What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

I have seen a lot of new people joining lately and thought it might be a good idea to have Reintroductions for some of the long time member and Introductions for the new ones.

I will start

I'm 16 years old and have been growing CP for over 12 years now. I grow my carnivorous plants in a 8' x 12' greenhouse, a freezer I converted into a highland Nepenthes Greenhouse and most of my Sarracenia are grown outside in the summer. I'm working on building another greenhouse for my highland Nepenthes that are out growing the freezer. I'm live in Colorado Springs CO. My favorite genus of carnivorous plants are the Nepenthes. My most wanted plant is a N. edwardsiana. I grow about 325 deferent species and hybrids of CPs my grow list can be found here I'm always looking to trade so please let me know is you have something for trade that's is not on that list.

well I think that's it.

so whose next.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Me next:

Hello Eveybody, I am 12 years old and I have been interested In CPs for most of my life, I just started getting into them Seriously This year. I am a person of many hobbies, such as, but not limited to, Scorpion Keeping, Reptile keeping, Rock collecting, Fossil collecting, Rawk Music, Swimming,Sculpting, drawing, and of course Carnivorous plants. I keep all my plants on my windowsill in the Detroit, MI area. I am Mostly interested In Drosera. I'm looking for any plant I can get
biggrin.gif

Grim E. Reaper

I already introduced myself (sort of) but since everyone's coming here I thought I would too :p
I'm 16, from mexico, living in NC (USA) now, I LOVE nature (plants, animals, fungi, some protozoans... I don't really LIKE bacteria but I don't mind them... some of them are really cool though... and are very important!!!! and archae are definatelly cool) I LOVE many plants, they're addictive after all!!! (don't get the wrong idea!!!!
smile_n_32.gif

I also like raising stuff, I've raised:
tadpoles, salamander larvae, fruit flies, daphnia, hydra, fish, etc
and right now I have a cecropia moth cocoon and three (2 males and 1 I don't know yet... PLEASE let it be a female!!!) luna moth cocoons. I also have a guineapig called chubby (for obvious reasons!! LOL) 2 lovebirds (in my picture... the white/blue one is caribe and the green/red one is mango), a millipede, daphnia, flatworms, and snails (LOL...)
I like soft rock.

lets see im 22 years old and live in Wolf Point MT. i have a variety of CPs from a VFT to Utrics and have been growing them for most of a year now. i seem to be concentrating more on Utrics and Nepenthes but have some odd ball Drosera too. at the moment im growing everything under flourecent lights but hope to have a greenhouse built by next fall. i also grow orchids espeially any of the not so common ones. im a bit of a rockhound too.

Rattler

my name is kirk, im 13, i've been growin for almost a year, i live in colorado springs colorado too

I'm Joel, I'm 23, and I've been interested in cps for most of my life too. I grew them off and on for a few years. This summer I learned how to grow them right thanks to Terraforums, and expanded my collection from one plant to 29!

My name is Joe and I am 24 and live in Omaha,NE. I am a grower of odd tropicals and especially epiphytic cactus as well as Cps. I am mostly interested in pitcher plants (Neps, Ceph, Sarr, Heli). I also collect tarantulas and roses.

Joe

Dustin here,

16 been growing for 5 years now. Have my own greenhouse 22ft long x 15ft wide x 7ft tall. Houses Nepenthes pirmarily. Many mature specimens reaching flowering age or have reached flowering. Interested in Aroids, native and tropical, orchids primarily Cypripedium and Paphiopedilium, and of course poisonous plants!

Okay;
Mu name is Daniel, I live in sweden. I'm 26 years old, and have been interested in CP's for a bunch of years, but havent gotten around to actually growing any until this spring.
Other hobbies include Music (geetar-a-holic), Juggling (numbers yaaaaah!), Reptile keeping, painting, and reading.

Cheerio! /Quensel

This sounds like a CP's annonymous meeting, lol.

Hi everyone, I'm Dave
(Hi Dave)
I live in Brewster, NY, and I'm 31. I've been growing cp's for a little over 2 years now. Additional interests are gaming (yes, at 31), karate (I run a school) and I have just recently developed an interest in pepper growing.

Hello,

I am Rose. I am a police officer. I have too many hobbies!. I am into martial arts (I had three schools, but had to desolve them to return to college and the academy), weight lifting, growing various plants, hunting, fishing, guitar, scuba,... on and on.

I also travel to various locations instructing communities and schools on self-defense and drug awareness.

I love CPs. There is a certain kinship
smile_m_32.gif

Hi,my name is Jerry,I'm 35.I live in Georgia.This is my second season growing cps,I started out with a common vft and S.purpurea ssp. venosa,now I have more than 100 plants,HELP,LOL!

Jerry

My name is Dino, Im 13, I live in the U.K,Europe and I have been growing CPs since December 2003. I also grow orchids, I love all types of orchids, though I dont have that many. Im originally from Bosnia and Im half Bosnian and half Croatian.
Dino
cool.gif

yo, I'm jess. My primary hobby is SW reefing. Been reefing for 9 years. oh yea I'm 19. then my secondary hobby is well I have two. My BMW racing it and modding it. Its in the process of being supercharged, my own design went into the creation of it. The supercharger system is unique in that aspect. its gutted and and auto-X ready yet its my daily driver.. Then CPs!!!! yay I love neps especially lowlanders. I only have neps its the only cps i have and have about 18 different species an 20 plants in total. I'm half flip and half irish.....

I plan to grow cephs soon I'm making a small terrarium for them especialy....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Aug. 22 2004,2:39)]I plan to grow cephs soon I'm making a small terrarium for them especialy....
I find that cephs fair better under half a coke bottle with a hole on a windowsill, as they enjoy cool nights.
smile.gif

thats good to know, But my terrarium will be more of a species only display tank. it will only have cephs in it ts a 5 gallon tank. There will probly be 3-5 cephs.....

I'm Clint ; I live in the Metro-Atlanta area of Georgia. I'm 14 and a freshman in Highschool. I've been growing cp's since I was around 9, but I was never serious about it. I've only been growing cp's seriously for one year. What inspired me to become serious was a bog-raid that I want on and rescued several dozen S. flava. I have tons of cp's, my favorite being a typical vft over 8 inches in diameter with traps about 1.75 inches. The person i got it from said it was about 50 years old!!! I'm proud of myself for having two cephs that are STILL surprisingly alive, and my favorite cp's are neps and sarracenia. we have a house in Towns County near Little River, and S. oreophilla are known to grow on the banks of Little River and they live in Towns County, so I hope to see them in the natural habitat next weekend
smile.gif
we're even bringing our boat on the Little River to look for them! On our property in Towns County grow several species of native orchids, giant club mosses, and theres sphagnum that grows naturally on the lake. it's at a high elevation, so i hope to grow darlingtonia on the stream-bank that feeds the lake so it can stay cool
smile.gif

Back