What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The necps show is on!

schloaty

Staff member
NECPS homepage

I want to see EVERYONE there from the North East!!

Platakiss!
Tamlin!
Nep G!
EPlants!
Merlin!
Tony!
Hellz!

Now my memmory starts to fail....who are the other board members in the New England area....or even CLOSE to New England?

I'll be there! I was at the last NECPS meeting, had a great time!

Hi David
Sounds like its going to be a good day. A bit far for me but i will be there in spirit,take a few piccys so i can see what i could of bought.

Bye for now julian

yah right.....like I have time to go there.
smile_h_32.gif

Dustin, Dustin, Dustin.... What could there possibly be that would keep you away?

Well...I will certainly make sure I take lots of pics so everyone who can't make it can see what they missed!

I'm not in the Northeast. Although I remember someone saying that Virginia was classified as Northeast or something, but tell that to anyone who lives here and they would laugh their head off.
smile.gif

I sure wish I could go.
smile_h_32.gif
I hope to have some brochures to you before that time though.

You New Yorkers get all the cool stuff!!
smile_m_32.gif
Michigan needs to have necps show.
confused.gif
Have a great time.

Travis, Want a CP society?? Start one! You have Michiganites there who love CP too! Get on it!!!!!

This year's show should really be fabulous. It will be a great way for people to see a magnificent variety of CPs - things you may only have seen in books or web pics. Last year the "Outstanding Plant" was a just frightening huge Nepenthes bicalcarata. We all agreed. It was worth trip, many said, just to see that one plant.

The annual show is a very nice way to pick up new plants for your collection since there will be CP vendors and NECPS member donated items - you might be surprized at what will be available, and will only know if you go........ Last year there was QUITE the battle going on during the silent auction of items very generously donated by Tony Paroubek!!!!

John Phillip, NECPS President, is setting up a deal at a local hotel for a reduced room rate and breakfast.

A new event for this year is a table where non-NECPS members can display their CPs, we'll vote and prizes will be awarded. We are going to have a few other new displays this year. One will be the results of the Grow Contest (members each got genetically identical tissue culture sarracenia last spring). Also, a "Member's Favorites" table where each NECPS grower can place their favorite plant and a description of why it's their favorite.

NECPS SHOW 2004

We are also hoping to have items with the new NECPS Logo:

NECPS-logo-color-400.jpg

I hope many of you can make it- we'd love to meet you. It's gonna be GREAT!

WildBill

Make it closer like.....Syracuse NY and maybe I can come then.

Syracuse indeed.
smile_n_32.gif

Well, I guess I'll have to remember not to bait you....

You guys are doing an incredible job with your organization! I'm in aw!

Stephen Davis
BACPS President
www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com

Thanks Stephen -

Good luck with your guy's show!! I wish I could go, it's just a bit far....

We are very lucky in having extremely dedicated, enthusiastic, and creative people in our membership and support in our efforts by the people at Roger Williams Park. Although Roger Williams Park is not as big, it would be like you guys meeting regularly at greenhouses in Golden Gate Park, or Griffith Park in LA. There is a Zoo, boat rides, a carousel, rose garden, etc. Sometimes we get some of the general public - people who'll peek in at a meeting and the kids just love it.

The suggestion of having a non-member's CP display came last month from a new member.

At last year's NECPS show we created displays where the plants were displayed randomly, pitcher plant next to VFT, next to Neps, etc. It looked great but some folks thought it looked overwhelming. This year we are going to display things by group - pitcher plants all in one area, etc. It should make things a bit easier to judge too.

Last year, the night before our first show, most of our members were like kids the night before Christmas - no one got much sleep from all the anticipation. One of the best things I remember from last year's show was seeing all the wide eyed smiling kids - young and old alike - and most visitors leaving happily and excited clutching new CPs.

WildBill

Yeah Travis, us Michigineons or whatever need a Cp society! I wish I could go to the Show, I wanted to go on the Motorcycle trip my dad and I take every year, but dad said no. I guess I wouldn't be able to bring anything back
smile_h_32.gif

Back