User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: For the presidencial fense sitters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 03 2004,9:15)]My dear Scotty, you missed the point of my post....You ARE right about those who are ALREADY extremists. They are a lost cause, and they need to be stopped. HOWEVER the average Iraqi is just like the average American. They don't really want to kill anyone. Some of then are even eager to learn how to rebuild their own country. THOSE are the ones, I would argue, should be given education.

As for any that do raise arms against us, well, they should be dealt with. However, you cannot condemn the masses for the actions of a few. It seems like your perception of them as all evil, death seeking pschopaths may have been slightly colored by propoganda. Only bad news makes money, so all you'll ever hear about are the bad people over there. You won't hear about the average Joe just trying to feed his family.
    No, I didnt miss your point at all!
    I wasnt talking about "the masses"..
    I know perfectly well that the majority of average Iraqi citizens are happy we toppled Saddam! (which goes against some *other* propaganda we all have heard!

Quote[/b] ]It seems like your perception of them as all evil, death seeking pschopaths may have been slightly colored by propoganda.
    no, it has not been colored by propaganda.
    it has been colored by cold hard facts..
    I have been to lower Manhattan since 9/11.
    those towers really are gone.
    3,000 innocent Americians really did die.
    thats where my "perception" of them as "evil, death seeking pschopaths" is coming from..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I wasnt talking about "the masses"..
    I know perfectly well that the majority of average Iraqi citizens are happy we toppled Saddam! (which goes against some *other* propaganda we all have heard!
    Scotty, sorry buddy! Sounded like you wanted them ALL dead in your post. I guess I thought you wanted to turn that whole area of the world into a giant, self-lit parking lot.

And I LIVE in NY. I drive past that crater once a week. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what transpired.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 03 2004,9:36)]
    Quote[/b] ]I wasnt talking about "the masses"..
    Scotty, sorry buddy! Sounded like you wanted them ALL dead in your post. I guess I thought you wanted to turn that whole area of the world into a giant, self-lit parking lot.

And I LIVE in NY. I drive past that crater once a week. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what transpired.
    No! thats not what I meant at all!!
    I just re-read my post, and I *think* it was clear that I was only talking about the terrorists..the "extremists"..
    sorry if it wasnt clear!
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 03 2004,9:36)]And I LIVE in NY. I drive past that crater once a week. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what transpired.
    wow, that must be something to drive by there all the time!
    were you close enough to see everything on 9/11?
    I was there last summer, and it was absolutely stunning to see the skyline for the first time with the towers GONE!!
    I know New York city very well..I LOVE the town!
    I went to college in New Paltz, across the river from Poughkeepsie..we used to take the Metro North into NYC all the time..I was up on top of the WTC many times..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the smoke still rising 2 days afterwards as I crossed Long Island Sound on the Whitestone Bridge.

Seeing that giant, gaping whole where two buildings once stood every time I cross that bridge really, really hurts....Still.

I'm only down that way once a week (well, not at the moment, as a newborn demands much attention), but that's enough to keep the image fresh.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant disagree with you on that, capslock because you are absolutly right.

Quote[/b] ]you people dont get it..THEY WANT TO KILL US ALL!!!!!!!!!!
    Too right. I remember seeing a video statement by a prominent al-quehitd operetibe declaring that " A attack can only be declared a arab victory 2 million amaricans are killed"

blast them all

Or better- give them the most embarising death of all

Death by penny!
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I feel that, while the initial invasion of Iraq was misguided, we now have a commitment to the Iraqi people that we can't pull out of now. We started this war (In Iraq, at least), and we can't just withdraw our troops just because we're tired of hearing about it. If we leave now these Iraqi extremist groups WILL seize power and then all we've done is created a true terror state to replace the haven Al Qaida lost in Afghanistan.

Also, Bush is not much better than Clinton. They BOTH had intelligence that could have prevented 9/11, they BOTH could have taken the fight to Al Qaida much sooner. I', not saying it's more Bush's fault that Clinton's, but to heap all the blame on one president is a tad shortsighted. Bush has made many mistakes as president, some on foreign policy, some on domestic policy. I personally don't agree with him at all. I don't see why I should feel obligated to automatically agree with what he does. This is America, I'm allowed to disagree with my president if I feel like it. And I sure as heck am not going to vote for him based solely on the War on Terror. Yes, we've been safe from terrorist attacks, but think about this: Between the 1993 bombing of the WTC to 9/11, how many major terrorist attacks have been carried out in the US (Not counting McVeigh and the Unabomber)? I'm not saying our government isn't acting to prevent future attacks, but attacks on that kind of scale don't happen very often. To say that 9/11 would not happen while Bush is in office (picks up rock off of ground) is a bit like me saying this rock keeps tigers away. There no guarantee another attack will not happen again regardless of who is in office, but considering how badly the reconstruction of Iraq has been handled I don't feel that Bush is as equipped to handle this as some other candidates might be.

PS: If you disagree with me I have no problem with that, but flame me and I WILL take retribution. I'm all uop for discussion, but do not scream at me or patronize me. That is all.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kerry -65%
    Kuchini- 63%
    Bush- 20%

Not all that surprised really. I don't agree with some of things Bush has done, but I also don't like Kerry all that much. Seems shady to me and gets caught in some mixups depending on who he is talking to. Going to be a sticky time either way from what I am gathering no matter who is in office. They will have this huge mess with Iraq to deal with and that is going to take time, money, and resources. Not a good time to jump into presidency when Americans are having doubts.
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/CP.jpg

\"You think the riddle of steel was bad, wait'll you try to wrap yer head around the riddle of peat\" ~mabudon

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast