What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the video game lovers amongst us.

• Thread starter Fygee
  • Start date
Doom 3 will be out in a few days, and its looking to not only be the scariest game ever, but its a technological marvel to behold in terms of computer gaming graphics. Will anyone be picking this up once its out on August 3rd?

Here's the trailer.

http://download.gamespot.com/d3/free/action/doom3/doom3_tr720_wm.zip

For obvious reasons, parental guidance suggested on the traller, as its a scary, gory game and all. ;)

I remember playing Doom/Doom II back in the day on the computer. Just yesterday I found the software for Doom II. It was sweet and now I just play Madden Football.

I've been in the ID game since Wolfeinstein and I downloaded Doom on a 14.4k modem off a BBS.   It took 30 minutes, but I can still remember those first few steps and door and monster sounds...

I don't know if I'll be picking it up on the 3rd, but I will definately be playing it in the near future.

i dont have the computer or graphucs cards to play doom 3 in its full glory unfortunatly

I am more of a racing and rpg fan. Ratchet and Clank, and Grand Turismo are the ones I like....oh and I can't leave out Metroid for the Gamecube.

Not a fan of any of the Dooms though.

Metroid is one of my favorite series of all time. I spent so many hours as a young video game nut on my NES trying to find that god darn ice beam.
smile_n_32.gif
I can't wait for Prime 2, which looks to push the Gamecube to its limits in terms of graphics, and offer some excellent gameplay.

I also really like Ratchet and Clank, particularly Going Commando. A new one is coming out later this year, and it looks to be just as fun and amusing as the previous two.

Doom 3 is now officially out in select stores and mostly just for those who preordered, though not widely available until August 3rd. You can also get it through a different way *wink wink, nudge nudge*, but I still urge you to buy the game if you go that route, as its exceptionally well done.

Very much looking forward to D3 but will be unable to put it on computer as it is now. Will be waiting for the Xbox version to come out.

Looking forward to the new Ratchet and Clank "Up Your Arsenal". Gotta love their sense of humor
biggrin.gif

I haven't heard of Prime 2, but that's good news too!

Yeah, Prime 2 will be called Metroid Prime: Echoes. Its going to have a really cool system where you will have to fight and switch between two opposing dimensional realities, and it will be the first to feature any humans other than Samus.

Sweeeeeeeet.........Samus is a hotty
biggrin.gif

WHOA! Doom 3 is like being trapped in a horror movie!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back