User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whoooooooooooohoooooooooo!

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 30 2004,5:01)]never said killing an animal was fun. i take the killing of an animal very seriously. anything other than a clean quick kill is frowned appon. and infact an animal that has its self pumped up from being poorly shot generally tastes quite bad. the experiance of hunting is an absolute blast though. your out in beautiful country, seeing all kinds of critters landscapes and plants. i dont go out and shoot anything that moves.

Rattler
    I can easily go to the countryside here and see all kinds of orchids and animals, plants and maybe CPs such as Drosera rotundifolia, I can do all that witout mercilesley slaughtering innocent animals.
    Dino
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't humans hunt but all other animals can? Many animals are crippled by other animals and that is ok but humans do that is not? Accidents happen while hunting animals, not every animal is going to be killed. If hunting does not kill them urban sprawl will or disease.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, Starman, animals that come from the factory farm process have far more miserable lives than ones that are hunted in the wild. Not only are they confined in unsanitary conditions, they are fed unnatural foods and generally treated poorly. And the slaughtering is not always done humanely at all.

I, too, don't think I could raise a gun and shoot an animal, but that's just me. I'm a suburban/city dweller. I realize eating meat is part of life for many of us, and I'd rather the animal spend it's life free and in the wild than cooped up on a factory farm.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Travis @ July 30 2004,5:14)]Why can't humans hunt but all other animals can? Many animals are crippled by other animals and that is ok but humans do that is not? Accidents happen while hunting animals, not every animal is going to be killed. If hunting does not kill them urban sprawl will or disease.
    I ask you to look around and to see how much damage humans have done with their precious hunting. Every dodo was killed, they are now gone for ever because of humans. Open your eyes. Many more animals are endangered because of humans. And so are many plants.
    Dino
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ July 30 2004,5:08)]I can do all that witout mercilesley slaughtering innocent animals.
    Dino
    Starman
    To go around saying hunting animals in the wild is mercilesly slaughtering innocent animals is not appropriate.

You have voiced your opinion and that is fine. As have others. There are many valid reasons for both sides of the discussion. Lets keep it at that.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ July 30 2004,2:08)]
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 30 2004,5:01)]never said killing an animal was fun. i take the killing of an animal very seriously. anything other than a clean quick kill is frowned appon. and infact an animal that has its self pumped up from being poorly shot generally tastes quite bad. the experiance of hunting is an absolute blast though. your out in beautiful country, seeing all kinds of critters landscapes and plants. i dont go out and shoot anything that moves.

Rattler
    I can easily go to the countryside here and see all kinds of orchids and animals, plants and maybe CPs such as Drosera rotundifolia, I can do all that witout mercilesley slaughtering innocent animals.
    Dino
    Dude, He does it to feed his family, there is nothing malicious in his actions. This is a natural thing.. Please realize he takes no joy in the act of killing.. more in the action of eating [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img], If you wanted to argue the point that killing an animal to feed people.. just the act of it, is inhumane.. then you best start thinking about the aptly named slaughterhouses again. Go to any part of the world and you will likely find stalls that offer freshly killed meat, In Penang there are Day markets that hold small animals for sale for food, and offer pork and beef from hooks.
    It's food, all of it. He's not hunting for the kill.
    --
    Doubt that helped any hehe.. but there's not much a 14 year old can talk about.
    That said, Gratz Rattler, as I understand some of those tags are rather hard to get, I've known some people who have waited years.
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never hunted in my life, and I very likely never will,
    but I totally support hunters and am totally in favor of hunting in general..
    if someone eats meat and says "ohh boo hoo, poor innocent animals, hunters are so cruel" they should feel ashamed..and they are very ignorant..
    they should PREFER they get their meat from hunters rather than the supermarket!!
    beef (or pork, or chicken, etc) bought from a store came from animals that had terrible lives, raised and killed on factory farms, never to know freedom..personally, I think getting meat from "the wild" is MUCH better!!
    and besides, its totally natural..humans are omnivores, we naturally eat meat and plants..we were made to hunt..we just happen to be at the top of the food chain!

only strict vegans have the right to say "ohh boo hoo poor innocent animals!"
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] thats fine then..

all my life I have had relatives who hunt..I have had lots of venison! yum!
    and I just had Elk last year, and it was great!

If I were a deer, I would prefer to go quickly by a gun shot or an arrow, rather than slowly die of starvation because the deer populations are out of control..hunting is better for the deer..in general..maybe not so good for some individual deer! but its much healthier for the whole population..
    and..its the way the Great Spirit intends it, its the way he designed the world..for all of us, humans and deer alike..
    does anyone get upset when a cheetah brings down a gazelle?
    when a housecat kills a rat?
    when a Eagle snatches a fish out of the water?
    thats no different than people going hunting..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starman
    Humans have altered the earth greatly and the vast majority of extinct species are the result, not from hunting but larger changes in environment. Your getting really off topic here.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast