What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, my name is Max Schaefer, and I'm a nepenthaholic.

This is my second growing season (just over a year now), and I've found that my area is perfect for growing highland nepenthes, and many other cps without greenhouses or fancy equipment. I also confess an addiction to this place, where any and all information about CPs can be found, as well as a bunch of very cool people.

Oh, my job is making computer games. The Diablo series is one you may have heard of, if you're into computer games. I also dabble in many hobbies, from snowboarding, RC airplanes, wakeboarding, hockey, and whatever else seems fun. CPs are number one right now, though.

Capslock

My given name is Scott but my nickname is Jim, hence the Jimscott combo. I plan to  stay 18 for the rest fo my life and have been so for 28+ years.

I've killed VFT's for years since I was a kid and swore off the CP's as being too hard - until last June - when I bought a VFT from Home Depot. Bought a few more things over the following few months and discovered TerraForums last November. I have been soaking up info like a sponge; scarfing up plants and seeds from the Trading Post; and enjoying making new friends along the way.

I'm Brian... and I am an alcoholic...

No No! Just kidding!
biggrin.gif

Just started getting into CPs because of my old suitemate Joel/Firewired. Have a very small collection and not sure if I am doing things right. But i am trying nontheless. 24 years old and living in Illinois for now, just east of St Louis, Missouri. Got my degree in Elementary Education so now looking for my first teaching job. Cheers.

My name is kevin, I am 14 years of age. Some people may remember me from 2002 when I was quite active. I ahev just recently gotten back into cps.

I like snowboarding, fishing, yatta yatta, read my profile.
I live in New hampshire. There is a stream by my house with a few wild S. Purpurea and a bunch of unidentified droseras. Some people remember taht whole in 2002 about the draining of the stream... etc... well I g2g

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Aug. 22 2004,3:33)]thats good to know, But my terrarium will be more of a species only display tank. it will only have cephs in it ts a 5 gallon tank. There will probly be 3-5 cephs.....
Why dont you try one on the window and rest in the terrarium? You will have to find a way to provide cool nights in your terrarium, since cephs dont like warm/hot nights.
Try one on your window and the rest in your terrarium, and see what works best.
smile.gif

Dino
smile_n_32.gif

because usually terrarium are more stable than windows, especially species terrarium since it's going to be devoted to one species
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 23 2004,6:32)]because usually terrarium are more stable than windows, especially species terrarium since it's going to be devoted to one species
smile.gif
I have grown my ceph on a window since March, and it has pitchered loads, more than some ppls cephs which were in a terrarium. My Ceph NEVER stops pitchering and rapidly growing on my window.
smile.gif

O.K, enough about that. Just try one on your window and the rest in a terrarium.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Krom @ Aug. 22 2004,9:33)]I'm Brian... and I am an alcoholic...

No No! Just kidding!
biggrin.gif
lol

I have been a grower for 3 years. My interest in cps goes back to when I was 10 or so. I use to have vfts but they always died. I blamed my sister for closing the traps everyday but I guess cps do not like tap water. I have talked about up grading to a bigger terrarium then my 10 gallon. I enjoy the outdoors *hunting, fishing, hiking*, weightlifting, martial arts, and running. I am 27 and still get ID for drinks so I am happy!

Travis
smilie4.gif

Hi my name is Charles.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'll be 30 this year and started growing CPs 2 years ago. I am a kung fu instructor and just got back into computer gaming.

For those of you who have been wondering where I've been....
Since my daughter was born 4 months ago, I've just been lurking around the forums keeping uptodate with events. Sad to say, I've neglectied some of my CPs which has led me to the decision of altering my collection to tropicals only. Been working on a new website for family and CP photos...
Just letting you know I still have that CP addiction....:)

im twelve been growing cps since june my name michael and i like anything that i like if that makes sence lol

Hi
My name is Julian and im 36 and live in Hampshire UK.Been growing CP's on and off for 20 years but in the last 3years the nep bug has bitten. i have 2 6 x 8 greenhouses one for neps and the other for all other types of cps.
Used to bodybuild but with family and work i dont have so much time as i would like but i still enjoy it. Im 6ft 2ins and used to weigh in at 266lb but am a trim 231 now.
I have learnt a lot off you guys and from other forums aswell and hope to learn a lot more.

