What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a bad month all around for me

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Yesterday morning (7/15/04) my mother-in-law took our car to Home Depot. Since she figured it would just be a short trip she left the garage door open. My wife and 10 month old daughter were still at home.

About 10:45 my wife heard noise outside. Initially she thought it was the garbage men but then she realized that it was coming from inside our garage. She went to investigate and when she opened the door she found three young men burglarizing our garage. They had pulled their truck in and were loading it up.

My wife confronted them calmly, telling them that they really did not want to do what they were doing and that it was foolish and asked them to please stop and give everything back. She says that they were very startled and looked a little scared at having been discovered. The three of them jumped into their truck and pulled away. As they left my wife followed on foot and got the license plate number.

A report has been filed with the Police Department and they have informed us that they ran the tag number and the truck is not stolen so it is very likely that the owner of the truck or someone they know was involved in the burglary.

Some people really suck

Ugh. That stinks. Sorry, man! I hope the didn't get anything too valuable. I'd really give it to your mother in law!
mad.gif

People like that make good fertilizer. That's about the extent of their usefullness. May they realize their full potential in the most timely way possible.

Hi Tamlin
There sure sre Vermin about should of locked the door and gassed um >;-D
Schloaty= Im not sure if giving it to Tamlins mother in law is the answer but its a thought >;-D (English humour)

Bye for now Julian

Ouch what a nerve they got.

My parents were once robbed while laying next to a swimming pool (face down). The robber simply opened the handbag next to them.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

chesara,

I think you meant PYRO'S mother in law?

Lost about $400 in tools and such. A compressos, some drills, a bit set, and air hammer, a heat gun, a shop vac, and a boom box. Claire (my wife) caught them right at the start of their raid I think. It is just material stuff and the important thing is that my wife and baby are okay. But I do agree with Tamlin on this, I hope they fertilize the earth to the fullest extent.

Dave,

Not really my mom-in-law's fault, I have done the same thing myself. Not anymore however!

Hi Schloaty
Yes your right,im blind

Bye Julian

Wow...that is SOME nerve! I sure hope they get caught and punished. I guess your wife would be able to identify them since she talked to them. With any luck, they'll find your stuff. People DO sometimes recover stolen merchandise.

Yep...there's always somebody who thinks they should get something for nothing. It makes me so mad!

I'm so sorry to hear that happened. It really sucks...

Uggg! That sucks, but they were kind of dumb, After all did they really think that you would store something really valuable in your garage
smile_n_32.gif

well what dose this teach you put cps in the garage kill my preteys mwahahah >;-D
stupid bags of >;-D hope they get caught or worst >;-D

That sucks. Your wife should have slapped them. That would teach them to mess with you and your wife! If my dad caught them, he would just beat the **** out of them.

That really blows, Travis. My initial reaction was alarm that your wife would confront them like that. If they were true bad -----..... Good for her since that part turned out okay.
In the past, that stuff might have been hard to sell..but thanks to eBay, they might be able to profit. Is there a way to alert eBay about this stuff?
Hope your weekend is better.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That sucks. Your wife should have slapped them. That would teach them to mess with you and your wife! If my dad caught them, he would just beat the **** out of them.
Starman, I don't know how well one woman with a baby is going to do against two or three men. This isn't Hollywood, and Mrs. Pyro isn't a ninja.
smile_m_32.gif

She probably should not have confronted them, though it's good she go the plate #.

Most women (and men --- no stereotypes from me!) wouldn't have had the cajones to confront them, or even think about the license plate. Way to go Mrs. Pyro!

Travis,

I glad it was just material belongings and that your wife and child are fine. If I ever make it out west I will have to teach your wife how to kick some serious criminal bottom. She appears to have the kahunas for it already. Really though, next time use the phone without tipping the bad guys off and call 911. Police are not in it for the money...it is for the fun
smile_n_32.gif

im glad your wife and kid are alright.

i realize this wont work for everyone and i dont necessarily support it BUT my fiancee and i do have a plan for a situation like this and it is in this order:

#1. call 911 immediatly
#2. retreive Da Cannon* from closet
#3a get where you feel safe until cops arrive
#3b if best course of action looks to be confrunting perps than do so but keep distance.

*Da Cannon: a Marlin 1895G in 45/70 Govt. that both of us shoot quite well. it is capible of putting an end to any fight you pick should it come to that be it man, beast or truck

i realize most police officers highly frown on confronting BUT i live in the country and it will take time for the police to show up. scaring them off is better than letting them attempt to enter the house IMO.

Rattler

Sorry to hear about that.......I sure hope they get them! Last year my mom was washing clothes in the laundromat, and usually what she did was throw them in, and then run around town and do her errands. We live in a small town, so this is pretty much what everyone does. But when she came back, all the clothes were gone! Well, she put an ad in the paper telling what happened, and asked them to put the clothes back. She checked back everyday, and a week later someone had put them back. So it had a happy ending. I hope your story has a happy ending too.
smile.gif

Just heard from the police. They have a suspect and want my wife to do a photo line-up. Looks like they were not stupid enough to keep our stuff but the cops have reason to believe he is the one. If my wife can ID him then he gets a warrent and hopefully we get recompinsation.

Back