What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isnt it annoying

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] There is no reason to tell a kid or a baby to "shut up" first off... that just teaches them to say it... so then you have a 3 y/o running around saying shut up to people. So what are you doing when you say that to them? Tell them to say it. Which is what you are complaining about. So. Don't teach a kid what you don't want them to learn. Again, the whole calling a fish Nemo thing will pass... geesh.
Andrew

goodness i donnt do that. the laxisity of the parents on the neiborhood is what annoyed me, if you payed attention to my post. the kids dont know any better, but the parents wont teach them whats right or wrong.

Finch, I understood your post just fine.
smile.gif
My responce was not to your post but to Starman's... he said:

"What the point of doing those things?!
I dont like little kids or babies because they cry all
the time and whine, and they shout out:
"Nemo, Nemo, Nemo!" And Im like:
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" "

Hope that clears it up.
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

I hope if ANYBODY saw someone hitting a dog with a baseball bat or in any way physically abusing an animal, you'd call and report it.  I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Just like with child abuse, what you're seeing may not be a one-time event.  And neglect is considered abuse as well.  I don't know why people get pets when they aren't willing to take responsibility for them.  Pets are like children...they are WORK.  If you really love animals, then the work is worth it just like it is when you have kids.  But if you don't feel that way...don't get a pet!  
smile_h_32.gif

I agree, PAK. I would report it. Why get a pet if you are going to neglect it?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And neglect is considered abuse as we

naw they feed it and give it water and everything, just dont pay attention to it. thats not enough to justify a charge of neglect.

it was just a plastic baseball bat, PAK, and hes so young hes just starting to speak comprehensivly. I dont know haw fast kids frow up, but i know hes not old enough to fairly assume that the child knows what he was doing was wrong. I havent seen the parents do anything about it or try to control him with his treatment of the dog, but he is still very young... and some kids just dont listen. If the parents are doing something about it, its not enough to make him stop. Sometimes the messege just doent get across.

Some parents are too relaxed on the their kids. Starts young, then gets harder to teach *Why you ask? They talk back*. Although I I do not have a child, that is my theory. It is disturbing seeing kids not respecting animals or nature.
confused.gif

Hey, weren't we ALL annoying kids. I guess the real question is whether we have become annoying adults.

Back