What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad news about tamlin

• Thread starter sundewrex
  • Start date
William sprained his back a week ago, hope he will get well soon.

rex

Get well soon Tamlin.
smile.gif
Is he in Hospital, sundewrex?
smile_h_32.gif

Dino
cool.gif

I don't know more,just received an e-mail of him that he was hurt:(

rex

I hope your recovery is a speedy one. Just watch out for that pot of drosera that keeps getting closer to your bed...

Oh No!
smile_h_32.gif

My wife just had an MRI on her back...constant pain. It's no fun when you're back is out!

Tamlin, I hope you recover quickly....We want you...er...back!

No he is not in the hospital (at least not the last that I heard). He is often laying on the ground as that seams to help... And rarely getting to the computer or to tend to the plants. He did mention that his "VFTs are looking good right now!" hehe so that's good to hear. Also, he recently has another muscle affected, he feels it is from over compensation for the one that was hurting. Get well my friend!!
LOL @ Nick.
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew

to worry, I am on the mend. I was lying on some rocks watching the air show here recently. The rock was on an incline, and I had my head at the low part. When I tried to sit up, I stained some rarely used muscles since it has been a long time that I have done any sit ups. The back spasms have stopped, and I am up and about after a week of lying flat. I am trying to take it easy, but that isn't easy for me to do. Tomorrow is the Bob Dylan concert and I am GOING even if I have to lie on the ground.

Oh no! back injury + Bob Dylan concert = BAD!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (NickHubbell @ Aug. 05 2004,7:45)]I hope your recovery is a speedy one. Just watch out for that pot of drosera that keeps getting closer to your bed...
LOL!
laugh.gif

I once heard that once you sprained your back, it will never be the same again. Hopefully I heard wrong. Anyway that doesn't matter as your passion will always be there, eh?
smile_m_32.gif
Just take it easy...one one will die waiting for dosera seeds...

Hey my cousin is a HUGE fan of Bob Dylan's...
smile_m_32.gif

Hope it feels back to normal soon Tamlin! Have fun at the Bob Dylan concert!

Sorry to hear about that Tamlin. Hope for a speedy recovery. Lucky to go see Bob Dylan. I like the song Rainy Day Woman and others of course.

Lucky you, Tamlin. I'd love to go to that show!

Take it easy on your back for a while! Back injuries take a long time to heal, and I know how debilitating they can be. Also, don't be afraid to take some ibuprofen, not only does it relieve pain, but make the healing go a LOT faster. Once your muscles start to spasm, they create all kinds of problems, and don't allow any healing. This is one area where I'm a believer in modern medicine.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This is one area where I'm a believer in modern medicine.

If only he would listen to that!  
confused.gif
 There ARE times modern medicine can do good things.

Rest up and get better.

Tamlin,
Be careful and take care of yourself. There are few of us old-timer CP growers left. We can't afford to lose anybody. Especially someone as good at passing the torch as you are.

OUCH! so sorry; get well soon!

Can you picture Tamlin dictating topic replies to Valerie?
smile_m_32.gif

Oh for pity's sake! I am FINE, I just had a lower back sprain, and I am on the mend. Not ready to go dancing, but I am off the tylenol and have been getting seeds out and tending my plants. So quit fussin.

I promise to take it light at the Dylan show. I might be overextending myself a mite, but both Bobby and I aren't getting any younger and I have only seen him 7 times. George (my mandolin player) said Dylan was as close to religion as he would likely get to, and so worth the 50.00 and the two and a half hour drive. Said he wouldn't do that for the Pope.

I named my son Aaron Dylan, so I guess that says how I feel about it. That old, raspy throated, vocally slurred, skinny and hunched over guy has a real big chunk of my heart and soul. I can sing "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowland" and "Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts" Lotsa words there, and not many hook together in any sense. The first took me a week to memorize - we never perform it since the audience always dies of old age before we finish it.

YEah, nice to be BACK Dave, all seriousness aside.

Glad your doing better Tamlin.I have three herniated disks in my back and I know how the spasms feel!Take care Tamlin.

Jerry

Thank goodness it's just a sprang, your post title near gave me a heat attack. I hope you feel better soon Tamlin. I did that at my 8th grade school grad dance along with both my ankles one hip and a knee so I know how painfull it can be. Best of luck with a speedy recovery to you!

Back