What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New camera pics

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
000_0018.JPG

000_0019.JPG

000_0024.JPG

Couple of teasers...Forgot to resize the rest..Gee...and I wondered why it was taking so long to up load them...duh.

ahhhhh oooohhhhhh

Which camera did you get? Those first 2 are funny looking Nepenthes though.

Tony

Hi Schloaty
Great photos,the Aristol looks good.

Bye for now Julian

Hey Tony, it's the Kodak easyshare dx something-or-other. 6.1 MP. Has a macro feature...I'm still practicing. I didn't resize my best pic yet, though, and I didn't want to kill the dial up users. Might get to it tonight (if the baby is sleeping).

Looks like a pretty nice camera. 6.1 MP is great! I'd like to see one of those pictures at their best quality! Looking forward to it
biggrin.gif

Yar! 6.1 mp is a lot! Takes nice pics.
cool.gif

Dustin, that's the one! I started looking for digi cams about 3 weeks ago, and in that time I saw the price of 6 MP cameras fall and fall. Figured what the heck, why get 5mp when you can get 6?

Thanks Julian! I am still working on how to get really good quality photos....practice makes perfect, right? That said, Firewire, I think the camera IS on the best setting....though I had to reduce the pic size for the web....

Nice pics Dave! That aristol is looking great!
smile.gif
:eek:

Eeeeeehhhhhhh
Ahhhhhhhhhhh
Ooooooohhhh
smile.gif

well, its not all about megapixels... How is the optical lense on it?

er? optical lense? If you mean focal length (for macro) it's 10 cm.

Kinda..... To keep it simple, the opticle lense is the quality/magnification of the lense... It should be somewhere on the box or manual. With an optical lense with say, 2X, you arent gonna get good macros... I'd reccomend an optical lense that matches the MP (6.0 X optical lense/zoom)... Most people say it doesnt matter, but I personally think it really does
confused.gif

Any imput Dustin
smile_m_32.gif

well, my zoom is 3x optical and 4 x digital.

6 megapixel is SOOOOO unnecessary!
5 megapixel is SOOOOOO unnecessary!
4 megapixel is more than you will ever need for 99.999999% of the pictures you will ever take with a digital camera..
3 megapixel is perfectly fine for 95% of the pictures you will ever take with a digital camera!

this megapixel stuff is starting to get a bit ridiculous..
for a 4X6 print, you will never see the difference between a  3 megapixel camera image and a 6 megapixel..
and for a photo on-line, ditto!

the only time you will ever "need" a 4,5 or 6 megapixel image is if you want to make a really huge, poster-sized photo..
like 4X6 feet or larger..
and how often does anyone do that??

with all the cameras out now, just shop based on the features you want..
you can safely ignore megapixel count..
its gotten to the point now thats megapixel count is meaningless..
why pay for something you will never see or use?
bigger is not necessarily better..

megapixels is the LAST thing you should consider when buying a camera..

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums....um_id=2

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,117456,00.asp

Scot

AHA! not so! When you want to crop & enlarge, like some of us do with out macro-photography, megapixels DO become relevant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Sep. 13 2004,9:13)]AHA!  not so!  When you want to crop & enlarge, like some of us do with out macro-photography, megapixels DO become relevant.
5 and 6 megapixels seldom become relevant, even for cropping..
unless you are cropping out a VERY tiny portion of the original photo..but again, how many people do that? and how often?
and for the average user, they dont even know what cropping means! much less how to do it..
smile_m_32.gif

all im saying is that I bet for 99.9% of the photos being taken by 99.9% of photographers, a 4 megapixel is just as good as a 6 megapixel..people are paying extra for something they dont need..
and there are now cases where more megapixels makes a WORSE image!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

because they are cramming more pixels onto a smaller, inferior sensor..
its possible to have a 3-megapixel *quality* camera take MUCH better photos than a 6-megapixel *cheap* camera..
(*cheap* in quality..not cost)
and the 6 megapixel *cheap* camera can cost hundreds of dollars more than the much better 3-megapixel camera..

sure, in some, rare, cases the 6 megapixel is justified!
but very very seldom..

all im saying is, dont pay attention to megapixels when shopping for a camera..its no longer important..
basically, I would ignore it completely..

Scot

LL I know is my moms new higher megapixel camera gets lots better pics. Of course it has macro lotsa optical zoom......

Back