What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lith,

Plenty of Mustangs here but you have to pay big $$$ for them, and, proportionally even more if you get it converted to right hand drive!

Parts do come in form the US but as there are so many cars here already there are a few suppliers. Again cost is the limiting factor.

As for the Monaro! They first came out in 68/69 and have always been a favourite of mine. Not quite the styling of the Mustang but easily matching on grunt. I believe you guys have the latest version over there now re-badged as Pontiacs or something like that? I know they changed the nose-come area for your market.

Jess,

You lost me
smile_h_32.gif

I suspect whatever cars you are talking about are not names as such here. One example I can think of is the Mazda Miata (I think that's what it is in the US). Well, it’s the MX-5 here and if you said Miata to the average person on the street they'd have NO IDEA what you were talking about.

Actually now rereading I think you are talking European cars and the BMW M3? Still plenty around but again $$$.

As you mentioned we do have a few of the Ford Models built here, but IMO anything post-mid 70's has little in the way of style.

Aaron.

Hi Aaron
What about the Nissan Skyline series easy to get parts and work on and boy if you want Grunt how does 1000BHP,
Traction control,4wheel drive +steer sound??Mustang she'still eating grass while The skyline is at home fast asleep.

Bye for now julian

Yes,
We have the current Monaro rebadged as the Pontiac GTO... Here the Miata badge says MX-5 Miata. Everyone just says miata. 2004 E55 AMG is the car of choice here. Fast and fun.
smile.gif

a S38 powered M5 (BMW) was called a 535M in Aussie for the first couple of years then it switched to Just M5, the e30 M3 is called the M3 in aussie. The ones I'm talking about (e30 M3 [1988-1991] and e28 M5 [1985-1991]) are older versions of the new ones and in my opinion true sports cars. They're not all bloted with traction this variable valve timing that, its just pure power and a light weight car. There's some guys getting 600whp+ from the s38 engin. And when youi factor in the e28's weight, its amazing. Plus in Aussie you guys have so much more resouces then I do... I envy you....sometimes...

Anyway those two cars aren't terribly expentise since they are the older models. Especially now, they're in that period where they aren't quite classics but they aren't quite new, you know what I mean? so thier price is reasonable. I myself have an e3o and its a blast, I love smacking high power japanese imports all day at the canyons ///M - its priceless....

skylines are over hiped the RB26dett (engine) isn't as great as an engin as most people think. The ones making 450+ horse power carry nothing OEM on  thier engin its ridiculous, you can do that to any engin, that is, replacing all the parts with aftermartket junk. Plus the R34 skyline is the newer ones so that car is still quite expensive. You'd probly be looking for something like a R32 skyline and that has a RB25det (notice the single "T" denotes a single turbo) so that engin is more costly to pump lots of juice out of.... Well sorry to bore you guys/gals with a bunch of car junk....
cool.gif

True it needs a proper stick shift, but until the new M5 comes out, E55 is the best "family car" around. Right, family car.
smile.gif

Horrifyingly fast. 60 in 4.2. You should see the look on the faces of Carrera drivers...
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Ummmm...hey folks....how about starting a car topic? Yer hijacking the thread!

This is supposed to be an introduction thread for newbies and oldies. Soooo...back on topic please.
smile.gif

I knew that was coming!
smile_m_32.gif
If anyone wants to continue this, we can start a new topic!
smile.gif

eww mazda miata's?? my brothers car is a 93 toyata corrola and it ahs my horsepower than that thing!

Hello, my name is John Pizzicara, I am 99 years old and live in Monterey, California. On and off growing cps for 90 years.

laugh.gif

OK actually I'm 75, I was 73 when I joined in Sept. 2002. I've been growing 63 years. I like ALL plants, but especially CPs. My interests include:
Carnivorous Plants
Poison Arrow Frogs (Vivarium looks bad, half the plants went dormant and theres dead leaves everywhere!
mad.gif
)
Aquarium Fish
"Special" plants (kidding
smile_m_32.gif
)
FIRE
Firearms (no I'm not crazy)
Sniper Rifles
Airsoft Guns
Computer Games
See my profile for more
smile_m_32.gif

If I recall correctly from the picture thread, I believe that you are 12 or 13...
confused.gif

He's not 12.
Spec, I have plants older than you.
He's 11.

Who didn't see that one coming from a mile away?

laugh.gif

Capslock

Ok... Just tried to clarify his age...
confused.gif

lol I'm just kidding around man
smile_m_32.gif
I'm not mad at you im mad at ozzy

I always thought Spec was around 80 or so?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
That is not to bad because I recall Unknowclown being 99 and looking very young too...That picture is amazing!
smile.gif

Back