Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first "real person" sculpt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LaVey self created himself as the first Satanic Pope and leader/founder of The Church of Satan, wrote a few books on the beauty of Satanism which enjoyed some popularity some decades ago based on some fabricated occult nonsense. His books were a collection of lies and perverted truth, but I suppose this was all in character for a Satanic Pope. The Sixties media sure sucked it up. HE is down below now, rubbing shoulders with little red guys with horns and pointed tails. Probably for the best....could you see wings and a halo on this guy??

I detested the man for his "Witch's Workshops", which had absolutely nothing to do with Wicca and cast further confusion on what Wicca was really about. (Wiccans do not even regognize the Christian concept of Satan or a Devil, let alone do homage to him!).

This is an apt rendition of his ugly visage: a masterful work by an obviously skilled and profoundly talented artist.

To each his own I guess.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    I figured this would probably be a controversial sculpt! A bit of a departure from the Calvin and Hobbes and other cartoony stuff I'd been doing lately. I'm just seeing what's possible for me to do, I might tackle a more known famous person next.
    I've always been a big fan of Christopher Walken both as "himself" in the movies or as "the Continental" from his various Saturday Night Live shows.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also wrote the satanic bible. Hm... I didnt know he was dead I guess the voodoo doll idea is outta the question
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still dont care who he is, but the sculpture looks great
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People on the toy sculpture board tell me he could also be considered as Ming the Mercilless (from I think Flash Gordon) so if you envision him with a leather skullcap... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is awesome!

I tried a bit of sculptin with milliput, back when I was way more into painting warzone miniatures...
    My attempts were all crap, but that one is far better than MANY production models out there!

Keep up the awesome work, I just love to see such talent!

My deepest respect /Quensel

PS. Really cool that you chose Mr. LaVey as a subject [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Quensel,

Thanks for the comments! I've never tried sculpting in Milliput (haven't found it anywhere either though). Were you sculpting those 28 mm miniatures? Those are impossible for me! I've tried to recreate a Warhammer Fantasy Battles miniature in 56 mm(double size) and it was horrible! I've recently found out that those production minis are actually originally sculpted at about 85 mm and pantographed down at the manufacturing plant to be the standard 28 mm size. Still that's a really amazing size to get all the details that those guys are able to do a whole figure that size!

I like to use Super Sculpey (you can get it at any craft related store). It has an indefinate working time until you bake it. After which it turns into a plastic like product which can then be sanded, polished and painted or cut apart and molded in silicone for toy/model kit manufacturing. If you ever wanna try sculpting again grab a block of this stuff and some small knitting needles (I have tons of tools but anton was done entirely with knitting needles). Outside the US if Super Sculpey isn't available look for Fimo by Eberhard Faber or Premo, Granitex or any "polymer clay" product. They're all generally the same. You smooth out tool marks and remove fingerprints with rubbing alcohol or lighter fluid (careful kiddies) and just bake for 20 minutes per 1/4 inch of thickness at 200*F, any higher it will usually blacken or crack-even though the packages always say 275*F for some reason...

Sorry for the ramble! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swords, you possess tremendous talent! Regardless of your subject matter, you have a gift most only dream of having.
    The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast