What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone please read this

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    email

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
We (the Mods and Admin) would like to inform everyone that there is a spammer sending out emails to PFT/TF members to join his personal forum. This spammer is a former member of PFT who was banned after he made racist statements, advocated genocide and then generated a thread to flame a Mod when he violated his banning and was discovered posting again under a new name.

We are in the process of determining how he has gotten back on the boards and how he is acquiring email addresses. We would appreciate it if anyone who has information on this matter or receives a message from this person would forward the message on to any of the Mods or board Admins.

Thanks

A long time ago, after I joined this forum, I was contacted by someone called Amir Razaq. His email had a virus attached to it, my computer detected the virus and had immediatley deleted the virus. I have since deleted his email.
Dino

Starman,

We are specifically looking for a person who is spamming members by emailing them and asking them to join his personal forum.

What happened to you sounds like one of the typical harvester viruses that are all too common these days.

I just find it suspicious that I got it after I joined this forum.

As may be. I was just stating that your incident (while not un-important) is not relevant with the person we are specifically warning/enquiring about

Perhaps you could say who it was so we know to stay away? There are several forums out there, and for those of us who don't know who was involved, it's hard to know who you are talking about. PM me if necessary.

Capslock

pm me aswell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ July 21 2004,12:42)]Perhaps you could say who it was so we know to stay away?
Certainly, I don't see any major need to keep his name quiet.

The spammer is Matti aka Matti_Lord_of_the_Pings and MattiRules and one time hit as a user name slandering a Mod (if you saw it I am sure you will remember it)

The email might be signed Matti Kelby...if that helps.

bump

Rump

Amazing! There are some ppl that are pure evil on the computer.

Perhaps Nepenthes gracilis might like to visit Matti's forum and have a look at the pics 'ephippiata' is posting of what claims are his own Neps
smile_k_ani_32.gif

laugh.gif

Nep G...you better check that out!! And kick some butt with that 'epphippiata' guy!

Hi all. I did receive this e-mail, went to that site, and was merely confused. I barely have enough time for this one. I'm sorry that I deleted it before I had a chance to forward it to you

Thanks for letting us know JBL.
smile.gif

I received an e-mail and was about to reply to this person.
This is what he wrote me:

dear steve just wondered onto your site
how did you get it onto google?
also if you would like the job of moderator on my cp forum it's yours
htp://matti.xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx

I not sure that he e-mailed me through these forums. It looks like he e-mailed me from my website. I was going to tell him how to get his forum into a google search, but if he was banned here, I do not think I'll help him out.

Hi everyone.. I'm global mod on his forum.. don't throw tomatoes at me, its not like I was the one doing all the horrible thing.

He seems to be targeting forum members from southeastern PA and /or young teens. Or maybe people that belong to the local CP groups, like SEPACPS or LACPS.

Back