Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your roots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Me greatgrandfather was born on the boat coming over from Ireland! *said with a lilting brogue* Next, I think there's a bit French, English, Dutch. No Scotch - no, thanks, I'm driving. No Scottish, either (but you never can tell with us mongrels, there might be a smidgen). It's quite popular right now to be a Scot. I do look good in plaid... And if you're anywhere near Liverpool, New York (that's the one in the U.S.) this Saturday, there will be Scottish Games then. A lot of fun! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Cole - Since those of the Church of LDS hold a lot by their ancestry, you might start by hunting in Utah (virtually). There are supposed to be great records there.
    jimscott - you're just out of this world. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    My name Dawnstar is a creation of my own using names from my mother- one she gave me & one she wanted to give me, thus - Matrilineal.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Colieo @ Aug. 10 2004,7:13)].......BTW, does anyone know of a site where you can research your geneology?
    The only one I know of is a pay site. Haven't heard of any free sites.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    German Professor, Irish student.. Great great Grandparents.
    German/irish G.Grandfather+French German Wife
    German/irish/french Grandfather+French/German Grandmother

German/irish/french Mother+German/french/Dutch Father
    German/Irish/French/Dutch me.. I take after German relatives the most though
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Valerie. I think. Actually, my grandparent fled Europe during WW1. One was from Poland and the other from Russia.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    *cough* I'm German. Really really German. My parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great -You get the idea- All, German. On my mother's side there's a HUGE family tree at the family castle, guess where all the people on the tree are from? I know that I have some Prussian blood, but look at your geography [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] Really, I'm just German, very very German [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]. That's right ladies and gentleman, no need to worry, I'm this pale for a reason [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me, or is this the first time I've seen Bjorn in, like....... ever? *jumps on him* WELCOME BAAAAAAAACK!

I'm strongly Irish, because I found out that my last name is VERY Irish, and also Scottish, German (hmm.. maybe that's where my grossly light skin comes from.. I hate it -_- It took the worst and most agonizing sunburn of my life to get even the slightest tan >_<) and some others over there, and I have some Indian, possibly Canadian Indian, from my dad's side.. not sure, though, I never knew him.. might ask my mom.. I have Canadian Indian in me anyways, because my my great uncle, Frank, the brain of the family, found out that my great-great-grandmother was strongly Cree, so I have strong Cree ancestry. Funny thing is, I'm a Florida native, but I have no Seminole in me whatsoever.. of course, that's probably because I am the only Florida native in the whole entire family O_o
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the note of skin color.. I'm not pale.. I'm pink.. really pink.. I've earned the nickname Kirby in highschool because I'm big and pink.. and well since I'm only a sophmore.. I have 3 more years of Kirby.. oh how fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] *groan*
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to add to this one. These parts are generally back to great great grandparents.

Part Romany Gypsy, Danish, Mexican, Polish Jew, Hungarian, English and some African influence.

Beat that.
    &#39;He who sees things from the beginning will have the finest view of them&#39; Aristotle 384-322 AD

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast