Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else tired of seeing people with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really a fan of Martha either, but I think that the publicity has certainly ruined much of her image. The average joe wouldn't have this problem, everyone on the street wouldn't know what THEY had done. Also, she at least earned her money. Unlike many celebs, it wasn't just handed to her at birth by her parents. I have to respect that in some form.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I dont know much about Martha, but if she earned her money, she deserves some respect true, but I still say that getting out of trouble (that you've put yourself in) easy isnt the same as respect...
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I just realized I dont really know a lot about this at all, but just posted to whine about ppl with more cash than me...
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the case of Marth, come on, she sold some stock on an inside tip. 5 months in jail is almost a little harsh for a fist time offender.

Secondly, the real purpose of jail is to rehabilitate people. What good would it serve to put Martha Stewert with hardened criminals? I mean, its Martha friggen Stewert. She would not come out of jail rehabilitated she would come out mentally unstable.

Now, as far as these celebs on their fifth felony drug possession, I agree. If that would have been me, I would be serving a 2 year stint by the 2nd charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Casper @ July 19 2004,6:56)]She would not come out of jail rehabilitated she would come out mentally unstable.

Now, as far as these celebs on their fifth felony drug possession, I agree. If that would have been me, I would be serving a 2 year stint by the 2nd charge.
    You're saying shes mentaly stable NOW? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

*cough* Scott Wiland*cough*
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martha was not convicted of insider trading as everyone seems to think. She was convicted of *lying to the investigators* about it. So her real crime--lying. WOW.

I do agree that "celebrities" get FAR too lenient sentencing in most crimes and its VERY unfair. Don't ever believe our judicial system is fair...in many instances it isn't. Fame and money buys you freedom.

However, Martha's crime was "minimal", she didn't do anything that many MALE CEO's haven't done to a much more heinous degree and gotten away with it... but people had a field day with it because it was the prim and proper Martha Stewart and she's female to boot! The news media went after her with a vengeance.

She had her day in court...I think her punishment was fair and she will always have to live with the public stigma and the hurt to her company. If her crime had been more serious, I'd be all for a sentence appropriate to the crime with no leniency for "fame" and money.

But geez...her stockbrocker called her and said "sell" so she did! She didn't make any pile of money off the deal. She just should have 'fessed up when asked about it.

I can see the skits on Saturday Night Live now...Martha decorating her jail cell with gumwrapper wallpaper, making toilet paper doilies and serving tea parties with recycled-license plate tea cups.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martah stewart is the woman i love and love to hate lol. if i was in her position, i would have sold my stock, too. but the stock wasn't worth nearly as much as selling it has cost her.

i agree, people with millions shouldn't get special treatment.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Im sick of seeing Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez go mad!!!
    Jennifer Lopez has had 6 boyfrinds and 2 divorces! She also has a bejeweled toilet!!! Why cant she just have a normal toilet?! And why is she still wearing Ben Afflecks ring?! Settle down with 1 man ,woman!!And dont let me talk about Britney Spears! Marying for 55 hours?! Marriage is a holy comitment, not a result from a drunken night out!! She also keeps drinking and flashing in public-why?
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast