Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All you great photographers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Olympus Camedia C-740. I bought it beacause it has a 10x optical zoom (fairly rare AFAIK), is a 3 megapixel camera, has a nice macro mode, and has a built-in flash and LCD.

I love my camera, and it is better than any other I have used, but I have not used a lot of the high-end cameras, like the ones Suzanne mentioned, and the one I know Tony uses.

Here is where I keep my pictures:
    http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/myplants

I looked for a macro shot to show you, but I am on dialup, and it's sooooo slow to wade through the pages, sorry. There are some in there somewhere!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Trash, you have some really nice shots there! I found your 2 or 3 macro photos in there (LOVE the broadband!). Doesn't look like I need anything like 5 mega-pixels. Based on your pics, I'd be just fine with 3. Might go higher to 4, though, just 'cause.

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trashcan, you beat me to it. I have the same camera, and it takes wonderful pictures. But at maximum zoom you really need a tri/mono-pod. But the macro mode works very well. It also has super macro! Great camera indeed! It takes very clear pics.

schloaty, 3.2 megapixels is perfect for printing up to an 8 x 11 picture. And who really needs to go beyond that. It'll take a 2048 X 1536 resolution picture, I believe. The 10x zoom is equivalent to about 380mm SLR lens. Good stuff. And with the super macro, you can get closer than 1" to take the picture. Talk about extreme close-up!
    small minds discuss people;
    average minds discuss events;
    great minds discuss ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Canon PowerShot A80. It's got autofocus, manual focus, macro, and it's 4 megapixels. It has so many features, and a display that folds out, so you can put the camera low, and tilt the display up so you can see what you are taking a picture of from above the camera. I've been really happy with it, and got it for about $350 at walmart. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2:
    a Ricoh Caplio G3, 3.2 MPixel, fantastic macro mode (1cm) and very good value for money...also does video...

(also have a Nikon Cooolpix 5400, good but pricy, and some experience needed))
    Stephen
    Sarracenia rosea?...don't be ridiculous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firewired has a great camera. If you want something cheaper, look into the Canon A70, it doesn't have the flip out screen, but it has full manual controls [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]firewired has a great camera.
    Thanksk larry [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments about my photography larry and schloaty.
    "Are you using a close-up lens attachment for your macro shots? The DOF on those are awesome."
    No I do not use any lenses. I use the camera macro mode which usually is a flower symbol on the camera. This allows the camera to focus very close to an object.
    DOF is achieved with your F stop. The higher the F stop # the larger your DOF, (more area that will be in focus) but you sacrifice light to do it. Meaning, F8 gives you the best DOF, but your shutter speed will increase, (open longer) to make up for the loss of light entering the lens. Making camera shake harder to deal with, unless it is a very bright day, a fill flash is used, or a tripod is used.
    F2 gives you the least amount of DOF, but the most light entering your lens, and quicker shutter speeds necessary to expose the picture. Typically this is what you would want to use to "stop action" shots.
    Most of the time when I take pictures I set the camera to manual mode and have to give and take with DOF and shutter speed to get the exposure correct for the subject I'm photographing.
    Some cameras allow you to change your ISO setting. I will not get into this because I have notice that the quality of your pictures goes down when increasing the ISO speed, with digital noise, and to me not acceptable. I always use the slowest ISO setting available.

Sorry I kind of went into a writting fit, but I will use this on another forum that ask me to write something for them a few months ago, and have been putting off.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast