wasnt wrong, then why can you ignore his laws?
    ether you believe ALL of the bible or you dont..
    if YOU get to pick and choose what is true and what isnt in the bible, why should we have any respect for your one Romans verse?

and..im still waiting for a good reason to not allow gays to marry that is NOT based on the Bible or religion..do you have one?
    Scot

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH! i think you misunderstand, i wasn't speaking directly to you, i was really talking to whoever reads that and doesn't approve.

scotty, couldn't agree more!

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now when did I say that the Old testiment is not true? When did I say that God was wrong? It is impossible to give a reason against gay marriage, because no matter what, it willl in some way or another be linked to the Bible.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ July 12 2004,8:28)]I'm not right or left, I am looking at the Word of God. If it's right or left it is because God is right or left.
    Quote[/b] ]I'm not right or left, I am looking at the Word of God. If it's right or left it is because God is right or left.
    Come on now, lets be completly accurate. Your statement should have read " I'm not right or left, I am looking at the Word of God, as translated by man, and edited by kings, and yet edited again by man. If it's right or left it is because the people that translated God's word where right or left."

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quote that Scott posted is rather funny in that it makes litteral connections between the bible and every day life. You said notice that they are from the old testament, which leads us to believe that you are downplaying the relevance of the old testament. The question is why are some things ignored in the bible ignored for the benefit of the biblethumper but others are held true and what makes one person think that they are important enought to disregard one thing and accuse someone else using the bible? Why can't gay people disregard the part that suits their needs?

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP....................YOUR GAY?!?!?!?!? i demand my Utrics back and i will promptly stomp all those orchids into a mushy pulp [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

anyways if we are going to bring the stuff from the old testiment back i lay claim to the eye for an eye thing............ive gots some scores to settle if we are going to bring that one back [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Rattler

PS JLAP.....the orchids are doing great, there is some stuff i need to discuss with yah about the second round of Utrics........im in the middle of cooking some steaks and will pm yah the details latter
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ July 12 2004,9:33)]I used mudurers as an example, I never said gays were mudurers, or rapers. God is letting his people suffer because he is testing us. It is like a test, if you don't give the test then how can you know that the student has learned the material. Well, non-sins can become sins, as shone by the added amendments. If religion is to have nothing to do with government, does that mean that a Christain(or anyone else who has a religion) isn't aloud to vote, because someone is going to use their beliefs to help them vote.

JLAP, I never said that tought any less of you because you are gay. You ARE a person, wether strait or not. Do unto you neighbor as would have done unto you, hmm so if you want to commit suicide, does that mean that you should murder someone, because you want to die?
    Quote[/b] ]God is letting his people suffer because he is testing us.
    Wow, sounds like the "All mercifull god" that I was told about in school. Come on, LETTING HIS PEOPLE SUFFER? That is WAY out in left field.

Quote[/b] ]It is like a test, if you don't give the test then how can you know that the student has learned the material.
    I am loving this. Isn't your god "all knowing and all powerfull"? He knows you will fail the test before he gives it. Right? Or is he just sort of a god, that doesn't really know what you will do or how things will really turn out? I mean, he did know his son was going to be crucified before he sent him right? So he should know everything else as well.

Quote[/b] ]Well, non-sins can become sins, as shone by the added amendments.
    Wtf? Amendments to sin, are you serious? What isn't a sin today, just MAY be a sin tommorow?
    So is there like a grandfather clause to that? Say if it isn't a sin today and I do it, and it becomes a sin tomorow, am I sinner? What if it becomes a sin JUST before you die, do you go to #### because you didn't repent the new found sin?

Quote[/b] ]If religion is to have nothing to do with government, does that mean that a Christain(or anyone else who has a religion) isn't aloud to vote, because someone is going to use their beliefs to help them vote.
    Wrong again, Gov't has nothing to do with religion, not the other way around. A great thing about this country is you can vote however the heck you want to. Now, Religion tries to have everything to do with the gov't but with limited success. Personally, we need to start taxing all them zealots if they want to try to take power in polotics.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast