What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your roots

Italian on my mothers side and everything on my dads side..

I'm 100% German and thankfully 0% Nazi. I'm innocent I swear! You'll never take me alive!! Joking
smile_n_32.gif

hmmmmmmmmmm im a MUTT
smile_n_32.gif
i suppose im prolly about 1/3 Norwiegain, 1/4 German. the rest is English, Irish, Scottish, French-Canadian and prolly a few other things. half of my family has been in the states since atleast the begining to mid 1800s prolly earlier. the other side came over in the last 125 years from Norway.

Rattler

cool, do you know what area of Norway they camed from?

25% polish some american indian and some other stuff.

Lol. rattler I think most of us are mutts:p

i wish i did but all my great grandparents that came from over there died long before i was born. i may be able to ask my grandmother and find out though.

Rattler

Im from bosnia, and I half bosnian half croatian.
blues.gif

I came to England when I was 7.

So Dino...your heritage is half Bosnian/half Croation. But you've lived in England almost half your life. So...do you feel more English...and like "home" is England? Or do you feel you are Bosnian/Croation and "home" is Bosnia? Is your accent mixed with an English accent?

Nope, I still have my old accent, and I think I always will. I generally call both places home.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

I'm mostly German(well, actually Prussian; ancestors emigrated to the US before it was called Germany) & Sweedish, with some Swiss, Scottish, English, and French.

I'm swedish, english, irish, german, french, and the rest are too small to count. I'm told my ancestors were traced back to being on the mayflower (on my dad's side) and related to andrew jackson and also part of the christians who had to flee france when they didn't like them, I forgot what the name of them were though.

Who knows though if its all really true, they say they have proof lol but I have yet to see it. But thats what they tell me my roots are.

1st generation American - 100% Danish

I can even pronounce your name Bjorn. I just can't figure out how to get my computer to type the correct letter (vowel).

If I spoke to you in Danish, could you understand?

Glenn
smile_n_32.gif

well, I do understand a bit Glenn, not much, Danish is like Norwegian but with a potetoe in their throat
laugh.gif

Hey Dino, I spent a couple weeks in the former Yugoslavia a while back (before things went crazy over there.) I found Dubrovnik to be one of the cooler places I've ever been! Pretty much everything was great over there, from Sarajevo (sp?), Zagreb, and all the beaches!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (horticulturist @ Aug. 09 2004,12:50)]I'm 100% German and thankfully 0% Nazi.
Ahhh ja there are 80 million of us and I would say <50000 are Nazis today... !!!

Vulcan & Romulan!

I believe I am nearly 100% German in ancestry. With a name like Dietrich on one side, and Downhour on the other, can I deny it??
smile.gif
BTW, does anyone know of a site where you can research your geneology?

Cole

Irish(drink up)!! Dutch!!! and... english... erg....
and Italian!

Back