Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New way to water propagate plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have to keep in mind the sugar you use. the specific type of sugar made by the photosynthesis of plants is fructose, there are many different types of sugar (glucose, lactose, fructose, sucrose.. and other things ending in ose) if its any other kind of sugar (not fructose) i would think that it won't do any good for it. Fructose is the sugar found in fruit, all plant leave make and use it, but fruits like apples and pears etc. are sort of like storage for the next generation (the seeds inside). [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img] ...they also taste good so we eat em
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if you extracted juice from the sugarcane plant, evaporated the juice, then fed the fructose that was left behind to plants?

it seems like alot more trouble that feeding them fishfood or bugs [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Scott @ July 27 2004,11:34)]Hmm...good idea!

I've heard about this mainly with pumpkins. They'll cut into the vine and place a bowl of sugar water underneath to help it grow larger. It used to be one of the main tricks in growing those gigantic championship contest pumpkins you see on TV.

I've also heard that if you use beer instead of sugar, you'll get a pumpkin that has a beer flavor to it. Though I doubt anybody wants to eat a beer sundew
    You can kill slugs at the same time, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can u guys refer me to a site on how to propagate? imma newb and i need som help, if u can u can jus PM< me with the directions thnx
    Fly eats dung,plants eat fly, dog eats plant, asian eats dog
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/Feeding/Fed%20Fly.jpg[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pick off a leaf including a petiole, and just lay it on appropriet substrate and in a couple of weeks- a month is should make buds.

also, it gets annoying when people ressurect an old thread.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am not mistaken there are many sources of fructose to be boughten at grocery stores. If it is an interest to someone. I must admit I am curious. I am notorious for trying things with my plants to find loopholes in growth and propagation. Perhaps I will try this.
    One question: When you take leaf cuttings of Ceph are they in any more of a humid environment than the parents they come from?

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans&#33;\"

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been placing a clear dome over the ceph cuttings with 2 thin slits cut in the sides to the top.
    I had tried 3 cutting during the summer and all 3 turned brown and died in days.
    Maybe they do better when it's cooler in the tank. I'm also going to try it with no domes over the pots in a few months.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some success with ceph cuttings. I place them in live spag, sitting in a mix of water with a VERY dilute addition of superthrive and orchid fertilizer (the yellow one). Cover top of container loosely with plastic wrap. There are some problems on the moss with that slimey/webby fungus, but it doesn't seem to affect the leaf cuttings. It doesn't get warmer than 80-90F in my tank (room temp), the lights are high up and don't warm it at all.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast