There has been a lot of discussion here lately about various bugs, and how to kill them...well 95% of them should just be left alone![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
if you have bugs living on the surface of your soil (moss) dont bother to do anything about them at all..they are fine, and will do no harm to your plants at all..in fact, trying to kill them will likely *harm* your plants, because strong poisons are never good for anything, (including plants), and you will also be killing or repelling your plants food supply..
the only time you should be reaching for the bug spray is when bugs are actually EATING your plants!
like aphids, etc..
and even then, a simple rinse under the kitchen faucet will probably do a perfectly fine job of getting rid of them..
I think people are panicing needlessly in many cases..
and mold? mold is FINE!!
(except during dormancy)
a growth of mold on the surface of the moss does no harm at all..and if you have mold in a terrarium, you need to change the conditons..
you need more light and/or better ventelation..
that will kill the mold and be better for your plants..
mold is generally a sign that something is wrong with the growing conditions..
some molds are perfectly normal on wet moss..its just a good home for them!
unless mold is reaching up and strangling your plants, leave it alone..
mold is never a problem outdoors in full sunlight..
a few tiny bugs crawling across the moss is not a problem at all..
you dont need to do anything about them..