What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unbeleivable!

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
My banana palm went from near death 8" in spring to over 8' now and continuing at 1 leaf a week on the mother and 1 1/2 a week on the baby shoot.

Yes, you sticklers I know there is a place for "Other plants", but I am speaking generally about my banana and the how it apparently likes NE weather.

BTW, we are having very unseasonably cold weather, like 40's at night and highs of 60-70's

Joe

Yeah, we have been having the same kind of weather here. Kind of strange.

This is a little off topic.......but I was just curious if you got Lightwave 3D.

A friend of mine has a pretty impressive one growing here (near Buffalo/Niagara Falls)

It had one leaf at the beginning of the season, it has many now..... Not sure about it currently, though, as she dug it up and moved it and last I saw it yesterday it was looking sorta grim...

I, too, was surprised at how well it seemed to be doing, although she dug it up and took it inside over winter, Did you leave yours outside all winter, S.I.Hope??

This is mines first year. As I understand it we have a winter much like what would be experienced in Buffalo (assuming you mean NY). It will go in, we bottom out in double digit -'s for weeks at a time or highs in the single digit for a few hours a day.

Joe

Firewired, No I haven't got it. I probably won't since it is for my enjoyment and that is quite a drop in the hat for a hobby in 1 shot.

Somebody say Buffalo, New York? That is where we are spending our next week, for vacation. My wife is from Western New York, and I am originally from Long Island / Bronx. Buffalo isn't as cold as where I went to college - Plattsburgh, NY and doesn't get as much snow as Rochester and Syracuse. One bad snowfall in 1977 and Buffalo gets a bad reputation.

Joe, yep, same here, (although being Canadian I think in Centigrade) but it rarely get's down past 0 fahrenheit here, but the double digit -'s then maybe 1 degree above freezing for a bit in the afternoon is the pattern- do you plan on doing anything special for the wintering???

JimScott, Buffalo, yep, that was me, I was referring to Buffalo NY
I live about 30 minutes away from there, on the Canadian side... hopefully you bring some sun and some heat, we're counting on ya
smile.gif

Back