Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The federal marriage ammendent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley,
    you said some of God's direct laws, in the old testament, are open to intrepretation:

My dad(and I do too) also plants multiple crops in the same garden.

My mom wears mixed clothing.

I shave.

I have touched dead pigs(not that it was all that fun).

I pray in His presence every day, and I have horrible eyesight. The

Sabbeth isn't difined as Sunday, just as a day of the week when no one works(and in America it happens to be Sunday) It depends on where you stand with God

Oh, I forgot, this was the Jewish law. We(or at least most of us) are Gentiles.

So you are saying some of God's laws in YOUR christian bible we dont all have to follow exactly to the letter of the law..
    Including you..
    I agree with you on that! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    but..if we both believe that, why should your one verse that supposidely shows God is against gay marriage hold any weight?
    why is THAT one verse NOT open to intrepretation while all those other old verses you get to conviently ignore?
    When you yourself say no one has to literally follow everything the bible says, why should we care that one verse might sound like it prohibits gay marriage?
    so what?
    you cant have it both ways...either you follow the bible or you dont..
    and if you dont follow ALL of the bible then you have no credibility when you say all of us in the entire world *should* follow this one teeny verse..and make it into law..
    in other words..why should we believe the Bible when you yourself dont even follow it 100%?
    Why cant we ALL decide, just like you, that we will pick and choose what verses we will follow, and what verses we will ignore?
    If we all want to ignore that Romans verse of yours, why shouldnt we?
    you ignore verses too..
    Why cant an individuals intrepretation of the Bible be based on "It depends on where you stand with God"?
    and if that is true..why should we base laws on YOUR intrepretation on the Bible based on where YOU personally stand with God?
    believe what you like..thats fine..but laws effect everyone..

thanks for admitting you dont have a non-bible based arguement..
    thats cool..
    but..the bible is irrelevant to law.
    YOU need it that way so that YOU are FREE to hold your OWN religious beliefs!!!

If religion starts to be used as a basis of laws, your religion would probably be the first to be outlawed..
    Scot

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem rattler_mt. pm me later. i'm glad the orchids are working out for you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] you'll have an amazing flower display next spring.

ps, that think you said about me being gay was NOT cool at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wesley,

I am sure you are a nice guy and that your religion helps you but you have to begin to see that beliefs based on Christian dogma have absolutely no place in USA law. Gay people suffer from discrimination based on the power Christians have in this country as the USA is one of the few Western Democracies that still takes religious beliefs as fact. Europe has moved on and left the mythical explanations of human life and history behind as wonderful stories and ceremony but not anybody's WORD and not as a record of reality. Gay people suffer under Christian "emperors" as the early Christians in Rome suffered under Roman rule. It is wrong. It does not matter what an imaginary or real "god" says. It does not matter what a cobbled together, ahistorical, brutal and violent book says. Christianity is utterly meaningless in this debate and the fact that our unelected president panders to the Christian fundamentalists on this issue in a clear violation of USA law -- Clinton was impeached for much less -- to garner votes is just another of many reasons why he does not deserve to be President. Christians have every right to believe as they wish and if they wish to make gay free ghettos for themselves in the modern world that is fine by me. They have no right to pass, support and unhold unAmerican laws that are the product of bigotry, hatred, ignorance and myth. Religion has no place in public life. It has no place in USA law. Christians should learn this now as the day they do achieve their desired social domination over the rest of us will be the day America rejects Christianity and tosss it overboard. Be careful waht you wish for as you may get it. America hates oppression more than gays!

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great and lively discussion !

I was taught that we are ALL made in the image and likeness of God... No exceptions. So how can it possibly be wrong to be gay or straight or Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, born with disabilities, etc. etc. etc. ?

And when I learned the 10 commandments I don't recall any reference to differences in color, culture, or gender preference. Seems they were made to apply to everyone.

And I was also taught that in this country we separate State from Religion...and it's my personal feeling that is the way it should be. Last time I checked we are ALL supposed to be equal under the law.

That's my 2 cents...for now anyway.

The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This country is still free of religious control and may it remain ever so!

I am in favor of Gay marrige. It matters not with whom you enter into a loving and trusting (and legally binding) relationship. These relationships need to be given the honor and protection they deserve by our society, and the same rights afforded to Gay relationships as are given to Heterosexual relationships.

This country is not about any one faction dominating or controlling others using their prefered mythology as a justification. Moral righteousness has no part in a State mandated relationship between partners wishing to make a legal contract.

Also I may add, just because you elect to find your fufillment with a mate of the same sex does not mean that you are somehow sick, crimminal, darned or diseased.

Personally, I find the man/woman relationship, although often stressful, to be the "right" thing for me. Our sexuality is not dependent on genetics alone, the issue is far more complex. What is certain is that trying to politically brow beat gays into a "moral" sexual relationship is utterly impossible. Gays are created by the came creative force from which our own souls (be they straight or be they gay) are created, and they deserve the respect anything else in this creation deserves.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley you need some allies
    The bible says it is wrong to be gay in the book of Romans
    If you are, it doesn't really matter, you ARE ALLOWED to be a Christian and be gay, God just doesn't want you to. The definition of being a believer doesn't mean you follow all of God's regulations, just means you believe in the NEW TESTAMENT....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone! I haven't been around much lately but i decided to check in on terraforums today.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My dad(and I do too) also plants multiple crops in the same garden.

My mom wears mixed clothing.

I shave.

I have touched dead pigs(not that it was all that fun).

I pray in His presence every day, and I have horrible eyesight. The

Sabbeth isn't difined as Sunday, just as a day of the week when no one works(and in America it happens to be Sunday) It depends on where you stand with God

Oh, I forgot, this was the Jewish law. We(or at least most of us) are Gentiles.

So you are saying some of God's laws in YOUR christian bible we dont all have to follow exactly to the letter of the law..
    Including you..
    I agree with you on that!
    Some of the things in the Bible that were labeled unclean, such as pigs, were labeled that as a way to protect the people of that time from diseases. Pigs were very dirty because they ate nasty, diseased things that were in the streets. God told the people that pigs were unclean as a way to protect them from disease. As for dead things God said: "And everything on which a part of any such carcass falls shall be unclean; whether it is an oven or cooking stove, it shall be broken down; for they are unclean, and shall be unclean to you." God was telling the people that dead meats can cause you to become sick and so you should get rid of things infected by them. "But the earthen vessel in which it (meat) is boiled shall be broken. And if it is boiled in a bronze pot, it shall be both scoured and rinsed in water." This is another example of God warning people that they should clean or destroy items infected from meat. My point in all of this is that some of the laws in the Bible were put there as a way to protect people from dangers they didn't know about then, such as germs and bacteria. Since we know about germs and the proper ways to cook meats and clean up our cookware we can disregard some of these laws.

I agree with Wesley that homosexuals should not be allowed to marry. Why i believe this: 1. It is clear in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong. 2. It is unnatural. Reproduction can't occur between two men or between two women. 3. It's a chosen lifestyle. I don't believe people are born homosexual but rather they learn the behavior and lifestyle.

One thing that irks me about the whole homosexuality thing in America is that if you believe homosexuality is wrong then you're labeled homophobic, a gay-hater, a bigot, close-minded, ignorant, and out of touch. If a person thinks smoking is wrong they're not labeled a smoker-hater. So why are people who think homosexuality is wrong labeled these things?? I don't get it.

-buckeye

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast