What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who don't visit the Trade Forum...

Yes, it is. Its Sundew(one word)
The full name is Drosera capensis.
Im glad that you have registered!
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Dino
smile_n_32.gif

any news on how he is doing?? Please say he is getting better!
smile.gif

i sent him his games earlier today.

oh, i'm so retarded! i didn't include a note telling him they were from me and to get well!

noah's mom, please tell him i sent him luigi's manson, pikmin, and waverace today. they should be there in 2-3 days and to get well soon!

Wow! Justlike, I will let him know when I call him this evening that you sent him gifts but neglected to put a note in. I won't tell him what you sent though. Leave the surprise for him to discover.
How he is doing: he was able to take ice chips but now even they make him sick. He had gained a few pounds after they put the feeding tube in but yesterday lost 2 pounds. He is throwing up a lot even though they have the tube in his stomach to drain off all the contents. He has a lot of heartburn and that awful pressure in his chest. He thinks it is due to his stomach being 3 times the normal size (possibly a result of the artery that is wrapped around his intestine) we pray that he will put some substantial weight on and that the artery will correct itself. And, hopefully the artery problem is the crux of everything else and he will be healed. Sick sick sick for so long.

I get to visit him tomorrow and am just really excited about it.

Wow Dew,

Say hi to him from all of us! LOL, I bet he's just as excited that his MOM is starting to learn latin names of cp's and is posting under her own profile!

It's a comfort to everyone here to have you with us and keeping us appraised of his status. I'm sure it's good for your soul too, to know others are pulling for him.
smile.gif

I reckon coming in here makes me feel closer to him when he is so far away.

ouch. can it be corrected with surgery?

Well Dew...you just keep coming here all you want. There is support for YOU here as well as Noah. While Noah is the one with the phyisical challenges, serious illness affects the whole family. Separation is hard enough without all the stress and worry of sick child. Anytime you need some hugs and a kind "ears", we are all here for you as well.

Maybe you could tell some embarrassing childhood stories so we can rib him when he comes back.
smile_m_32.gif
Just kidding!

PAK
The visit yesterday was really nice. He was himself as far as his spirits. The doctor spoke with dh and I for a bit and asked how I thought he looked. He is still really emmaciated but mostly I thought he looked pastey. Well 6 weeks in an 8x10 room will do that to you - so the doctor said he could unhook all the tubes and we could go for a walk with him for a half hour - then he winked and said if you want to walk a little further take a couple of hours - just don't tell me WHERE you are going. So, we took him off hospital grounds - wanted to go to a nature walk botanical gardens type park but no wheel chair - so he decided we should take him to a couple pet stores. He stayed in his hospital garb, and needed a little support getting around. We were gone for a good 2 hours and I think he was totally exhausted when we got back. He has not gained any weight since the J-Tube was placed, but they say that is not unusual after a body has been starved so long that it may take a couple of weeks to notice a change. He is really hunched over and caved in and looks a bit how Don Knotts did...but they said they would get physical therepy up there for him so hopefully that will help strengthen him to where he can hold his body upright again.
PAK I saw the card you made. WOWza, it is really professional! I enjoyed reading EVERYones cards. I am truly blown away at how thoughtful everyone has been.

Did my card arrive?
smile.gif
Im glad he is getting better.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

Dew,
I was hoping to get the plant in the mail today, but its still too wet..
I took it out of its tray a few days ago, but its been so cool and damp up here, that its still dripping!
so I brought it into work today and I will let it sit indoors over the weekend..
then mail it monday..
its a small sarracenia purpurea with several pitchers!
I would have liked to send a bigger sarr, but im afraid of pitchers getting too damaged in shipping..
so this nice little purp should ship nicely..
Scot

I'm so glad you got your visit in and it sounds like a nice one too. He must have been so happy to get out of that hospital room for a change!

Hopefully he'll start gaining some weight soon.
smile.gif

IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got internet access in the hospital finally! .:)
smile.gif
smile.gif
So I`ll be on for probably a while anyways. The reason my mom hasn`t updated in a while is cause her computer died:( So she sent it back to gateway for repairs hopefully the warrenty will cover it.

As for me I`m all healed up from surgery and even though they`ve been pumping about 4,000 calories of jevity and nutrin for the last 1 1\2-2 weeks I`ve only gained a few pounds:( Still not eating anything either.

BTw. Thanks to every body who sent cards letters presents or posted there thoughts on the forums. You guys\gals have been so nice! Oh and Btw PAAK that card you sent me is realy cool!

It's Pond boy!!!! Hey, it's great to hear from you!!! We're all concerned and hoping you get better and out of the hospital as quickly as possible. Anything we can do to help you pass the time, just let us know.

Capslock

So great to hear from you Noah!! We're all pulling for your speedy recovery!
Hope you got the card and vft magnet I made you for your room.
We've really missed you here a lot but have enjoyed "meeting" your Mom and
knowing that you are getting such good and loving care.
It's wonderful to see you connected with us again! Get better really fast!!
biggrin.gif

Lynda

Hey, you bein' all wired up yourself and you worrin' about your computer dude?
laugh.gif
Good to see you still addicted!
smile.gif

Jason

Oh yeah and welocme baaaaccckkkkk!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (greenhouse1 @ Aug. 09 2004,12:16)]So great to hear from you Noah!!  We're all pulling for your speedy recovery!
Hope you got the card and vft magnet I made you for your room.  
We've really missed you here a lot but have enjoyed "meeting" your Mom and
knowing that you are getting such good and loving care.
It's wonderful to see you connected with us again!  Get better really fast!!
biggrin.gif

Lynda
Yes I got them thanks!
smile.gif

Did you get my package yet?

Back