Bye for now julian

Hi

My name is Suzanne, PAK, Dooz, Hooker or any other epithet you might want to throw at me.  I answer to anything.  
biggrin.gif
  I'm as old as carbon.  I've grown plants all my life--CPs for about 4 or more years now.  I also grow orchids, passionflowers, a wide variety of other plants both indoors and out.  I have a number of gardens and a deck full of plants.  I live in Ginter Park in beautiful, historic Richmond, Virginia, USA.  I have many other interests...I buy and sometimes sell antiques/old stuff, collect vintage Indian blankets (and a ton of other stuff), rocks/minerals, art, music and lots of other stuff.  I have a new little wire fox pup, Ollie Bean (will be posting photos of soon of Ollie being...well...Ollie).

My favorite genus is drosera but I love all my CPs.  And the best CP folks in the world are found on this forum.
biggrin.gif
Like everyone else...I am addicted. I'm a collector at heart and plants just fit right in with the collecting jones.

Car guy here. John. Age is a two digit number between 10 and 40 (once at 40, it stays there forever)...
smile_n_32.gif
I like all CPs, especially neps. Also fly-fishing, fly tying, normal fishing, etc. Read the profile. And yes, a car guy right here
smile.gif

Hi, im Zongyi. I'm special.

jks, lol. the name is Zongyi, but you probably knew that. im 13, turning 14 in october. i work as a newspaper boy to earn a few measly dollors on cps. im going to gr. 9. and im from China. i live in Markham, Ontario, Canada within the GTA.

hobbies include cps, bike rideing, computer games (i like maxis games and Starcraft), and a whole lotta other stuff.

My favorite genus is Nepenthes, followed by Heliamphora, and then Cephalotus.

oh yeah, im not allowed in 14 states in the US. jk
laugh.gif

Zongyi

wooo lithopsman! fellow fly tyers all the way!!!!!!

Me?

My name’s Aaron, but you knew that.

Born and bred in Melbourne Australia 34 years ago.  Work as a financial Planner for a large firm but have been a jack-of-all-trades for a long time and have only been in finance for 4 years (looking to change again soon with the 5-year itch fast approaching).  

I also run a part-time business called Aquatica Australia manufacturing filtration related equipment for marine aquariums (hobby up to commercial size) which is my other main hobby.  Though, the hobby side is almost non-existent now that I've made a business out of it!  Take heed anyone considering turning a hobby into a business!

What little spare time I have is spent either working on my house and large garden, with friends and family or out on my MTB.

I’ve had a fascination with CPs for as long as I can remember.  As with most I dabbled on the odd VFT, Drosera and Sarra during my teenage years.  Then through my 20’s was just too busy or transient to have an involvement.

Now life is finally settling down a bit for me (no more long-term OS travel) so I’ve been back into them for 2 years and am pretty much stuck on Neps.  I have a climate controlled 8x12’ glasshouse with all the workings being DIY.  Currently at about 70+ Neps over maybe 40+ species/hybrids.  Of course I MUST HAVE MORE!

As for you car people.  I am one too but have never lived it.  I've loved fast cars of ANY form my whole life, but due to the conservative and money wise parenting I grew up with, I was never quite able to justify spending the $$ on a depreciating asset (yes finance talk!).  However, I'm coming to realise that is something inside of me that I MUST do at some point (i.e. build up a car) to get it out of my system.  So  now that I have a large enough garage the time may be approaching to give it a go.  Plus my bro-inlaw is a gun car and bike builder, so need to take advantage of that!  Not sure what yet but it'll either be American muscle or Japanese sports.  Right now I'm leaning toward late 60's Mustang... maybe...?... Oh I don’t know.  Just so many great cars out there.

Aaron.

Aaron,
I must say the Mustang is a great car. It might be a little difficult to get all of the parts without shipping a lot from the US... You would need to look into that more! What about a Holden Monaro?
smile.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Aaron u have such areat resouce of awesoe euros I say go wih an old e30 m3 or nice S38 powered M5. Parts for a ford would be easy to get there...they built alot of there cars there

Back