What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh geez...another one

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date
Someone listed his exwife's wedding dress on eBay but he wrote this hilarious tale about his ex and the dress. It was so funny, the link to the eBay listing spread like wildfire within days via email and it got all kinds of attention; the guy got all kinds of emails and the dress sold for something like $25,000. (I don't think he got the money). But he ended up "famous" and was on TV shows and radio shows and all kinds of things. Turns out he made up parts of the story but it was so funny it didn't matter. The listing got over 10 million hits during its run on eBay--has to be the record. This was just a few months ago. I have a print out of it.
smile.gif

the freako wouldn't even sell if it was evil I mean he would "kill" it by fire or whatev er.

I think one of the funniest things about the wedding dress was that he modeled it himself! I thought that whole thing was well done. If he made it up - good job.
As for the duck - oh, come on! Why didn't he just bury it himself in the Tupperware container, hm? Some people will buy anything.

--------------------------

The speed of time is one second per second

WOW,$107.50 for a rubber duck.
confused.gif
Some people.

Jerry

anyone remember the dorito that fell from heaven? i think it sold for thousands.

i got a whole bag in the kitchen...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ July 22 2004,10:06)]WOW,$107.50 for a rubber duck.
confused.gif
   Some people.

Jerry
What a spooky duck! If he was that determined to get rid of it, why didnt he just put it in the bin?
confused.gif
$100 for a rubber duck.
confused.gif
How stupid!
confused.gif

I highly doubt the high bidder intends to buy the duck..
check out his feedback rating! he has "O"..(zero) feedback.
which means he has never bought anything..
obviously a "nusance bid"..
Scot

The price on the wedding dress did get to something like $25,000...however eBay apparently freaked and made the bidders "qualify" or something and that wiped out a ton of bids, so by the auction's end, it was back down to the $3,800. But at least that one was well written and entertaining.

If someone wished to persue it, I guess they could get sued if they don't pay though I'm sure most don't bother. But the seller pays a commission on the final price...so if they don't get their money from the buyer...they are screwed as they still must pay the commission regardless of non-payment.

The rubber duckie was a very LAME story....hehe...get it? Lame...duck....lame duck....
smile_n_32.gif
Arrr Arrr!

Oh my... I thought I had destroyed that evil thing...
smile.gif

Back