User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alltel wireless

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

What a load of rubbish!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    "Im sorry, a tower is down!" What a bag of rubbish!!
    They were using you, Ozzy!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] Those stupid people!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] All they want is money, nothing more! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have been calling Alltel and I will not give up. I have been giving the run around which is normal for Alltel. I was passed from one dept to the other until I was mysteriously disconnected. So I placed a call to the home office in Little Rock Ak. I talked to Sharon Dumas. Same old story, it's not our policy to refund prepaid accounts. I said you need to change your policy because It's wrong to steal peoples money. She said that will be up to Joe Ford to decide. So I asked, Can I speak to him? She said no. I asked why not, because I'm not important enough because I was a prepaid account? I also invited her to the forums to read what people are saying about them. She declined. I told her it would be cheaper to pay me the money that they owe me so I'll go away.
    Nick, thanks for the link, I didn't think of them.
    Tamlin, You're right on everything you said except
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You need to calm down. Go watch some TV and have a Bud and forget all this stuff like a good cow. Have a Prozac and quit harassing the hardworking taxpaying companies Ozzy, or you are going to find yourself in another jam like you did with those nice folk at Paypal
    You need to write them a letter and tell them that they don't want to get into fight with me like I had with paypal. Paypal never knew what hit 'em. After they refused to give me my money I just went to the bank and told them that paypal withdrew money from my account with out my permission. It was that simple. Then about 5 months later they sent me a check for $40. I called them and asked what the check was for they told me they didn't know. So I cashed it. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what complete and utter crap! you're getting screwed with, mark. the sad truth is this happens everyday, in every town, in every state, in every country. you, the little guy, are getting the short end of the stick from corprate america. the companies that do business this way count on the fact that you will do nothing about it. really, most people would bite the bullet and just pay them (as you did), be pissed about it (like you), and simply change to another wireless provider (as you will). and what would these companies do if you didn't pay them? they'd be on the phone to the credit reporting agencies and really stick it to you!

my understanding on the BBB is simple and basic. none the less, it also tells me that the BBB is a joke, and benefits the retailer more than the consumer. as i understand it, the BBB will contact the retailer in question after a complaint has been filed. in turn, the retailer will attempt to resolve the matter with you. after the attempt has been made, i believe, they can then let the BBB know that they have tried to resolve the problem, and the complaint is labled as "resovled" or something similar. as i understand it, the person making the complaint and the company in which the complaint is filed against do not have to actually agree to anything, nor do they have to actually resolve anything. they just have to make an attempt.

personally, i like tamlins idea of the fake lawyer letter. that could back fire on you should alltel decide to take it to court. by my account, you're asking for them to give you $126.50. sounds like you might have a good case for small claims court.

have you thought about calling carl monday and the FOX i-team yet? i would. i bet you'll have your cash in no time flat...

good luck and keep us posted!

tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, All I asked for was the $40 that was left on my account. but sisnce they want to play this game I'm now asking for everythiung I'm owed. $234.50 I think. I'm going to attack them on every front I can think of, the BBB is just one of the weapons. Planetfeedback is different from the bbb, they post their response and I decide if the matter was resolved.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said I would give an update when this is settled. Here's what's happened since I posted this.
    Planetfeedback sent the letter I wrote and I got an returned email notice. So they changed their email. Then the Better Business Bureau sent me an email and told me that their address has changed and they are searching for a new address. I know that if a company suddenly changes their address it's a major warning flag. I went to the local alltel store and sat down and told the manager that I wanted my money and I wasn't leaving until I get it. He said "Do you want me to call the cops?" I said go ahead and call them. He picked up his phone and dialed some numbers and said no you're going to call the Alltel customer service and settle it with them. I talked to them and they gave me the same bull. They said we'll have a manager call you and they will settle it. It was just more lies to shut me up. I agreed to give them one more chance to settle it. So I went home and waited for the manager to call. He called and told me it wasn't their policy to refund my money. I'll save all the young ears here from what my reply was but I'm sure you get the picture.
    I continued my phone assaults. I kept getting the same answers.

Then last week I got an email from the BBB. They gave me a phone number of Cary Johnson in Cleveland. I called him Thursday. He told me it wasn't a good time to talk to him, but he said he could call me Friday morning. I told him I would be working Friday. So he gave me the number of Shawn Panyard. He told me that he was the Alltel representative area and that he would help me. I was thinking yeah I've heard that before.
    Anyway I called him today. He said he read the letter and he wants to know what I wanted to settle this matter. I told him that it was all in the letter and I wanted the money that Alltel owed me. He said that he didn't have the letter in font of him and asked would I be happy if he gave me a new phone and put some money on my account. I told him I would settle for that. So he is suppose to fed ex me a phone. My question is why they couldn't do that in the first place. They know it's the right thing to do. I almost told him no because of the way they treated me. I'm a forgiving person and I guess if they do what they say I should give them another chance.
    I'll update this as soon as I get my new phone.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finnaly! That took long enough to get your money! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Im glad its all settled now, Mark. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Dino [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Shawn Panyard made good on his promise. I didn't get home until about 1:30 am, I went to Ozzfest yesterday, there was a fed-x package in the door. It was from Shawn and it was a brand new phone with $40 on the account. I set the account up this morning. I've already had problem number 1. I chose the 200 anytime minutes and 2000 nights and weekend. For some reason I decided to to check how many minutes I had. I only had 187 anytime and 1800 nights and weekends. I couldn't believe they shorted me over 200 minutes. So I called them up and asked what happened. The women told me she don't know why but she credited me the minutes I was short.
    I truly think there will be a round two to this fight, but I'm going to give them a fair chance. If something happens and I'm not happy with the service, I'll cancel them and I'll leave with a brand new phone.
    Thanks to all of you that has listen to my rants about Alltel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12