Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My other hobby

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    electric blue lion? wow i've never seen one of those before!

and i think the aquarium as a headboard is an awesomly fabulous idea, that is so cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an electric blue lion still looks like your normal dendrochus lion, but the back of the pectoral fins have a brilliant electric blue streak going around them. (replace a white streak with a blue one.) as far as I know they have been imported into the american hobby only one time.

Yeah, I really like the idea of a headboard, but planning it OI! the only thing I can think of, is the bed will have to be in the middle of the room, tank as headboard, and then another space on the other side of the tank for maintenance (wouldn't spilling saltwater on your pillows suck?) In my minds eye, I think it would be awesome to drill the tank in the middle bottom, so the overflow is in the middle of the tank, and have the lighting, everything, coming back up through that over flow, no messy cables and stuff anywhere, then, you could slap a couple recliners behind the tank, and not only do your maintenance from that side, but have a nice sitting area as well.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could put the tank in the wall, then move your bed to the back of the wall that way the tank is your headboard and you can do work behind the scenes on the other side of the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would require there being another room present... and since we are renting, modification to the house that would in the long run, be a loss of money. No thanks! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a Blue Ribbon Eel or a Marine Betta? Pinatus Bat? Sorry, I get lost on the hardlines. Start mentioning fish again and I perk up. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marine betta's are so pretty, but they are so reclusive!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about reclusive - one of my favorites is the Dragon Wrasse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all good choices, I have a passing interest in panther groupers, ore blue spot groupers.. there are so many dazzlingly beautiful fish out there. My wife won't have anything to do with eals they ahh.. 'creep her out'... I can't say I blame her... they just stare at ya with a mouth full of teeth.. though, I do like snoflake eels, I don't think I have the skill to keep them just yet, they are rather delicate I understand.

I have some black ocillarius clowns on order for the reef, I'll be sure to post them when they come in.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast