What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your roots

Me greatgrandfather was born on the boat coming over from Ireland!  *said with a lilting brogue* Next, I think there's a bit French, English, Dutch.  No Scotch - no, thanks, I'm driving.  No Scottish, either (but you never can tell with us mongrels, there might be a smidgen).  It's quite popular right now to be a Scot.  I do look good in plaid...  And if you're anywhere near Liverpool, New York (that's the one in the U.S.) this Saturday, there will be Scottish Games then.  A lot of fun!  
laugh.gif

Cole - Since those of the Church of LDS hold a lot by their ancestry, you might start by hunting in Utah (virtually).  There are supposed to be great records there.
jimscott - you're just out of this world.  
biggrin.gif

My name Dawnstar is a creation of my own using names from my mother- one she gave me & one she wanted to give me, thus -  Matrilineal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colieo @ Aug. 10 2004,7:13)].......BTW, does anyone know of a site where you can research your geneology?
The only one I know of is a pay site.  Haven't heard of any free sites.

German Professor, Irish student.. Great great Grandparents.
German/irish G.Grandfather+French German Wife
German/irish/french Grandfather+French/German Grandmother

German/irish/french Mother+German/french/Dutch Father
German/Irish/French/Dutch me.. I take after German relatives the most though

Thanks, Valerie. I think. Actually, my grandparent fled Europe during WW1. One was from Poland and the other from Russia.

*cough*  I'm German.  Really really German.  My parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great -You get the idea-  All, German.  On my mother's side there's a HUGE family tree at the family castle, guess where all the people on the tree are from?  I know that I have some Prussian blood, but look at your geography
smile_n_32.gif
Really, I'm just German, very very German
smile_n_32.gif
.  That's right ladies and gentleman, no need to worry, I'm this pale for a reason
smile_n_32.gif

Is it just me, or is this the first time I've seen Bjorn in, like....... ever? *jumps on him* WELCOME BAAAAAAAACK!

I'm strongly Irish, because I found out that my last name is VERY Irish, and also Scottish, German (hmm.. maybe that's where my grossly light skin comes from.. I hate it -_- It took the worst and most agonizing sunburn of my life to get even the slightest tan >_<) and some others over there, and I have some Indian, possibly Canadian Indian, from my dad's side.. not sure, though, I never knew him.. might ask my mom.. I have Canadian Indian in me anyways, because my my great uncle, Frank, the brain of the family, found out that my great-great-grandmother was strongly Cree, so I have strong Cree ancestry. Funny thing is, I'm a Florida native, but I have no Seminole in me whatsoever.. of course, that's probably because I am the only Florida native in the whole entire family o_O

On the note of skin color.. I'm not pale.. I'm pink.. really pink.. I've earned the nickname Kirby in highschool because I'm big and pink.. and well since I'm only a sophmore.. I have 3 more years of Kirby.. oh how fun
smile.gif
*groan*

Had to add to this one. These parts are generally back to great great grandparents.

Part Romany Gypsy, Danish, Mexican, Polish Jew, Hungarian, English and some African influence.

Beat that.

Wow, bigbreakinl!!! Now that's a great combination! You have a bit of everything there. Mutts rule!!!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

my grandpa on my moms side is Scotish his parents were from there = Henderson same clan as all these other peep's  blue and yellow Tartan i imagin , his wife my grandma is spanish her parents were from moya spane a provinence i think .
my dads side there is some more spanish , his grandmother was spanish her husband was norwiegen dun know his last name tho .my aunt did the reserch lol
and my Grate grandfather came over from Germany right B4 war broke out ( they sent him away because he was allways in trouble) don't know anything about his wife except she was native american.

so i got a German last name but i'm naturaly tan it's weird i don't burn but i don't get darker in the sun

and if you ask me i have all the good look's  in the family!!!!

F1 American...lol

Am I the only Azn here?

okey, my turn, let's dig deeper:

like I said, I'm half Norwegian and half Malay, on my Norwegian side are mostly from Sunnmøre and Romsdal area but I have roots futher from south like Hardanger.  my last name isn't the original name we used cause we change from Hovden to Jensen long time ago when Norway was a part of Denmark and taking Danish name with -sen was very popular. on my grandmother side in Norway is from the Rødberg (not sure with the spelling) and Risvik famile ( have relative in North Dakota I think, one of them has the same name as I, Norman. lol) my gradfather mother is from the Knutson famile in Ålesund and his father from Jensen in Sula (originaly from Sykkulven).  on my dad side their is a bit of a mystery, everybody is called a uncle or an aunt over their and they use the "bin" and "binte" system (son/daugther of .... like Osama bin Ladin, Osama, son of Laden. Osama kids get his first name as their last name like Aziz Bin Osama, complicated ehh). my dad is from the Negeri Sembilan state but their is a mix from a tribe from Sumatra long time ago, I know that because the women of the family rules mostly everyting, especially how to use the money,  wich was typical from that tribe in Sumatra.

well, that all about me...

Irish (mostly), 3/8 French, 1/8 Indian = 1 hot tempered, Dark Auburn haired, Cop

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Aug. 28 2004,5:52)]Irish (mostly), 3/8 French, 1/8 Indian = 1 hot tempered,  Dark Auburn haired, Cop
An intresting combination. But, youre fun Copper, how can you be hot tempered?
confused.gif

It seems a lot of you guys have got roots from Europe, mostly from the U.K. I have still to see someone with roots from Bosnia and/or Croatia tho.

You all have these intresting combinations because, before America was America, there was lots of ppl living there, French, ppl from the U.K, German and various other ppl.
If different races live next to each other, they are bound to mix with each other. Then ppl left, and ppl stayed etc.

Dino
cool.gif

I gotta a friend whos ancestors are from Croatia. He's trying to grow an Afro
laugh.gif

hahaha lol

im part english part stupid part smart a littel obsessed and part cp but thats a different story

stupid laser with the photon electrobse hu did i write that lol

My roots? PFT!

Seriously though...

My fathers grandpas side was from sicily, my fathers grandmas side is from italy somewhere, my mothers grandpas side was from scotland, the same clan as william wallice... My mothers grandmas side.... Who knows
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hey, Spec's back! Cool!

Capslocl

Back