What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might not be on as much as i used to

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
update :

today we went through her stuff, we got some pictures and we went to pick out a casjet and a vault. we made plans for the funeral etc etc.

You have a wonderful attitude and I'm sure your Grandmother is so proud of you during this hard time. My sympathy goes out to you.

lol, thank you so much! i'm not quite sure if it's my attitude or the xanax, but something's working!

i recently lossed someone close to the family. it was really hard. I remmeber crying through the whole funeral.

Clint,
I am sorry to here your grandmother has passed away.  I would however suggest you ease up on the xanax.  Grief is never easy to deal with, but it is a part of the process our hearts need to heal after a loss.  My mother passed away 3 months ago and my father this last Saturday.  So I think I can say I understand your loss.  Take some time to grieve and morn.  You were strong enough to stick with her till the end.  Some people wouldn't have been able to do that and show their love for a person who is dying.  I think you will be strong enough to deal with the heart ache without the crutch of a medication.  I hope I don't come across too harsh.  I just don't like to use medications unless it is absolutely necessary.  I will have you and your family in my thoughts an prayers.

Steve

JLAP - so sorry to hear of your loss.  It is very hard to lose someone you are close to.  And
Steve - my condolences to you, too, on your losses.  Losing your parents so close together must be very difficult.  I agree with you, too, on allowing oneself to grieve & not try to avoid it with a drugged state.

i knew someone would have something to say
smile.gif

trust me you guys, i'm taking a half a pill only when i need it. that's only 1.25 mg's of xanax. i'm only taking it when i need it (like, twice a day, sometimes one, sometimes none) and it's perscribed.

i'm sitting here in a suit and i'm about to head out the door to my grandmothers funeral. i saw her in the casket yesterday and the makeup-people at the funeral home did a TERRIBLE job. they plucked her eyebrows a weird way so she looks evil. she NEVER plucked her eyebrows.

That's why I don't do viewings. I want to remember a person the way they were when they were alive.
confused.gif

i'm home now. the minister did a beautiful sermon : - ) her vault with bright pink so it glittered in the sun- that's so her! she liked anything pink and sparkly
smile.gif

JBL's plant came today- it was BEUATIFUL! everyone thought it was a flower arrangement, but it was really a sarracenia! it was fabulous and beautiful and i know Granny loved it! i'm going to send him a thank-you card tomorrow. i'm SO happy it came in time.

It makes things much better when you know the minister did a good job. Last funeral I was at, the minister did an awesome job. It makes you feel much better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 11 2004,2:41)]she liked anything pink and sparkly
smile.gif
Hi JLAP,
I'm so happy that the plant could be displayed. Had I known pink was her favorite color, I would have sent a rubra ssp. wherryi x alata hybrid. It gets beautiful pink flowers! It's not blooming now, but we'll keep in touch through the forums and I'll send one next spring.
JBL
smilie4.gif

that's not nessicary, you've done so much already!
her nickname was pinkie back in highschool ^_^

A pink casket? That's cool. She wouldn't happened to have had a pink cadillac as well? Anyhow, I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I think I may have some dried sarracenia flowers at home, I will check. I'm no expert dryer (I cut them and left them in the garage on a table) but I'd like to send them to you if they're still there. Even if it's not next year, you can look at the dried flowers people send you as a nice reminder of a nice lady.
biggrin.gif

I'm a very strange person.. I rarely actually cry about anything.. Even when both my great aunts, who I was very close to, passed away, I didn't actually cry.. I tend to mourn and grieve on the inside. My grandmother calls me "weird" for that.. we went to go see Seabiscuit one time, and by the end, she was going through the tissues at a mile a minute, but I didn't cry one bit.. I LOVED the movie, but I just don't cry over much.. I guess I'm just not a very outwardly-emotional person. Although I DID cry over many a X-Files episode.. expecially the time period towards the end of the 8th season and the beginning of the 9th. This is when David Duchovny quit the show, and the producers made it work by having Mulder get abducted by aliens.. permanently >_< I sobbed for.. ever.

well, the outside of the casket was oak, but the inside was pink, and the vault was pink. and yeah she DID had a pink cadillac when my mom was still a teenager
smile.gif
she likes anything pink and sparkly
smile.gif

Back