Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..... I HAVE NO IDEA what your all talking about
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha ha... it's a language all it's own finch, just like cp'ers talking about trigger hairs and so on...

most star fish are actualy coral predators, linkia stars are nice, as are harlequin shrimp, which i just couldn't bear to keep, something about taking a sea star out of the ocean just to feed a couple of shrimp bugs me.

I am playing it 'loose' with my invert stocking, I definately want to keep it all indo pacific, but I want to keep my options open and stock as I go, that is half the fun of the hobby, you never know when you'll run across something amazing.

As for fish though, that is mostly decided, the 115 will have a pair of mated mandarin dragonettes in it (Trank bread and raised if I can find them) and a pair of either maroon clowns or black ocillerius, I keep flopping on those, as I am intrigued by the maroons and they are the natural symbiotes of the bubble tip anemone (One of the few hosting anemones in the trade, and the easiest to care for, not to mention, in most peoples minds, the most beautiful). However, black ocillerius will host in a bubble tip sometimes, and they aren't bullies... that is a real concern with the mandarins in the tank.

THe only other fish I have pegged down, are a lemon peel tang, and a helfrichi firefish... (For those that haven't seen the hellfrichi, it is stunning, you'll have to take my word for it, or do a google search!)

I have another tank up and running, to seed my fuge with when I get it going, int he long run, that tank will be home to a. Maculatus, the warty frog fish... (Can change colors to match it's environment.) finding them around here is hard, and I would like one with a genetic base color of red rather than yellow, makes it triple hard to find... but worth it.

Another interesting thing, when I build my greenhouse, I am now thinking of having a section (other than the carnivorous plants) for corals, some rubbermaid tubs sunk into the ground, propgate the coral in mother natures back yard.... others have done it, don't know how well it would work though. I would have to have the air pushing away from the plants towards the salt water and out of the greenhouse though, I am sure the majority of CP's would not like salt air, though I know some are adapted to it.

Interesting that you mention 'slugs' as well, I had aptasia crop up in my tank a few weeks ago from some frags I got from a friend. Another friend will be dropping a berghia nudibranch off for me later this week, the aptasia hunter killer! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] when he's done his job, out he goes to another aptasia riddled home.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh god, aptasia are a NIGHMARE, i feel your pain. i used to kill them with kalkwasser past. i had a blue linkia star once, i spent THREE hours aclimating it, then the next day i found a huge piece of live rock on it. what irony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's not irony, that just plain sucks! Aptasia are a pain, but with a little berghia in the tank, they are nothing more than food! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ever tried copperband butterflies to take care of them? they work GREAT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my tank is a little small cor copperbands... the berghia will be far better suited... even now though, I think I have decided, since it is just two I am going to lance them with a needle and inject kalk... if they pop up in the 115, I will probably get the berghia... the copperbanded butterfly is a gorgeous fish, I just have no interest in it.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW! nice hobby, ive always wanted a reef... maybe when i older...
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you should wait untill you get a job, unless your lil'bow wow or lil' romeo.. or some other lil'...

it's extremely expensive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast