Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a bad month all around for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travis,

I glad it was just material belongings and that your wife and child are fine. If I ever make it out west I will have to teach your wife how to kick some serious criminal bottom. She appears to have the kahunas for it already. Really though, next time use the phone without tipping the bad guys off and call 911. Police are not in it for the money...it is for the fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im glad your wife and kid are alright.

i realize this wont work for everyone and i dont necessarily support it BUT my fiancee and i do have a plan for a situation like this and it is in this order:

#1. call 911 immediatly
    #2. retreive Da Cannon* from closet
    #3a get where you feel safe until cops arrive
    #3b if best course of action looks to be confrunting perps than do so but keep distance.

*Da Cannon: a Marlin 1895G in 45/70 Govt. that both of us shoot quite well. it is capible of putting an end to any fight you pick should it come to that be it man, beast or truck

i realize most police officers highly frown on confronting BUT i live in the country and it will take time for the police to show up. scaring them off is better than letting them attempt to enter the house IMO.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about that.......I sure hope they get them! Last year my mom was washing clothes in the laundromat, and usually what she did was throw them in, and then run around town and do her errands. We live in a small town, so this is pretty much what everyone does. But when she came back, all the clothes were gone! Well, she put an ad in the paper telling what happened, and asked them to put the clothes back. She checked back everyday, and a week later someone had put them back. So it had a happy ending. I hope your story has a happy ending too. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard from the police. They have a suspect and want my wife to do a photo line-up. Looks like they were not stupid enough to keep our stuff but the cops have reason to believe he is the one. If my wife can ID him then he gets a warrent and hopefully we get recompinsation.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you nail his hide to the shed Fred.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YAY! I'm so glad they got him. I hope your wife can do the ID and put him away. That will spare others from going through what you did.

Hopefully they can get all of them and maybe recover the loot too. I'll be crossing my fingers.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sucks Pyro. I am glad things worked out *thankfully*.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear everyone is ok Pyro.

Hope you get your stuff back, and the idiot get's what's comin to him too.

At least they didn't mess with your plants!
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123